[Suggestion/Request] player chat

I’ve been playing a bit of console, and by far the most annoying thing is people don’t communicate, or read anything. People don’t even read when people try to communicate important info for mechanics to beat the dungeon.

...and why would they? The default chat window is basically a stream of useless system spam. Even if people wanted to read most times the text is gone immediately.

Please make the default first window be ONLY player to player communications: party, raid, say, whisper, guild. Place the system information into its own tab where it isn’t making it impossible for players to talk to one another. Put area with global chat?

In short please make it so the default text that appears to players is other players talking to them.

Thank you.

Comments

• > @Oborozukiyo said:
    > I’ve been playing a bit of console, and by far the most annoying thing is people don’t communicate, or read anything. People don’t even read when people try to communicate important info for mechanics to beat the dungeon.
    >
    > ...and why would they? The default chat window is basically a stream of useless system spam. Even if people wanted to read most times the text is gone immediately.
    >
    > Please make the default first window be ONLY player to player communications: party, raid, say, whisper, guild. Place the system information into its own tab where it isn’t making it impossible for players to talk to one another. Put area with global chat?
    >
    > In short please make it so the default text that appears to players is other players talking to them.
    >
    > Thank you.

100% agree. +1 from me
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Is true imagine pc that can use any any program video cam or microphone but after 6 years still working with the same sad chat
  • Well this wouldn’t require any development time other than changing the default config for the chat channels so I’m hoping it’s a reasonable request.
  • ^

this. exactly this.
  • I think this a change that could really improve the experience for console players.
  • The chat in this game is so junk it's basically equal to not even having one at all. It amazes me that even the small amount of people who do still play this game. A lot of my friends left and even i left. There is just too much wrong and no real effort being put into bettering or fixing the game. Until i see some sort of post talking about big changes at EME and Bluehole i probably will never play it again.
  • The chat in this game is so junk it's basically equal to not even having one at all. It amazes me that even the small amount of people who do still play this game. A lot of my friends left and even i left. There is just too much wrong and no real effort being put into bettering or fixing the game. Until i see some sort of post talking about big changes at EME and Bluehole i probably will never play it again.

Poor PS4 player lol, there are plenty of people playing daily on xbone. We do daily CS and dungeon runs, craft and trade stuff. I mean we just play tera and have a good time.