[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The Dragon riddle: Hidden Code (Solved)

Comments

• iCandyKillziCandyKillz ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    SingleBear wrote: »
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So 20 spaces gives me thought that it's 20 letters, with a letter from each page which is why the riddle could only be solved with all 20 pages?

However I can't figure out any way to calculate which letters from which page would be necessary in that case. Taking the letter that corresponds to the page number results in "oavasaigwrlismmkewt" which isn't even an anagram for anything as far as I can tell.

Outside of the page numbers corresponding to a letter in the page I can't think of any discernible method to pick a specific letter from the page, especially if the capitalisation of words is entirely arbitrary and doesn't refer to anything in the riddle.

Some of the things that bother me reading through this is things like "Vergos begat Khemadia; Khemadia, alone of all Dragons" but it's implied in "Vergos's first Brood consisted of a Dragon of each of the Primary Prigments, plus another void of coloration, and still another of all the hues combined. Khemadia may well be the Last of these." so how was he alone if there were at least 5 before him?

Also "Velik's Hand is evident in the Diaspora of the Dragons from Southern Arun. For several Leagues around her City, there are very few wild Dragons to be found - and, in fact, I saw only nine during my wanderings there."
    Except that, if I recall correctly, there are no dragons in all of Southern Arun short of the Apex questline, unless you count Atrocitas who is a dragon styled Fimbrilisk. Or the 8 dragons that surround the dragon follower in Fyrmount, but I would consider that part of the apex line.
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Probably...I think we need to get these pages in the right "Order" as each journal description says that putting them in the right order is crucial...So this "Story"/History that Verdas is writing will reveal itself and the code is whatever it's talking about is at least my theory...but it's hard to see which goes where since there's gaps between each page and it changes topic decently often

I doubt the pages are in the wrong order, or at least greatly, the first page states there's only 3 continents accessible at the time. But by page 55 there's a reference to castle aranea which if memory serves is in northern arun. Khemadia is also referred to as Master of the Darkened in earlier pages but is then changed to his real name later on.
    It all culminates in page 111 which clearly happens just before the apex questline while the rest is far prior.

I may be wrong though, but it does appear there's a chain of progression albeit vaguely. If the pages aren't in the correct order, I can't imagine how to possibly order them correctly given the large gaps and severe lack of information in some of the pages.

What if it's the first letter of each page, and the pages are out of order chronologically by lore? Creation of Vergos > "Death" of Vergos and so on? Would simply have to rearrange the letters to make the code (could be a word or phrase). Unless once again I'm over-complicating things.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Probably...I think we need to get these pages in the right "Order" as each journal description says that putting them in the right order is crucial...So this "Story"/History that Verdas is writing will reveal itself and the code is whatever it's talking about is at least my theory...but it's hard to see which goes where since there's gaps between each page and it changes topic decently often

I doubt the pages are in the wrong order, or at least greatly, the first page states there's only 3 continents accessible at the time. But by page 55 there's a reference to castle aranea which if memory serves is in northern arun. Khemadia is also referred to as Master of the Darkened in earlier pages but is then changed to his real name later on.
    It all culminates in page 111 which clearly happens just before the apex questline while the rest is far prior.

I may be wrong though, but it does appear there's a chain of progression albeit vaguely. If the pages aren't in the correct order, I can't imagine how to possibly order them correctly given the large gaps and severe lack of information in some of the pages.

I don't know...I feel like they are in the right order but i just can't shake the feeling that this "Right order" business means something

Or it's just fluff...i don't know what's real anymore
  • What if it's the first letter of each page, and the pages are out of order chronologically by lore? Creation of Vergos > "Death" of Vergos and so on? Would simply have to rearrange the letters to make the code (could be a word or phrase). Unless once again I'm over-complicating things.

I also tried this, but the first letter of each page results in:
    Nabhtobstpkavdmovtde

Which as far as I can tell has far too many consonants and not enough vowels to create any sort of anagram.
  • iCandyKillziCandyKillz ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I also tried this, but the first letter of each page results in:
    Nabhtobstpkavdmovtde

Which as far as I can tell has far too many consonants and not enough vowels to create any sort of anagram.

What leads me to believe the pages are out of order, is that page 11 talks about Khemadia laying into it's challenger, until the wounded dragon finally "lays still" I feel like this is talking about the Hero (us) fighting Khemadia. As well as Page 18 talking about Fyrmount and molestation, where in page 44 you notice Verdas had watched the dragons mate (such a pervy researcher). Fyrmount being some sort of "mating" location for the dragons.

Another example is page 31 & 64. They explain the types of dragons, and what they are. Dracoloth being the most powerful of all the breeds.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    *whispers* I'm not sure how many of you guys noticed it, but the pages show a pattern when they are put together in right order.

EDIT: and yes, it's very noticeable pattern, but whether it leads to a clue to solve the riddle or not is up to you.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    !raffle A
  • This may just be a speculation, but maybe the notes might be hinting to another long-term raid event kind of like the Argon Invasion, but might be with dragons? Not sure, just a guess is all I could get aside from what everyone else has already talked about.
  • So I took a chance to make a Discord dedicated to solve this Riddle, feel free to drop by and riddle solve with us.

https://discord.gg/4VhwxYx
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Page 2 already confused me. It mentioned 3 continents. The only continents I know is Arun and Shara.
    What is the third one??
    :scream:
  • Page 2 already confused me. It mentioned 3 continents. The only continents I know is Arun and Shara.
    What is the third one??
    :scream:

That would be Southern Arun, Southern Shara and Northern Shara.. Northern Arun (highwatch) not yet being accessible
  • NorafinNorafin ✭✭
    So whatever the code is, it must be visible that there is one at least in week two.
    That said, I can't find shite.
  • MonttuMonttu ✭✭
    I was just thinking, but the pages talk about places Verda's has been. Are they all places you go to during the Apex missions? I haven't done them so I don't know, but I have seen my guildies in many of those places while they were doing Apex. Also, to me they don't look to be in order by number. Just reading all of them it seems like it jumps from topic and back again.
    edited May 2018

The dragon riddle has been solved....As thought, the pages were NOT in the correct order...Thanks to those who worked hard on it to find the solution (I had some difficulties and stumped abit on finding the order)
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    The dragon riddle has been solved
    Congrats!
    I wonder who managed to input the code first? ;)
    The dragon riddle has been solved
    Congrats!
    I wonder who managed to input the code first? ;)

Was there something special for the person who put it in first? Don't toy with me fam...people found it when i was sleeping :feelsbadman: I was still working on the order somewhat :kms: