Low level Vanguards spammed by players in Stormcry

Why is this allowed? Turbo has been a total nightmare f(the entire month) for low item level players, because the players in stormcry keep spamming the brutal basilisks. Why are they still allowed the lowest Vanguard quests in the highest of gear? They are so greedy that they can't even leave a couple of basilisks for others to work on. Over and over, I see them in stormcry +7 and higher spamming low tier BAMs. If they want to spam low level BAMs, they should be made to wear lower level gear. The current system just allows constant spamming of quests that they've already gone way above.

In addition, they are killing the lower level BAMs so fast, that they simply waltz into an area being farmed by a lower level player and take over the entire area. This has happened to me every time I've tried to farm BAMs during turbo time.

Vanguards need an ilvl max. They do, because seeing every channel being spammed by players in stormcry gear is just sad. Plus, it's just not fair to lower ilvl players and new players that don't have access to the higher BAM Vanguard quests. If they are so desperate for gold talents, start adding talents to the higher level Vanguards. This current system is just ridiculous!

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    there are three types of bams that you can kill to complete that tier of vgs

but just for the sake of argument, i could buy a full set of guardian gear and keep my +9 sc weapon on to keep a low ilvl while still being able to kill efficiently
  • With the current inflation of gold talents, spamming low tier IOD is really the only time efficient way to farm them. Probably wouldn't be a big issue if they actually made high tier quests give a proportionate amount of gold talents.
  • Gold talents sell for 70g on MT right now, it takes around 20 minutes during turbo time to complete 15 VG's, which turns into 210 golden talents, and thus 14,700 gold.

It's insanely good money and it's the result of IoD being absurdly high profit efficiency compared to basically anything else in the game.
    Mid-tier BAM's aren't as quick as low-tier BAM's, and even in total the rewards from them are of significantly less value unless you're actually new and getting your glyphs/etchings.
    High-tier BAM's can't be spammed and even if they could they're much slower, way more annoying, and they're of even less value.

Of course there's dungeon content but there's no dungeon in the game that makes as much gold per minute as doing low-tier BAM's short of doing crap like selling the loot chests in RK.

It's entirely because Tera's loot system is completely out of whack. If you run nothing but RRHM you might get tonnes of essences and artisan toolkits, but you wont make anywhere near enough golden talents to upgrade your gear. Hence why so many people abuse low-tier BAM's during turbo time, because there's nothing else that makes over 200 golden talents in such a short period of time.

Even if you ban players above a certain ilvl from doing low-tier BAM's you'll just see +9 SC players with no boots or shirt on 1-shotting BAM's. If you really want the problem to go away, tell the devs that low-tier IoD shouldn't reward the most golden talents for time spent in the entire damn game.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Christin, my poor friend. There are 8 entire channels of iod for you to use. :) I promise that although at certain times of day it is slightly possible that there will be no completely uninhabited channels, for the vast majority of the time, even on turbo, you will find a channel to have either completely to yourself or only share with one or two other people, who, if +9 sc, should be done within the next 15-20 mins or less. :) Happy farming.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    I guess that the logic behind the amount of gold talents from low tier BAMs (each enchantment chest rewards 7 talents) is that completely new players could easily farm talents to enchant their guardian set and move onto the next gear set since, asuming you had only one character to farm, it would take you only 2 or 3 days to hoard enough GT to get your twistshard set. The problem is, as others pointed out, the rest of the content isn't very rewarding. Right now, only the low tier BAMs are worth the time since they provide a good amount of an item players will constantly need AND has no other reliable source (except for the VG boxes, which can also be farmed through BAMs). Enchantment crates from mid and high tier BAMs give you 3 tokens and lot of random materials which have other sources, with a chance to get a few more GT. And the tokens? it you already have etchings and glyphs you have nothing good to buy there, dragon scales and etching materials are frankly overpriced in the token store. Dungeons are out of the question, maybe with the gem drops you can get enough gold to buy the same amount or more GT, but it'll take you far longer.
  • RenniBee wrote: »
    Christin, my poor friend. There are 8 entire channels of iod for you to use. :) I promise that although at certain times of day it is slightly possible that there will be no completely uninhabited channels, for the vast majority of the time, even on turbo, you will find a channel to have either completely to yourself or only share with one or two other people, who, if +9 sc, should be done within the next 15-20 mins or less. :) Happy farming.

