[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

ATTENTION: ALL NEW PLAYERS

Dear New Player,

Before starting a new character, please read a guide on essential mana or if you like a more organic approach, read each skill before moving on to the next one. So many new players think that, just because a skill is placed on RT/R2, it is the best/main skill for that particular class. In exactly zero cases is that actually the case, most main skills or best attack are naturally placed on X/Square. So please learn what each skill does as you learn them (especially tanks, if i see one more punch combo brawler i will lose my mind)

Comments

• You forgot to add that:
    - Do not stand in big aoe circles that hurt.
    - Attack boss from behind.
    - Dodge shite if you see the boss about to attack.
    - Do not run away if you get aggro.
    - Do not stand in the aoe circles that hurt ( cannot stress this more).
    - Watch videos for every new dungeon you do before going in.
    - DO NOT STAND IN THE [email protected]:£:NG RED CIRCLES FFS.

Ok that’s about it.
  • WarfyreWarfyre ✭✭
    RGW467JMHJ wrote: »
    You forgot to add that:

Ok that’s about it.

But the red circles buff your dps, right?
  • Jajaja no way
  • RGW467JMHJ wrote: »
    You forgot to add that:

Ok that’s about it.

This, unless you play a tank class like brawler or lancer where some points may differ :wink:
    Also, if you feel like being spoiled watching video guides beforehand, gather a group of friends and run in blind.
  • Honestly the fact that we have to say don't stand in the red says more than anything else.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Warfyre wrote: »
    You forgot to add that:

Ok that’s about it.

But the red circles buff your dps, right?

As they say, "Stand in Fire, DPS higher"
  • > @Vinyltails

Honestly if that was true then I’d let them stand in there and heal my a$$ off to keep them alive. Don’t care, just dps the boss. Not the people who stand in fire and “Hey let’s use the auto attack until everyone dies!”, they can just die.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    > @ Vinyltails

Honestly if that was true then I’d let them stand in there and heal my a$$ off to keep them alive. Don’t care, just dps the boss. Not the people who stand in fire and “Hey let’s use the auto attack until everyone dies!”, they can just die.

I mean it is true

As long as the attack doesn't kill or CC you in any form (Silence, stun etc), then Face tanking is optimal. Healers don't bring much DPS and in skilled parties, healers can pretty much AFK 95% of the fight, only attacking to debuff the boss and give mana since everyone is dodging.

However, you do need to actually know wtf you're doing and the healer needs/would like to know in advance if you're going to face tank mechanics (Like Double spins in RMN/RMH with Damage reduction skills like Warrior's Torrent of Blows/Sorc's Nova etc)
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    > @ Vinyltails

I mean it is true

As long as the attack doesn't kill or CC you in any form (Silence, stun etc), then Face tanking is optimal. Healers don't bring much DPS and in skilled parties, healers can pretty much AFK 95% of the fight, only attacking to debuff the boss and give mana since everyone is dodging.

However, you do need to actually know wtf you're doing and the healer needs/would like to know in advance if you're going to face tank mechanics (Like Double spins in RMN/RMH with Damage reduction skills like Warrior's Torrent of Blows/Sorc's Nova etc)

I actually main both heal classes, and typically if a large attack is coming, I will pre-cast a heal and wait for the attack to send it out, that way I'm not sitting there with a 1 second CD while everyone is scrambling around to find their pots.
  • Ring of corruption is your best friend in such dungeons sometimes....While iframe is on CD this is my bread and butter lol.
    But yes I agree facetanking is optimal but not in cases where people don’t know the difference between a one shot and a tick. Just let em die then ha ha.
  • TRWWKDN739TRWWKDN739 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Problem I have with corruption ring is that sometimes when I press the button to cast it, sometimes it simply does not cast. Not sure why, but it has caused me a few wipes in LKHM.

Also that spell says its cast time is instant... but it is really not at all instant. Not even close...
  • Corruption ring is a hold down.
  • RGW467JMHJ wrote: »
    You forgot to add that:
    - (I think this one might be unnecesary unless you're inexperienced)

Ok that’s about it.

Thank you.

If i got a dollar every time I've seen people stand in the circular AOE DPS skills of BAMs
    Or every time I tell the DPS to move to the back of the enemy so I dont have to make sure I'm right in front of them every time the BAM attacks.
  • KY36MW5HCDKY36MW5HCD ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Other hints
    1) buy best etching green and apply to weapon/armor
    2) buy best crystals and apply to weapon/armor/jewelry
    3) buy and always use COMPLETE CRYSTALBIND before dungeon activities
  • FinalFantasy7FinalFantasy7 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    KY36MW5HCD wrote: »
    Other hints
    1) buy best etching green and apply to weapon/armor
    2) buy best crystals and apply to weapon/armor/jewelry
    3) buy and always use COMPLETE CRYSTALBIND before dungeon activities

Don't forget the 2 items that allows you to resurrect at the spot of your death.
    Goddess' Blessing and another one ( forgot the name )

Both items have 1 hour cooldown so it's best to have only 1 of each in your inventory.