[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Should I go beyond +300 crit factor?

What's the general consensus for Berserkers (or any other class) these days?
I've seen a few Berserkers stop at around +300 and start stacking power.
Should I be doing the same thing?

Comments

  • P9GNNHPDEMP9GNNHPDEM ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Go full crit jewelry. Crit etchings on jewelry, energetic on weapon and gloves. 6 crit 3 power on belt, 4 power 4 crit on rings. 4 power on necklace, crit innerwear, brooch 6 crit 3 power

    You want alot more crit than 300. Over 400 is optimal.
  • P9GNNHPDEM wrote: »
    energetic on weapon and gloves
    Is energetic better than keen for Berserker? I've been using keen etchings.

  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Don't quote me, but I rmb reading somewhere that stacking too much crit is not optimal, cuz of diminishing returns. Every crit factor you stack past a certain threshold will ultimately result in a dps loss in the long run, since due to opportunity cost, you lose out on the ability to get more power. +300 crit factor sounds good enough tbh.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    P9GNNHPDEM wrote: »
    energetic on weapon and gloves
    Is energetic better than keen for Berserker? I've been using keen etchings.

    ............................ you never get energetic in berzeker , dont matter if you have +300 ( besides you always runs with mistics or crit priest hue )
    you still fail crit with TS/VampiricBlow/Lethal strike
  • P9GNNHPDEM wrote: »
    energetic on weapon and gloves
    Is energetic better than keen for Berserker? I've been using keen etchings.

    ............................ you never get energetic in berzeker , dont matter if you have +300 ( besides you always runs with mistics or crit priest hue )
    you still fail crit with TS/VampiricBlow/Lethal strike

    All the top zerkers are running energetics.
    Haloist wrote: »
    Don't quote me, but I rmb reading somewhere that stacking too much crit is not optimal, cuz of diminishing returns. Every crit factor you stack past a certain threshold will ultimately result in a dps loss in the long run, since due to opportunity cost, you lose out on the ability to get more power. +300 crit factor sounds good enough tbh.

    Zerker benefit alot more when you stack crit. Your TS/Cyclone will be alot higher crit rate with +400 compared to +300 crit (like at 10-15% difference)
  • D4RK3Y3DLYNXD4RK3Y3DLYNX ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I also noticed that Awakening skills always crit, so power would have an advantage for that brief attack window. I'm currently on +300, so I'm still trying to make up my mind which way to go. I'll probably need to do some tests in some dungeons later.

    > @P9GNNHPDEM said:
    > You want alot more crit than 300. Over 400 is optimal.

    Is that with or without a Mystic? I can currently go up to +330 without a Mystic.
  • Well, I've determined one thing. Awakening skills do not always crit. I used them during Ultra-Hyper-Fire-Turbo-Time on the guardian bams and the more I lowered my crit factor the more white damage I did.

    Another thing, I have full power rolls on my weapons. Should I ever roll crit factor on my weapon as a Berserker?
  • SvafnirSvafnir ✭✭✭
    NEVER roll crit factor on a weapon, ever. at best I think Zerk was the odd class that could make use of crit POWER roll instead.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/8dyyfx/berserker_apex_miniguide_godsfall/
  • Svafnir wrote: »
    NEVER roll crit factor on a weapon, ever. at best I think Zerk was the odd class that could make use of crit POWER roll instead.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/8dyyfx/berserker_apex_miniguide_godsfall/
    Thanks a lot for the guide! So +300 crit factor is the base line and it seems that trying to get to +400 is preferable for a Berserker. I'm at +334 with a belt etching and still have +16 to go which will bring me to +350. I'm not sure if I can go much beyond that, but I'll see what I can do.
Sign In or Register to comment.