[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

FRAYWIND CANYON - PROPER CRYSTAL GUIDE

UPDATE: Forums keeps deleting thread when I edit it so I'm gonna post it one last time. Thanks!

Hello, I main a priest on Tempest Reach server. After playing thousands of Fraywind Canyon matches it has become apparent lately that players are entering this battleground without proper crystals, meaning they enter with either no crystals whatsoever or simply PVE crystals.

It may not seem obvious to some newer players but Fraywind Canyon is a pvp battleground, meaning you wear PVP CRYSTALS to the battleground. You DO NOT wear any pve crystals. The reason you need these proper crystals is because every single time you die the enemy team gets 80 points. There have been countless matches where players have died 5-10 times and in some instances even more than 10 deaths which is absolutely unacceptable. A key factor in all of this is that all of these players had incorrect crystal set up which contributed to their massive death toll.

BUYING NIVEOT CRYSTALS:

Option 1: Buy off broker

Option 2: Redeem vanguard credits for niveot crystals.

You can redeem your vanguard credits (from doing daily quests like Island of Dawn, pve dungeons, solo quests, or pvp battlegrounds) in HIghwatch.
1. Open vanguard menu. The automatic keybind is H. Press redeem so it teleports you to Highwatch.
f0f8ebf675.jpg

2. Speak to Khartan.
6fd7a495d3.jpg

3. Store itself
be571a62b2.jpg

ARMOR
3x RELENTLESS, 1 GRIEVING CRYSTAL
ee91a02c6a.jpg

Relentless Crystals: More health

e5067d2b9b.jpg

Grieving = There are no nostrums in BGs so this crystal allows you to get some mana back when you are attacked by a player. It helps when your mana drains fast after using skills constantly.

WEAPON:
HEALER SET-UP THAT I USE IN FWC:

3 BRILLIANT, 1 SWIFT
3 brilliant for mana regeneration, 1 swift for movement speed in COMBAT.

DPS SET-UP (General idea):
1 CARVING, 1 SALIVATING, 1 FORCEFUL, 1 SAVAGE

This is general cookie cutter set-up for dps.

TANK SET-UP (General idea):
1x CARVING, 1x SALIVATING, 1x CRUEL, 1x FORCEFUL/SAVAGE
General cookie cutter set-up for tanks as well.

ZYRKS:
FOR HEALERS: INDOMITABLES
870e4a8983.jpg

DPS/TANK:
This depends on how skilled you are and what your roles are but most dps wear either Keen Vyrsks/Swift vyrsk (some reapers prefer these but that's personal preference).
f22b6b0774.jpg

This increases your damage against players so this is mostly ideal.

PRO-TIP: AVOID CRYSTALS THAT HAVE "MONSTERS" IN THEIR DESCRIPTION.
8c9f9b3d52.png

CLOSING THOUGHTS

The pvp community in Tera is already small, significantly lower than the pve community. It is imperative that players (both new and veteran) who want to play these battlegrounds will take 5 minutes to just get proper crystals so everyone on the team can excel. If you are uncertain of anything pvp-oriented, there are people who are willing to help you but you must take initiative. You can write any commentary on this thread or feedback or if you disagree with my advice we can have a discussion.

DISCORD: Lifegiver#4276 If you have questions pvp-related, i can try to answer as best I can or refer you to someone who can help you too.

HAPPY FWC!

