[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lancer, pulling tips?

I'm only level 30 and want to take advantage of the 2x XP with friends. Dungeon farming. I have a few questions regarding each scenerio. I understand the class begins to show how it works at 60.

(Mount). Gather all > wait until fairly close > taunt AoE shout (I take MASS damage it seems) > Block when close > Counter Block+jumping attack > AoE away/block. Could I do something better to help me with pulling, or reduce damage?

What do you guys normally do?

- does Mana also get better at higher levels?

Comments

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly there are so few scenarios at level cap where you'll have to gather a lot of mobs that it's really not relevant, what you're doing sounds fine for your level. If you want to take less damage, try using iron will before you engage them. At max level you just shout, chained leash, and go from there. Mana does get a little better, but not much, you'll pretty much always have to use mana pots if your healer isn't giving you enough mana.
  • Just a quick note, the double XP is console only and this is the subforum for PC tera.

If you're talking about mobs in dungeons, you can just run all the way until the dungeon walls you off. Just facetank and die, and use the newbie res is the best way to go about it, imo.

Mana is a healer dependent thing at higher levels. You're going to have aids with mana until you start partying with better healers.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    best tip for pulling? have low ping :D
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Exp is for Console, but i take it you are looking for the experience of the PC community, hence why you post here.

There are very little scenarios where you as a lancer will have to pull a large amount of mobs at lvl 65. Most of the times at low lvls, you will unfortunately find people who just wanna rush through it, and they will be the ones pulling the mobs, some of them eventually dying to the mobs damage and blaming it all on you (this is normal, you will have to get used to it, as people always put the blame on the tank)

Some dungeons wont allow you to mount up, so right now, in order to pull a lot of mobs safely, you pretty much just round them up, gather them, and use shout. Your shout doesnt have to reach all of the mobs, just a portion of them since you already gathered all of the aggro. Once you get used to it, you wont even need to use shout, just block, and then shield counter will be enough to grab all of the aggro of the mobs, unless your dps is pulling too much aggro, then you shout. But usually by the time you shout, your dps if is good, will had made quick work of the mobs already.

Yes, mana does get better, but you are a lancer, you will either have to carry mana potions or your healer will have to mana charge you at all times, because no matter how many buffs your gear gives to your mana, it will run out extremely fast the moment you use Adrenaline Rush.

Maybe you arent using the right crystals? but at low lvls and until you get comfortable with your aggro, you should always use 1 threatening crystal. After you get comfortable, you wont even need it, and will go for a setup for full frontal damage, after all, the new aggro formula works based on how much damage you do. But it doesnt hurt to shout from time to time, as the moment you stop attacking, your aggro will get stolen by a high powered attack from a DPS.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    honestly, you shouldn't have an issue if your healer focus heals you (even if you don't facetank everything).

What I did when I levelled my lancer is I shout a crowd, then charging lunge to the corner. If they are scattered, just walk through everything, will, shout then charging lunge AWAY from the crowd. This buys you ample time to prepare your basic combo before you get staggerlocked by them. From there everything is easy, you just need to practicing minmaxing by casting debilitate between blocks. Also since you are playing with friends, you can tell them to only hit after you have casted shout.

Low level heals don't heal for much. As such it is actually not that bad to avoid taking damage as far as possible.