How can we get people to learn to heal?

13

Comments

  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    Ippiki wrote: »
    Ippiki wrote: »
    I forgot to point out, final fantasy 7 is a bad game.

    That's because you ain't a real rpg gamer.

    You’re only a “real rpg gamer” whatever that is if you play RPGs with a modicum of actual challenge that aren’t centered around a plot that only (should?) appeal to angry teenagers wanting to strike out against the world. I mean there’s a reason Ff7 has not received a remake before now, given it’s aged far more badly than a plethora of superior games before it thanks to the crazy decision to utilize 3D too early in 3D’s lifespan. Yes, games that existed in the early years of console 3D often cry out for a remake. Remaking a game about an angry teenage eco terrorist though? Would not have flown as a plan in the past 17 years.


    200w.gif


    You have no idea what you're talking about. You are just not a real rpg gamer.
    People that did not play Final Fantasy VII in 1997 will never understand the reason why the game is so popular.
    The reason the remake didn't came earlier was because it wasn't possible due to the large world of ff7 which was too big for ps3 and xbox360.
    Final fantasy 7 has the biggest fanbase in the world. But say whatever you want cuz your opinion doesn't matter anyway lol.

    Not only did I play it in 1997, I reviewed a review copy for an RPG zine at the time.

    I gave it 8/10 because of peer pressure. Actually none of us liked it, we gave it 8/10 because it was ok for its time but we knew it would age badly. I hated the god awful 3D sprites in 1997. I didn’t like the plot. I haven’t actually played it *since* 1997.

  • FinalFantasy7FinalFantasy7 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ippiki wrote: »

    Not only did I play it in 1997, I reviewed a review copy for an RPG zine at the time.

    I gave it 8/10 because of peer pressure. Actually none of us liked it, we gave it 8/10 because it was ok for its time but we knew it would age badly. I hated the god awful 3D sprites in 1997. I didn’t like the plot. I haven’t actually played it *since* 1997.

    First you say it's a bad game then you say you gave it a 8/10 because of peer pressure ?? lol what ?
    But say whatever you want cuz your opinion doesn't matter to me or other fans.

  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    If I gave it 6/10 like I wanted to, people would have logically unsubscribed from my zine and I wouldn’t have spent the next 10 years writing for commercial print magazines as a real rpg gamer whatever and I probably would not be doing what I am doing now which is also related somewhat.

    We tried to be impartial and give it a better score than my feelings.

    8/10 does not qualify it as set the world on fire most amazing rpg ever - something we all thought was true. Chrono Trigger is leagues better.

  • Xerses wrote: »
    what the hell are those crystals and why are you using them? even if you're trying to build for dps it's still wrong. we're "@$$holes" because people like you just throw random stuff in your build without doing any research at all about the game. Pc players been here telling you guys to go read guides, watch videos. Thanks to the pc players you have everything you need to learn how to play this game. Go watch Sarumonin, or go to essential mana ffs. Instead of bashing the pc players you should use them to your advantage and learn how to play the game. Or just do what you do best and remain ignorant, keep name calling. Btw your elin is ugly

    Wow, you must be one of the most stupidest person i've ever seen on the internet hahaha.

    Green level 65 crystals: 2 x increases healing by 2.5%, 1x Endurance 3. 1x attack speed 1%
    Red crystals are increases crit power from behind, increases damage to monsters, increases movement speed in combat and increases crit power from the front.
    I use this for solo content (smh)

    Oh and the blue crystals are.
    Increases movement while out of combat, recovers hp every 5 sec 2x and increases hp by 5434.
    And yes, you are an @s$hole for being rude for no reason :)

  • > @FinalFantasy7 said:
    > Xerses wrote: »
    >
    > what the hell are those crystals and why are you using them? even if you're trying to build for dps it's still wrong. we're "@$$holes" because people like you just throw random stuff in your build without doing any research at all about the game. Pc players been here telling you guys to go read guides, watch videos. Thanks to the pc players you have everything you need to learn how to play this game. Go watch Sarumonin, or go to essential mana ffs. Instead of bashing the pc players you should use them to your advantage and learn how to play the game. Or just do what you do best and remain ignorant, keep name calling. Btw your elin is ugly
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, you must be one of the most stupidest person i've ever seen on the internet hahaha.
    >
    > Green level 65 crystals: 2 x increases healing by 2.5%, 1x Endurance 3. 1x attack speed 1%
    > Red crystals are increases crit power from behind, increases damage to monsters, increases movement speed in combat and increases crit power from the front.
    > I use this for solo content (smh)
    >
    > Oh and the blue crystals are.
    > Increases movement while out of combat, recovers hp every 5 sec 2x and increases hp by 5434.
    > And yes, you are an @s$hole for being rude for no reason :)

    Don't worry what others say, I've played tera on PC since alpha just because one person says use this setup because they are sheep doesn't make them right. I main a mystic and One thing I would recommend for solo is change out the blue crystals you don't need Hp regen if you glyphed your motes, and use hardy. No noticeable difference in the blue movement it doesn't apply to your mount so I would use hardy there also. I have no deaths with this setup for me. For group I use all hardy and weapon I use carving for crit heals, swift and brilliant. Remember most guides you read right now don't match our version on console unless its an old guide prior 2016. As long as you have steady heals not much more group members can ask for.
    I use all crit for my green because I'm comfortable enough and prefer crit heals.

