[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

TERA New hair

Why are they the same hairstyles as ones I see in Bless, someone finna go to court.

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol popo with hair :3
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Hairstyles is not really a copyrighted material..
    My hair looks like one of the elin hairstyles..
    Does it mean that I can sue EME and BHS???
    :scream:
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Probably both are using assets from somewhere, korean mmos do that a lot

Edit: Looks familiar?
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Ah the clipping in that video is beautiful.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Bless and Tera both purchase hair/costume assets from some 3rd party Korean company. It might come as a shock to some people that not every costume/armour/weapon/etc is made in-house by the developer of the game. There are companies that create 3D models and sell them for commercial use in games and whatnot.

Given that Tera and Bless both run on the Unreal Engine, it's not unlikely that there's some Korean company that makes some of the 3D assets that Tera/Bless use, and they just so happened to overlap.

I mean, If you look at the two examples in this thread, both have obvious issues that aren't too surprising if they're imported from a 3rd party developer.
    The hairstyles have serious issues when it comes to the way they handle lighting, so colouring on them is totally off from any of the other hairstyles in-game. Meanwhile the alice dress... Well, we don't even have it due to a bug.
    It's totally possible that the bug was due to an issue when importing the assets into Tera that they couldn't fix.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the alice dress... Well, we don't even have it due to a bug.
    It's totally possible that the bug was due to an issue when importing the assets into Tera that they couldn't fix.

The only thing close to a bug with the Alice dress was its physics, they attempted to implement a "moving in the wind" type of thing to it that makes it sometimes frill upwards, thats it, tbh any cape/scarf is much worse with its random chance on load to bug out and flap wildly and stretch to hell across ones screen. At this point I still think its more or less they ran into some type of copyright issue with it here, the same reason we never got the neon cat earphones and other things
  • Wait... I thought that the Wonderland costumes were the result of a jtera costume design contest.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Looks great hope one day popori get hair, will be cool a punk or rasta popori style
  • edited May 2018
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    they attempted to implement a "moving in the wind" type of thing to it that makes it sometimes frill upwards, thats it, tbh any cape/scarf is much worse with its random chance on load to bug out and flap wildly and stretch to hell across ones screen.
    Off-topic, but the Alice costume bug is much, much worse. With the Alice dress, you can trigger the upskirt bug any time you want by having two characters wearing the dress stand next to each other. Which people would proceed to do on every single live stream ever. Cape/scarf random bug is annoying, but the Alice one is a showstopper.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    they attempted to implement a "moving in the wind" type of thing to it that makes it sometimes frill upwards, thats it, tbh any cape/scarf is much worse with its random chance on load to bug out and flap wildly and stretch to hell across ones screen.
    Off-topic, but the Alice costume bug is much, much worse. With the Alice dress, you can trigger the upskirt bug any time you want by having two characters wearing the dress stand next to each other. Which people would proceed to do on every single live stream ever. Cape/scarf random bug is annoying, but the Alice one is a showstopper.

I think that Marilyn Monroe dress effect would be considered as an extra perk on the dress /j

Edit: Now in serious tone, I don't know what can be considered worse on that bug when almost only morals are the ones making it not coming to western markets, however we have devilicious for Elins or bronce bikini or [add here any costume that are kind of lewd]. I really don't understand what is really the issue with Alice dress in the mind of the publishers.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

I think that Marilyn Monroe dress effect would be considered as an extra perk on the dress /j

If you give the dress to human females... lol
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is mean bless is the true tera 2 ?