The Forbidden/Banned words list needs to be updated with the advent of non-english languages

So I tried calling my character David.Hasselhof and was refused. I thought it might have something to do with him being a real person so fine. Then I tried something in german: Krasser.Typ (cool dude) which was also refused. Then I knew: they're blocking '[filtered]'. I don't see the 'offence' in this word but since it's a North-American company, whatever.

However, since Tera is now being marketed in a largely non-english speaking region, Europe, it might be time to update the banned/forbidden rules list. In chat, I cannot wish someone 'Viel Spass' (have fun) because '[filtered]'. I did a search, and there are 3.191 words in German and a whopping 98.364 French words containing '[filtered]' with no offensive or derogatory meaning.

Besides, the banned words list in chat doesn't work, because you can still call someone a mother.fu.cking as.sho.le.

So please, overhaul the whole offensive words list to reflect the new player coming in.

Here's some knowledge: Po in Popori means [filtered] in german....

Comments

• VoidBlueVoidBlue ✭✭✭
    I see people do that all the time, just adding periods between letters so the cuss words go through
  • While I agree with this... How do you have 3.191 words? Like how do you have part of a word?
  • KurgannKurgann ✭✭
    well, here you go
  • KurgannKurgann ✭✭
    wow, I can't even post the link because it contains a.ss.
    go to this site: http://www.wordmine.info/de/Search.aspx?stype=worter-mit&slang=de&sword=STUPID
    and change stupid for as.s without the dot.
  • KurgannKurgann ✭✭
    I think we should start a campaign to change POPORI to something else, I am really offended, because PO means AS.S in German!
  • Ah, 3 thousand, I was thinking the period was a decimal
  • KurgannKurgann ✭✭
    metric, what can I say.
  • After the Harry Potter pig was released, I tried a character with the name Alohomora (incantation / spell in HP). Apparently that's even on their list of forbidden things. I'm curious what all they have on their list.
  • Kurgann wrote: »
    I think we should start a campaign to change POPORI to something else, I am really offended, because PO means AS.S in German!

I'm offended that your offended >:O
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @TX2OGEL989 said:
    > After the Harry Potter pig was released, I tried a character with the name Alohomora (incantation / spell in HP). Apparently that's even on their list of forbidden things. I'm curious what all they have on their list.

Hahha it's because of H.omo
    This is honestly unbeliebable because the censor doesn't work the same way on pc so I don't understand why they'd go through the extra effort just to screw something up