[TERA PC] There will be a supplementary maintenance starting at 1 p.m. PT today, August 11, to resolve an issue that is currently preventing players from matching for dungeons. Estimated duration is one hour. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

I'm glad PvP is dying

Comments

• VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    MT now is mostly full of people that couldn't keep up with the old PvP crowd when the game took more skill and had non wheelchair classes. So now that all the decent people are gone it is nothing but a bully fest since they can finally feel like they are at the top of the food chain.

If the old PvP crowd all returned you wouldn't see it anymore. But since it's this new crowd nobody has any respect for anyone anymore especially when class carrie's are si possible now.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respect? When did that ever existed in MT? As far as I can remember, no one respected people who politely asked to be left alone and do their starting quest in Lumbertown, and there was that one guy always killing ONLY low undergearded newbies, just to increase his epeen, make a video, and be hailed as a hero by those "old PvP crowd" you speak of. Talking about not having the [email protected] to face people of your own level and same gear and skill.
    So, do tell me, where is this respect you speak about.
  • GelosGelos ✭✭
    pvp seems to be the same no matter what game you play.
  • i play on all servers, and i cant recount how many times i got pk'ed on MT esp. during open world events
    - basically you practically have no chance, when you are geared for pve and all these fulll +7/+9 people coming along (sometimes in gangs of 3 or 5) in pvp gears/roll/crystal and keep stun locking you until you die
    - not much to do about it
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    I can help you with bullying, click the PvE server or turn off your monitor.

Someone's a bit defensive..
    All I'm saying is the game gives you options to ignore the toxicity if it actually bothers you. Block people, don't join a PvP server to start with, close your eyes, report people, etc., etc. If you've played literally any game with PvP, there is toxicity, get over it!

Thanks for proving my point.
    shinjuki wrote: »
    90% of the "cyber bullying" is jokes btw... I've been on both sides and like 1 hour later we're chill, its only people like you that take words in a game seriously enough to call it cyber bullying, and like someone above said, turn your monitor off if you can't handle it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn't that what they all say after they get scolded though? "Oh, we were just funnin." It's not really jokes, it's picking on people for fun. Grow up already, because people do get sick of it. My server kept on and on this one player in the name of "having fun". Every other day, they'd call the person out in global until the person finally left. It just gets really old not only for the victim but for the rest of us on global that have to see the same sad lines and pathetic jokes over and over. Play the game, get over yourself and leave people alone.

I think a huge problem is that people don't socially mature these days. They're too busy getting babied by their parents, so they still think they're in elementary school teasing others on the playground and telling them to "get over it".
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    PVE have bulliying as well.
    Game is full with elitist ptw as**oles, and they dont esitate a second if a player in the party dont have the right crystals, or dont know a mechanic, or even if his ilevel is not the top one.

Welcome to MP games dude.

Totally agree.

What's even more amazing are the total tantrum meltdowns on global. We're not your parents, and we're not going to spank them for not having the right crystals. Here's a cookie. Now, go have a time out.
  • ch0obch0ob ✭✭
    Ngl, finding a skilled player who is humble is a rarity on tera.
  • FuelynFuelyn ✭✭
    There will always be toxic behavior anywhere. If you tried to filter it out you would be left with a very small group that will eventually be toxic with each other. I agree that it's dumb to put so much of your time to ruins someone else's day but I don't appreciate this thought of wanting for PvP to die for something that can be found anywhere. Especially when I've seen the complete opposite from a good amount of people. I've never been a fan of trash talking and PvP practically keeps me in this game and if I feel this way, I can guarantee some others do. One because I'm not special and another because I literally see it daily. Granted I log in mostly during slow times.

The so hated bullying won't be going anywhere even if PvP is wiped out completely. With how people will always focus on the bad more than the good it'll feel like nothing has changed if it did leave. Just a void of missing players that will make you rethink the decision. It sucks that "feelings are hurt" but that's the way some people will be when they can hide behind a computer. The game is actually pretty friendly in avoiding toxic behavior and helping you make your haven. Report and block it if it gets too extreme. Some people actually enjoy this environment too. Be pretty unfair to them to have it taken away when you can block or even switch to a PvE server if you have the money and time for it.

I hope your days are filled with less toxic people each day :)
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    [ Removing Forum Violation - Discussing Moderation ]
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    I can help you with bullying, click the PvE server or turn off your monitor.

Someone's a bit defensive.

LIke I tell my kids, they are unhappy people that are just trying to take their frustrations with life out on others. If they have nothing better to do with their lives than to grind for max gear for the sole purpose of teasing and belittling others, I have pity for them. Thankfully, my kids play loads of different games, so they can just play another game if adults start in with them. I do find (for some odd reason) that adults have a severe problem with kids that play their games. I think adults often delude themselves into thinking that they've really accomplished some major life feat by maxing out or dong whatever. Then, some kid comes along less than half their age to accomplish the same. It really seems to tick off the adults like crazy. I only mention this as I see it a lot in Tera.

You wrote a paragraph featuring your kids in response to a single sentence.

Tell me where the PVPer touched you
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp will never die!
  • pvp been dead hello? you should main in pve and do pvp on the side
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    pvp shouldn't be killed off. Note that the more successful games out there are either full pvp or with great pvp in them (or uber AAA single player games with lots of money and resources poured into them). If Tera and other mmos want to survive, they should really try to step up their work towards pvp balance. The rest is simply player behavior, and that's something much harder to control.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    pvp shouldn't be killed off. Note that the more successful games out there are either full pvp or with great pvp in them (or uber AAA single player games with lots of money and resources poured into them). If Tera and other mmos want to survive, they should really try to step up their work towards pvp balance. The rest is simply player behavior, and that's something much harder to control.

Warframe begs to differ. Its PvP is as dead as TERA, and yet, with its PvE, it has way more success than most games of the same genre.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »

Warframe begs to differ. Its PvP is as dead as TERA, and yet, with its PvE, it has way more success than most games of the same genre.

Warframe is an example of f2p made right, but it's still a single game in a sea of successful pvp games like Fortnite, PUGB and CoD, and a sea of dead pve focused ones, like pretty much all other MMOs. And as I said somewhere else, even if devs from other companies tried to mimic something like WF, they wouldn't be able to do the same (though it would be a step in the right direction to kill off corporate greed). I believe the attributes that make WF so successful is it's combination of lore, story, and game mechanics. Most mmos lack even a coherent story, and those with a semblance of a good one, like Tera, are then bombarded with loopholes, nonsense story, and a lore breaking set of cash shop costumes (which believe it or not it's a heavy mood breaker for many pve purists).

Still, I feel the real soul of gaming as an industry still resides in it's humongous pvp focused community. So many players out there who go online for nothing but pvp, could be playing Tera if this game was properly balanced and if pvp wasn't treated like an afterthought.

As for what this thread is really about, player behavior exists in all games with multiplayer. You find good players and bad players. That's nothing new. And the game devs or their publishers can set a bunch of rules and ban the most noisy of the bunch. But usually, and more if it involves voice chat, quite a few of these bad apples are not in trouble because their d-baggery isn't bannable.