[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Tera is breaking my PS4

Hey I'm okay with a few bugs and some crashes but this game is literally starting to break my PS4. Second or third time now that the game just froze or something and said I was disconnected from server and I couldn't press anything. Only way to get out of it is by manually pulling out PS4 plug. What's more upsetting is I was playing stronghold for golden eyepatch. Thanks EME for the 3-14 record. Yea, I'm so bad that I win 15% of my games even though there are 19 other players and I account for 5% of my entire team. Thank you so much for making my experience so completely fair.

Comments

• PErformance has gotten progressively worse the last few weeks and i started thinking it was bad for my ps4 as well.
    about 10 days or so ago the game started locking up/ freezing every time i tried to use a PS menu. Whether the quick menu, party , menu or just backing out to the crossbar.
    Any attempt to try and use a non in game commmand now locks up the game for me. It wasnt like this at launch and i've definitely stopped playing as much becasue of this. not good...
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    New console games or pc games always were launched in early acess with billions of bugs.
    Is a commom problem today. Only hope is wait for a future fix
  • > @Gatokatzen said:
    > New console games or pc games always were launched in early acess with billions of bugs.
    > Is a commom problem today. Only hope is wait for a future fix

Understand what your saying and I agree that no launch is truly successful. What I don't understand is this has been problems with the game for years on PC and they still decided to port and I feel that they have no intentions of fixing anything. Yes they said they fixed something's and blah blah about upcoming fixes, but nothing has been fixed there are still complaints of issues from players of same issues from beta and launch. The only thing that seems to work 90% of the time is the store(im not talking about emp issues that's another subject) go figure.

I also hate that I can't use the menu for either ps or Xbox without it locking up game. Hopefully they get forced by Sony or Microsoft to improve the game and not just forget about it. I really enjoy playing terra on console for a change of pace.
  • edited May 2018
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    New console games or pc games always were launched in early acess with billions of bugs.

How long are people like you going to keep telling others to "wait for a future fix" a game with a problem as big as crashing a persons ps4 so badly the only way to fix things is by pulling the plug is a MAJOR issue that should have been fixed ASAP and by ASAP i mean they should have been on top of it day 1 and gotten it out by now. It's been what? a month or so now and the major issues have seen absolutely zero fixes, while market content gets updated almost daily. Do you know what system crashes/having to pull the plug can do to a ps4/harddrive? Do you know what memory leaks can do to a system? The performance has been the biggest issue since early access and we are months into this since then and we have seen no serious things being done to rectify the problems with this port. At this point i believe its beyond waiting any longer, at this point im just laughing. I am just glad i deleted tera weeks ago and don't have to put up with it anymore. Although it is fun to scour the forum and reply to these issues still. It makes me both disgusted and laugh that this is still a problem after all this time for people. I almost feel bad they have to put up with it but at the same time if they keep wanting to play and forcing themselves to stress over it then that's on them. Bluehole wont get its head out of its butt unless people actually do something to show them we are fed up with them, and that is why i stopped playing tera along with many others i am sure.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »

lol @ "billions of bugs" there are soo many factors here that could be at play, first theres a difference in each bug, some are serious issues while others are stupid little things that don't matter. The problems with tera are huge serious issues and have been for blatantly long enough. Second there is no excuse to just be okay with these issues even if other games release with them. You cannot justify wrongdoings simply because other companies have wrongdoings too. The simple fact is that bluehole screwed up and failed to address things in a timely fashion or at all and it is causing huge problems for peoples hardware. That is a truth.
  • Just because you experience the kind of crashes that make you have to unplug your system, doesn't mean it is happening to a bunch of people. I've experienced framerate issues here and there, especially in major cities and the occasional dungeon d/c but nothing close to those levels. Don't lump those kinds of serious problems with the entire Tera population.
  • One thing that might help, DEFRAG your PS4 HD. Do a google search for "Rebuild Database PS4" .
  • Abednego wrote: »
    Just because you experience the kind of crashes that make you have to unplug your system, doesn't mean it is happening to a bunch of people. I've experienced framerate issues here and there, especially in major cities and the occasional dungeon d/c but nothing close to those levels. Don't lump those kinds of serious problems with the entire Tera population.

You are very stupid and ignorant. I'm not even going to explain why you replying to this thread is completely unnecessary.
  • No I speak the truth. Typical that you would result to insults and name calling just because someone doesn't agree with you or experience the same problems you do. This is why I usually don't even respond in these threads, because of people like you. I really want to fire insults right back at you, but I won't sink to your level.

Just leave the game already and these forums, so nobody has to deal with you anymore.
  • LunaSynLunaSyn ✭✭
    I got no big issues with the game other then chat lags when you are done typing, and cs makes you crash Sometimes. Dungeons runs fine, daily play runs fine. Cs just came out so give them time to fix the crash issue. They already fixed other issues. Not saying everything is fine cause it’s not, but it is clear that they are working on it
  • Abednego wrote: »
    No I speak the truth. Typical that you would result to insults and name calling just because someone doesn't agree with you or experience the same problems you do. This is why I usually don't even respond in these threads, because of people like you. I really want to fire insults right back at you, but I won't sink to your level.

Just leave the game already and these forums, so nobody has to deal with you anymore.

You leave the earth so no one has to deal with retards anymore. You're so stupid and ignorant.
  • HeathenDeaconHeathenDeacon ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    if you think this game is anywhere near par for the standards of how most games run on ps4 then you dont play enough games. This game is definitely one of the worst optimized game ive seen on console in the last 10 years.
  • You leave the earth so no one has to deal with retards anymore. You're so stupid and ignorant.

Lol, get yourself together man, you are way too angry. That's no way to live.

• TTKPPWLJFPTTKPPWLJFP ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If I tap the PS4 button to go out to Spotify, and I’m in the game playing, when I click back on Tera it sends me to the server select screen. This means I can’t go out to Spotify to change my music during a dungeon, but I can deal with it. I’ve only had a perma freeze once, and I was able to close the application. And I have six 65’s and the rest of classes over 30.
  • Wow Op, just managed to give stupidity a new face, even in these catacombs of a forum.Clap,clap.