[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Please remove Brawlers from Corsair's

Brawler class is obscenely broken right now. They have two abilities that are severely overpowered and cause huge amounts of lag.

1) The ability (sorry not sure of its name) that brawler can use every 20-30 sec. which lifts up every single player in a huge radius (even behind or to the side of them, even on the other side of a door). It interrupts anything that any of the affected players are doing and has a 100% chance of success. It is ridiculous.

2) The other ability is the one that "gathers up" a bunch of players into a huge heap and pushes them all around with a fireball type effect. This causes crashes and big lag spikes even in PVE, but especially in Corsair's. I'm really tired of DC'ing and being counted a loss due to the client crashing after all the brawler-spam.

All the brawlers do is spam these ridiculous abilities, causing huge amounts of lag and getting credit for mostly other people's kills. The fact it also causes DCs is the main problem though. Overall, that class is super unbalanced---a dps tank? Whose idea was this?

Comments

• MyxMyx ✭✭
    1) stay out of range
    2) you can simply dodge to either evade the skill or leave it

I wonder if its only the brawler who create this dc. There are a lot of other things which can be responsible for that.

Pls dont argue about killstealing. That makes no sense in this type of game. You should be happy someone in yout team did the job faster than you could.

We have a lot unbalanced classes, mostly the new ones with complete new mechanics which lever/bypass the old ones. But even the old classes were never fully balanced and are changed every few patches. Makes no sense to complain about it. Over the last 6-7 years balance never existed, be it in 1v1, 3v3 or 15v15.
  • TRWWKDN739TRWWKDN739 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    1) If you are hitting the main gate you cannot "stay out of range".

2) A single brawler can occupy three or four entire raid teams for multiple seconds and not only DDOS their router at the same time, but also, prevent them from playing the game during whatever frames of video make it through to their screen.

I'm not arguing about kill stealing nor balance, you're who brought it up both of those things. Quit shadowboxing, it's really bad form.

Also, it makes perfect sense to complain about it, because this is a "feedback" forum. This is exactly the place to complain, and it's what we're supposed to do here.

I'm saying they should remove a completely broken class that causes people to DC and crash, and ruins the game for everyone else due to how ridiculous it is.
  • evanxukevanxuk ✭✭
    I agree this is a brawler causing game to crash in corsairs ( maybe not 100% responsible but more than enough )
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    1) Thats right, if you feel you are useless at gate cause of one skill (btw there are plenty of other skills from other classes, especially the new classes, which bring a whole raid in trouble at the gate, have fun with gunner+valkyre if they are released xD) you can always do something else important
    Oh and there should be bombs. Not as dangerous as they were in the past but a coordinated attack of three bombs can waste easily a careless raid

2) If a brawler is able to occupy even only halve of your raid then your team is full of noobs, he should be stopped long time before he can reach your gate attackers from a group of experienced pvp players distracting the defender out of range of the gate

Can't say much about the lags/disconnects, I havn't such problems. At least not to such extent that I can't react on a brawler attack. If its worse enough to make the game for halve the players unplayable (shoudln't this affect the other side too?) then Enmasse have to do something. But I doubt they will remove a class. Through all the years with all the bugs and glitches different classes had they never disabled a single one.

"...causing huge amounts of lag and getting credit for mostly other people's kills" I read this like you complain about killsteals. If its not what you meant then there is no problem.

There is a difference about complaing that your house burnt down cause the fire detector don't work or about water being wet. ^^
  • Brawler is just super OP. For example in FWC tonight, one brawler was able to tie up our whole team and we could literally do nothing to counter it. Meanwhile they can block/resist every stun that reapers and mystics throw at them. They are just a ridiculous class that breaks the balance of the game. It should be removed all around. Or at the very least, Ground-Pound and Bull-Rush should not be allowed in PVP maps like CS and FWC. It's super OP.

On Reaper to stun someone you have to actually aim and position. With brawler you just have an I-win button where you can jack it all up. Plus, they get added to queues faster than DPS players because they're supposedly a "tank" (even though they do more DPS than most DPS classes, and they have a potent self-heal that makes the class broken).