    There is no perfect crystal setup guides are written to help and the setup is for that particular person.
  • @M6KPMHHLR3
    @freonwolf

    Thank you both
    Xerses wrote: »
    if being inadequate is fun to you then have at it =P
    @Xerses
    So.. i was right about you, being the stupidest person on the internet :):)
  • Generally hardy blue crystals is a top choice for anyone in pve. I wouldn’t even keep anything else in your inventory at all ( maybe a few max hp ones for certain situations.
    Swift, carving and mp regen ones for the red. You should only have damage ones if you’re soloing.
    Accessory crystals is a personal choice, I go with enduring because endurance lets you survive more. Swift is good if you want more attack speed. Healing ones are generally a miss as your healing is high enough already.
  • TRWWKDN739TRWWKDN739 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    [quote="JohnNapalm;c-243242"]90% of the healers dont know exactly their job , cant debuff boss cant cleanse party thats all healer job not just spam heal .[/quote]

    Only Vok boss #2 and Lillith in HM require debuff. Against all other bosses, Regression does absolutely nothing.

    Mystic has two spells that deal continuous periodic damage and reduce the target’s endurance: Volley of Curses and Contagion. These two spells never remove any buffs from the target. They do not debuff the target, in other words. They are not debuffs. Contagion and Volley of Curses are both curses—not debuffs.

    So... if you bark at a mystic in game chat to debuff any other bosses than VoK boss #2 or HM Lillith, then it’s no wonder they let you die... LOL.
  • That being said...

    As a Mystic who is 424 now, I must say that I sucked at 410 when it was literally my first week playing Tera—let alone playing Mystic.

    I had no idea which crystals to use.

    I had sub-optimal gear rolls.

    I did not have any dungeon mechanics programmed into muscle memory.

    I know when to pre-lock cleanses or heals.

    I did not know when it was safe to risk the animation lock of Titanic Favor or the healing mote spell.

    I died a lot.

    But the main things that hurt my performances as a healer, were the following things:

    - crappy brawler tanks who:

    - did not know they were tanks

    - did not know what agro was

    - did not know what tanks are

    - DDOSd everyone’s router with meatgrinder at every possible opportunity

    Also DPS players who:

    - would never dodge a single boss attack, but would dodge every healing boomerang pulse

    - would never pick up nearby healing motes when low

    - would never have hardies on

    - would never have proper DPS crystals

    - would never have proper rolls on jewelry or armor
  • > @TRWWKDN739 said:
    > [quote="JohnNapalm;c-243242"]90% of the healers dont know exactly their job , cant debuff boss cant cleanse party thats all healer job not just spam heal .[/quote]
    >
    > Only Vok boss #2 and Lillith in HM require debuff. Against all other bosses, Regression does absolutely nothing.
    >
    > Mystic has two spells that deal continuous periodic damage and reduce the target’s endurance: Volley of Curses and Contagion. These two spells never remove any buffs from the target. They do not debuff the target, in other words. They are not debuffs. Contagion and Volley of Curses are both curses—not debuffs.
    >
    > So... if you bark at a mystic in game chat to debuff any other bosses than VoK boss #2 or HM Lillith, then it’s no wonder they let you die... LOL.

    Wrong both volley and contagion are a endurance debuff. Here is the meaning if you have trouble.

    debuff. Noun. (plural debuffs) (gaming) An effect that makes a game character weaker; a negative status effect

    You say you have a 424 mystic but don't even know your class.

    Contagion applies an addition 5% endurance debuff for 20 seconds. This can be increased to 29/30 seconds with Noctentium and Lingering glyph, should be used during enraged for max damage.

    Volley of curses is your most important offensive debuff. It’s applies a 9% endurance debuff on the target when glyphed , which is a huge DPS increase for your party stacks 3 times and should be up 100% of the time.

    And yes I main a mystic
  • I can heal! Anyone who likes to dungeon crawl is free to add me :)
    I love having fun and never hate on the games for no purpose!
    I am a priest as well! :D

    I also offer myself to teach anyone who needs healing, lol!

    I didn't read anyone's post but OP so don't mind me just dropping by!
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TRWWKDN739
    You mixedup word definitions my guy.
    Volley of curses and contagion are debuffs. They lower the boss' endurance and make him weaker.
    Regression however, in definition is more close to DISPELL.
Sign In or Register to comment.