[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Please stop bringing this economy breaking item back

There is already plenty of gold inflation and we don't need more.

AcbU4ug.png

also dislike it because it's p2w and cashgrabby

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you sell talents to get gold these kind of events are convenient for you (the f2p player) more than the ones buying these crates (the p2w people).

At this point It doesnt even bother me, selling your mats makes a good amount of gold at this moment and with that sales from mats will be even better.
  • ReaperElenaReaperElena ✭✭✭
    No please, bring it more!!! It's about time. As a matter of fact, we need a NPC that can exchange gold to EMP or vice versa.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    No please, bring it more!!! It's about time. As a matter of fact, we need a NPC that can exchange gold to EMP or vice versa.

They are happy to turn EMP into gold, but not the other way around.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would we need such a terrible thing, to effectively kill all the f2p players? You're out of your mind.

This p2w [filtered] should just stop already oh my godddd eme
  • Although I dislike the event as a whole because as mentioned above, it's a really blatant cash grab, what I hate more is the timing of it.

The fact that it was timed during an event that's already causing mass inflation and introducing millions of gems into the economy already, alongside a change to dungeon vanguards that introduced even more gems into the economy, there's the decision to do a cash shop sale to introduce even more gems into the economy.

Why not do a costume sale or something instead? Do costume sales not make enough money now or something?

I also hate this event in particular especially because it's probably as close to an actual slots machine you can get away with in an online game. It's not some costumes, or a weapon skin, or a mount you're gambling for. You don't get consolation items with a non-fixed in-game value. You're gambling for money, flat in-game gold.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    The game used to very boring and dull for almost two years making me and other friends to look elsewhere because the battlegrounds would not work at all and there was also little incentive to do dungeons or anything else .. But now we have so many events and the battlegrounds/dungeons are much more popular while we have so much incentive to play on mains/alts that i am not sure how any F2P player would complain about whenever a so called P2W event would occur to help with the game expenses. Besides, the so called P2W is not even that much P2W because the gear and most of the other things are tradeable so the said players do not even pay to win because they do not actually win anything that would put them at considerable advantage.

Also, if we are not willing to support the game as community in any way possible then how can we expect anything in return from this game?
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Inflation is out of control right now because the the additive jackpots. No need for these to make it even worse.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

Why would we need such a terrible thing, to effectively kill all the f2p players? You're out of your mind.

This is the first game I've ever played where f2p players DEMAND that the game cater to them. There are a lot of people not interested in gambling that will still sell EMP.

I think more of a concern is that they should start having some sales, because the brokerage is getting pretty weak with stuff to buy.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »

This is the first game I've ever played where f2p players DEMAND that the game cater to them. There are a lot of people not interested in gambling that will still sell EMP.

I think more of a concern is that they should start having some sales, because the brokerage is getting pretty weak with stuff to buy.

The thing is, tera is one of the rare games with a fair and great cash shop model, despite the loot boxes. With how easy you can obtain gems and gold ingame this month inflation is going through the roof.
    What we would benefit from right now if eme did cash shop sales on retired costumes and lootboxes perhaps, not introducing even more gold into the economy.
    I'm not demanding the game caters to me, but you have to understand this game needs both f2p and paying players in order to continue having the good f2p model it already has. If they cut out the need for emp buying and selling by letting emp buyers just straight up buy gold they're damaging the economy even further. Hell, selling emp can be more profitable than buying gem boxes but people are lazy and will obviously take the more direct solution, thus preventing the flow of cash shop items into the market.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    Inflation is out of control right now because the the additive jackpots. No need for these to make it even worse.

that's what i'm saying
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    i love inflation :)
  • CornishRex wrote: »

F2P makes up the majority of the population, so the game will die even if all the paying players are happy.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    And this is why i love EME so much - untill they dont think about golden and silver talents but killing economy with diamonds and gem crates i will have my gold done on their non logic events and people who buy it.
    No blames guys but they made everything to make cost of one silver plate grow to almost 800 gold each on CH.