Comments

• SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    My name is Kupo and this is my favorite message on the citadel.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    *Forum : Players Help/Guides
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Nice, hopefully we'll be seeing less PvE crystals in FWC.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Ayi wrote: »
    i mean, as much as you and i would want it, one post is not going to suddenly solve the problem, or even make so much as a crack in it

people have to go out of their way to educate newbies about this kind of stuff. you can't just expect them to know everything or even know where to start looking
  • That is good. I hate when players enter a BG with no crystals at all, or PVE setup (Yes i can accept you can forget to change em, but i cannot accept no crystals).
    In the other hand, i die more than 10 times xD with Crystals. But i suposse it is average for a 300+ ping zerk
  • I think you are missing the point. Yes crystal bring slight advantage to fwc, But kicking and screaming at your team repeatedly with an elitist attitude is more game throwing. You all act like you are always one hundred percent right and know it all and proceed to kick others with just a very brief warning. Change the fundamentals of how you people act in the instance and maybe pvp will not be that dead no? Crystal is just a excuse for pvp to kick first or new timers because they are elitist and seem to not remember that they were also first time in the past with no gold or resources. You act like everything is easy but truthfully the community such like your friends are the sole reason why your pvp genre has been dying every year. Wake up now
  • 73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point. Yes crystal bring slight advantage to fwc, But kicking and screaming at your team repeatedly with an elitist attitude is more game throwing. You all act like you are always one hundred percent right and know it all and proceed to kick others with just a very brief warning. Change the fundamentals of how you people act in the instance and maybe pvp will not be that dead no? Crystal is just a excuse for pvp to kick first or new timers because they are elitist and seem to not remember that they were also first time in the past with no gold or resources. You act like everything is easy but truthfully the community such like your friends are the sole reason why your pvp genre has been dying every year. Wake up now

06e7a7db04.jpg
    From a few matches in the past where people have died 5+ times and the legendary person who died 15 times in a match. This guide is to help people who want to improve and who actually want to take initiative as opposed to being carried. It is very simple to get crystals and to take 5 minutes to just set yourself up for success. If you are in proper crystals, I will not initiate a kick toward a person because they did their end which is what I am requesting. If you ignore me when I lead and ask you to cap, feed the entire duration of the match, or blatantly become disrespectful when I point out that you are in pve crystals (defensive, don't care), then you will be kicked.

When I made this thread, I already knew that my attitude in matches would come up so this would be expected. While you may be right, I'm not going to argue on how I behave. It's how I lead and it's not personal toward any specific player. The truth is if you come into a match half-[filtered] with no crystals or pve crystals then you will be kicked.

You do not enter a dungeon with people who have no crystals or spam auto-attack. It is the same principle for these BGs. You will not enter our raids will poor crystals and feed and think you will get away with it. People only have a few days per week and for a certain amount of hours to queue. They do not want it to waste their time when it can be prevented if people are not lazy. If you do follow instructions, have right crystals, and try your best then there is no issue here.
  • On Mystic, Slayer and Zerker
    I don't use grieving niveots, just 4x relentless dyads with a secondary mana regeneration proc.

On Slayer and Zerker
    I use swift instead of salivating and I don't really have serious issues with mana.
    Swift makes it easier to chase healers in the back, sneak up on people for a thunderstrike and get out of sticky situations instead of feeding.

My question is, will I get kicked?
    I don't use grieving niveots, just 4x relentless dyads with a secondary mana regeneration proc.

On Slayer and Zerker
    I use swift instead of salivating and I don't really have serious issues with mana.
    Swift makes it easier to chase healers in the back, sneak up on people for a thunderstrike and get out of sticky situations instead of feeding.

I don't want this to be turned into "If you don't have these exact crystals, you will be kicked" sort of mentality. To be honest, when I am inspecting people I mainly look for the armor crystals because of time (1 minute to prepare) but also because realistically that is why people die so fast (absence of pvp armor crystals). If you don't have a grieving, I will personally not make a big fuss about it.

I also noted in my guide that the set-ups I posted are cookie-cutter, meaning that is generally what a dps should follow but you should take what I say with a grain of salt, as everyone has different play-styles. You use a swift because you prefer movement speed which is something I used to do on my sorcerer way back. A healer might disagree with me and say they want 2 brilliant,1 carving, 1 swift or go full brilliant because healers have swift glyphs, etchings, and swiftly armor dyads. If you are thinking of your play-style with a pvp mindset then that is completely acceptable.

