[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Is stating others as traps a reason to get banned?

Well, basically this. I've run with a person several times and he ended up insulting, leaving and flooring all the time, not following mechs, etc. etc. about 95% of the times i ran with him. I wonder, am i allowed to warn others via lfg or global (or whisper) or would this be considered defamation and a reason to ban or something like that?
Thank you for your answers.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not bannable to my knowledge, but I would advise against doing such a thing, let the others realize it on their own. After all, you don't wanna be that person.
  • But what if i want to fight salt with salt and toxic with toxic? xD
    Well, what i mean, is, that i am sorry for those ppl getting in the group with ppl like that. also, i dont want them to, well, "get away" with behavior like that.
  • Well, en masse rules of conduct does not have any rules regarding that. It may fall under "harassment" if you spam global chat with " X PLAYER SUCKS KICK HIM ON SIGHT", but if you warn people in a serious way i think its a good idea.

Those people really rustle my jimmies and i will go out of my way to make sure they dont do those kinds of things again, be it reporting, not healing them, kicking, etc.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    we used to warn the rest of the team if we knew someone was a trap so that we could let someone else in. being an unskilled player is one thing, but im talking about someone that was toxic and doing bad on purpose just so they could troll someone and waste their time.
    if you see that person in a team, warn the team. if they listen, then good. if they don't, then they will see for themselves. many times all it takes is for them to see proof and then word gets around pretty fast
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    use reddit to warm or discord :3
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    EME has specific forum rules against name and shame, even if it is truly warranted by the toxic behavior of an adult who acts as a child. They also consider specific types of warning in global chat as harassment (as in you are insulting the person, stooping to their level of discourse etc.) Even if it is warranted, you can get a chat ban or suspension.

EME won't allow public statements about it, even if the player is toxic as hell, and is known on multiple servers for being a terrible person and player. They will however, act on reports with screenshots, and address any harassment or griefing done to you. Keep in mind, they aren't going to address a player just because he/she is new, bad, or unwilling to learn. But they will address toxic behavior, speech, and continued harassment (example I reported a player for continued harassment because he would join groups on his alts and troll us as tank/heal by wiping the group or refusing to move to the next area.)

The bottom line is:

- Make your own groups so you can avoid the toxic player
    - Warn groups/leader you join so that they will kick the toxic player
    - Leave a group/avoid groups with the toxic player.
    - Report a toxic player that is continually harassing you and provide screenshots of the documented bevaior

That's basically it.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    tbh, making the global drama about bad player is a childish thing, just block such a player, be drama free and enjoy the game, EZ
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    You probably just have to ask in global if anyone has dealt with that person. You'll most likely find a bunch of people, and said discussion will clue everyone in on what's going on.

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Make a ticket and let EME decide. After put him in block. If hes from another server then either vote to kick him with explanation of reason or leave yourself. After all he doesnt bother with that speak its a trouble for you.
    Message about person in LFG not much different from "Mom X called me an idiot!".
    Take things easy, there are crowds of ppl who dont give a f about any rules and politeness. We meet them all life and have to hold many of them without a saying a word.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, for a pleasant life follow this advice

drama_plus_drama_tim_gunn.gif
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Play tanks and just kick whoever you want. If the party refuses, slashquit/scrollout/logoff. IM at this point is a trap at 90% cuz of ppl who can't read and ppl who indulge this stupidity.