• MyxMyx ✭✭
    Oh rly, you use the fcking reaper with its shitload of stuns and huge aoe stagger/knockdowns and high asp to show how balance look. .__.
    Reaper was the first new released class and it had exactly the same stupid overpowered set of skills like every over new released class...
    I don't say brawler is balanced but neither is reaper. The only difference is that reaper had already a lot of patches to adjust it (like deactivation of the -can't be dying- passive that now only works in pve)
  • Myx wrote: »
    Oh rly, you use the fcking reaper with its shitload of stuns and huge aoe stagger/knockdowns and high asp to show how balance look. .__.

The reaper stun lasts for about 1 second or less. Meanwhile if a brawler stuns you, then you are stunned for about 7 seconds. All of the reaper stuns COMBINED don't even equal one stun of the brawler, and meanwhile the brawler can disable your character in many other ways too. They can stagger you, they can lift you (and your whole team!) in the air over and over for several seconds, they can bullrush you (and your whole team!) all over the map for several seconds. Plus they get a massive self heal, much better armor, an impenetrable block—and if they stack attack speed, an attack that cannot be blocked at all. Further they don't even have to aim, just be close to you—a 10 meter radius is sufficient for some of their crap.
    Reaper was the first new released class and it had exactly the same stupid overpowered set of skills like every over new released class...
    I don't say brawler is balanced but neither is reaper. The only difference is that reaper had already a lot of patches to adjust it (like deactivation of the -can't be dying- passive that now only works in pve)

With reaper you have to aim your stuff. It's a strong class, but it does not do as well as a sorcerer or zerker or slayer, and cannot stun-lock nearly like a warrior or a slayer or lancer. Reaper is a middling class that takes more skill than anything.

Remove brawler.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    1. You are right, a brawler has a slightly better skillset for masspvp than a reaper but reaper is far away from beeing bad
    2. Brawler will not be removed
  • If not removing brawler then disable or significantly nerf the super laggy and OP skills, bullrush and groundpound (or whatever the juggle is called). Also reduce the stun duration by 75%.

Compare to Mystic or Reaper stuns like Sharan’s Lash or Cable Step that only stun for a brief window of maybe 1 second. A brawler’s stun lasts longer than Reaper’s 3 stuns combined, plus brawler’s groundpound and bullrush effectively stun you for awhile too, since you cannot escape from them once your iFrame is gone (and Mystic only gets one).

Mystic has therefore no way to block or avoid getting their spell casting interrupted by a groundpound.

Mystic CC abilities meanwhile are much less viable since brawler and other classes can just block to avoid it, and the effect wears off very fast. Other than sleep there is very little duration to any Mystic control abilities—and that’s their specialty!!
  • BUMP: Bralwers are by far the biggest culprit for turning mass pvp into a literal slideshow. I will often times drop to under 1FPS after witnessing a meatgrinder with multiple enemies caught in the ability.

I can say for certain this is the predominant cause due to the fact that 99% of my disconnects in a dungeon are the result of a Brawler aggo'ing 10+ mobs and using meat grinder. I know of many 420+ Brawlers that have the decency to not even have meat grinder as a slotted ability due to this massive frame issue.
  • there are multiple good brawlers that dont even have meat slotted because of this reason. the ones you constantly spam it off cooldown are the ones who know what it does and do it on purpose or bad players who cant be bothered to figure it out or pay attention to posts.
  • There is even a brawler who literally named his character, "Makeyoucrash"... this kind of thing deserves perma-ban.
  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Or they realize how dumb it is. I play brawler sometimes and don't want anyone to crash but im not gonna not use my skills. It crashes everyone your team their team occasionally you crash from it. Its dumb but is what it is. Brawlers aren't op in pvp or anything either. Reaper are far worse to deal with than a brawler. The state of pvp in this game is bad everything is stagger or knockdown laggy and overall its not a fun experience. I don't use meatgrinder in dungeons and just dc from rampage sometimes on adds. Its a good cc skill in pvp don't see why it wouldn't be used as much as possible. You also just crash going to the north bam pretty much just existing in pvp will crash you.
  • FystsFysts ✭✭
    Brawlers are just one of the symptoms of the overall problem with bgs . I won't argue that brawlers add to the real problem , which is lag . Been in matches with no brawlers on either side and the lag is still terrible. Like Baratos said you could be just running to northern bam solo and lag out for 10+ seconds . Lag is by far the best pvper in the game. Kills me 80 % of the time . Lol I will say brawlers plus lag make sorcerers deadly . Just think with the Gunner release it is just going to get worse .