On Slayer and Zerker

I like to use swift on zerk too. That thing is slow.

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    metagame wrote: »
    Ayi wrote: »
    i mean, as much as you and i would want it, one post is not going to suddenly solve the problem, or even make so much as a crack in it

people have to go out of their way to educate newbies about this kind of stuff. you can't just expect them to know everything or even know where to start looking

never said one post would

but yea I don't mind seeing equalized gear, but pve crystals are the worst. Insta kick from me as well.

props to lifegiver for trying to educate these players :)
  • MinileeMinilee ✭✭
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point. Yes crystal bring slight advantage to fwc, But kicking and screaming at your team repeatedly with an elitist attitude is more game throwing. You all act like you are always one hundred percent right and know it all and proceed to kick others with just a very brief warning. Change the fundamentals of how you people act in the instance and maybe pvp will not be that dead no? Crystal is just a excuse for pvp to kick first or new timers because they are elitist and seem to not remember that they were also first time in the past with no gold or resources. You act like everything is easy but truthfully the community such like your friends are the sole reason why your pvp genre has been dying every year. Wake up now

I queue on my ninja from time to time . Not a known name, equalised gear, not in a big guild, no rating.... but i have the proper crystals and i have never been kicked yet from any fraywind i joined as an equalised '' looking like a new timer''

When i first started Tera and wanted to pvp i typed in google : Tera pvp... and oh wow, i got informations, tips, and what crystals to use. So no, there is no excuses for someone to enter a battleground without pvp crystals. If this person doesnt take the effort to search for info, why would i take the effort to give him tips 30 seconds before a match. Wake up
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    > @73K5HJREXP said:
    > I think you are missing the point. Yes crystal bring slight advantage to fwc, But kicking and screaming at your team repeatedly with an elitist attitude is more game throwing. You all act like you are always one hundred percent right and know it all and proceed to kick others with just a very brief warning. Change the fundamentals of how you people act in the instance and maybe pvp will not be that dead no? Crystal is just a excuse for pvp to kick first or new timers because they are elitist and seem to not remember that they were also first time in the past with no gold or resources. You act like everything is easy but truthfully the community such like your friends are the sole reason why your pvp genre has been dying every year. Wake up now

On my phone, but you cant blame PvP players for kicking because of Crystal's. It isn't a slight advantage. It's a massive defense and offense boost with the right setup.

It isn't just PvP players that do this either. PvE players yell and scream at people in the wrong crystal setups and kick because of it as well.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minilee wrote: »
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »

I queue on my ninja from time to time . Not a known name, equalised gear, not in a big guild, no rating.... but i have the proper crystals and i have never been kicked yet from any fraywind i joined as an equalised '' looking like a new timer''

When i first started Tera and wanted to pvp i typed in google : Tera pvp... and oh wow, i got informations, tips, and what crystals to use. So no, there is no excuses for someone to enter a battleground without pvp crystals. If this person doesnt take the effort to search for info, why would i take the effort to give him tips 30 seconds before a match. Wake up

Kicking people will only help the enemy team to win or get better chances to get over the victory. If your team is not lucky you might not get a new player in the first 2 minutes because it needs to look for one and he needs to get inside, all that time is wasted and most of the times people don't want to join matches that already started becuase they asume they will be on the losing team.

So instead of giving the enemy team more advantages people should consider carefully what they are really doing before complaining about those they want to kick.
  • ^ Thank you! I hear people kick others just to get their big gear hardcore pvp friends after two minutes who can entirely change the pace of the game no matter how far the enemy is ahead. Change your elitist attitude @Vunak and @Minilee! Also... @Lifegiver00 I see the screenshot who say they are from pve crystal? Also seem like you specifically edit those out from maybe 100 game? I think it is out of context or exaggeration. But not expecting much from elitist player. You kick all the time and not just you, influence power over other because you queue often and is healer.