You won't find a channel to yourself until the dead hours of Tera. Which he/she may not even be on because of timezones.
    8 Channels isn't enough for this sort of thing. Lets do the math
    8 channels, 3 sets of low tier bams. if everyone is soloing on those channels, thats only enough for 24 players at a given time.
    Seeing as Tera has a lot of players, when one person goes another is immediately there to fill the spot. Let's not forget about alts that the players switched to.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    Wow. What server do you play on? That has 24 different players farming iod all day with a new person there to immediately fill the spot... and apparently constant stream of people who are jerks enough to engage a bam you are already fighting and continue to do so (which in my experience is incredibly rare, usually if that happens the person stops fighting it or, after killing that one bam moves away from you)? I play on CH. Might be time to server switch my friends. I've been on the good iod farm to get my Tier 7 rewards for a couple months now farming on 1-5 characters a day at varying different times and have never had an overpopulation problem, if there are too many people on channel 1, I move to like channel 5 and I'm there by myself for hours with the occasional one person that pops in for like 15 minutes.
    Also, it seems some of you might be struggling with PVE. :) What's your class? I know almost all of them except Ninja and could dm you some tips to help decrease the time it seems to take you. Aside from my main I farm iod with a handful of base frost chars, and a low twistshard char with zero problems killing the bams within seconds.
  • EnviroBearEnviroBear ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It is about who can kill a low tier BAM faster. I can one shot those BAMs with my SC geared characters therefore I usually get the kill credit despite others contesting. Survival of the fittest.

New players could use a lesson in switching channels to find BAMs for themselves. Low geared players are not entitled to have those basilisks. Asking for safe (BAM farming) space here in the forum won't help much I'm afraid.

And yes, I need golden talents just as everyone else does. And what's wrong with me spending some time to farm them in the ways I deem efficient?
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    everyone has the right to farm whatever they want, regardless of what gear they are in. basilisk killing is a great way to get mats for golden plates thst you start to burn through heavily.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    PY6WD44XER wrote: »
    It is about who can kill a low tier BAM faster. I can one shot those BAMs with my SC geared characters therefore I usually get the kill credit despite others contesting. Survival of the fittest.

New players could use a lesson in switching channels to find BAMs for themselves. Low geared players are not entitled to have those basilisks. Asking for safe (BAM farming) space here in the forum won't help much I'm afraid.

And yes, I need golden talents just as everyone else does. And what's wrong with me spending some time to farm them in the ways I deem efficient?

Your post is exactly why there needs to be a max ilvl on Vanguards. It's that attitude that you can just crap on everyone and anyone, because you're better than them. And EME wonders why new players won't stick around. Golly, I wonder.

Since y'all need golden talents so much, they need to add more to the loot for higher level BAMs. It's really not that tough to grasp. The rewards for higher level BAMs are ridiculous compared to the lower level. Even during the event, there is a whopping 90 gold difference. Then, you only get like 3 golden talents in each crate. It's just stupid to require so much to enchant this new gear all while reducing the rewards for higher level players. If you want to give higher level players better mats, then make those sellable.

If it was as easy as going to another channel, I would have. The problem is that this month there are few empty channels. My point is that the game needs to be adjusted so that lower item level players aren't treated like garbage for just trying to take advantage of BAMs our own level. It's basically giving new players and low ilvl players a big middle finger, which I got for pretty much every time I've tried to farm BAMs.

Plus, if you're going to let high ilvl people spam talents that badly, at least make it somewhat challenging for them. Aren't they usually the ones always complaining that the game is "too easy"?
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »

Your post is exactly why there needs to be a max ilvl on Vanguards. It's that attitude that you can just crap on everyone and anyone, because you're better than them. And EME wonders why new players won't stick around. Golly, I wonder.

P8iTAxm.jpg

Yeah Max ilvl for vanguards will totally solve the issue. ;)
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because low tier iod is the most profitable and fastest way of earning golden talents.
    I've been hammering on about this for the past few months but eme doesn't give a flying [filtered].
    BHS wants +9 sc players to do the easiest content so good luck fam :)
  • This issue could be easily solved simply by having more BAM's spawned. Currently there is 6 or 7 of each BAM type and a whole load of empty space between them. This is fine when there's no double VG's or turbo buff and thus only a handful of people doing them. Many more can be fitted into the available space without having them so close as to risk constant double pulls. I usually do Orisks, and if I get keen motes, even in a Twist geared character they are melted in one combo and with a circuit of 5 often I am waiting on respawns. Perhaps they could also respawn a little faster too, that way multiple players can farm a channel without impeding each other.
  • Isue can be solved if can kill this bams in party and don`t must kill 1 boss for each player in party and if they add more channels.
  • Pls stop trying to own a spot for farming.
    No one can really 'take over' a place. They only need kill 10 bam at per vg quest, and those bam are not close enough for anyone to aggro all 10 at the same time. Learn to share, will ya...
    :anguished: