[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Low level Vanguards spammed by players in Stormcry

124»

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    The worst part is that some of them, are bots.
    Usually when u arrive to a basilisk, IF there is ppl hiting it, then, you go to another.
    This guys come fliying, hit it anyways (And 1shoot em) even if it count it to me and not for him. And fly again.
    That seems a lot like a macro.

the bams have like 11m hp. it's so easy to one shot lol nobody bots in tera other than gold sellers
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ this concept.

You don't own the island of dawn. Kill faster or move to another channel.

Of course basilisks are always full, its the closest one to the teleport and people are lazy. I'm on the highest pop server and I can kill orisks or ovolith 24/7 at any time of day. Just find a channel. There's always one open.

Sounds unbelievable but during the last uhft ch was full on all 3 low tier bams and all damn channels
    I actually had to surf through channes 2x times to find an empty spot

Either way none of this would have been a problem if we golden talents dropped from more sources :)
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Sounds unbelievable but during the last uhft ch was full on all 3 low tier bams and all damn channels

Either way none of this would have been a problem if we golden talents dropped from more sources :)

That is an entirely separate issue. If things aren't worth the time investment for the payoff, people won't do them. No one cares about Celestial Arena or Ace dungeon do they?

Competition in MMO's is not a new thing. World bosses anyone? On FFXI there were special monsters that only spawned every 3, 6, 9, 12, 24, 72 hours and some times longer. It's not a new thing and it's ludicrous to expect other people not to be able to farm just because OP is having an issue.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

That is an entirely separate issue. If things aren't worth the time investment for the payoff, people won't do them. No one cares about Celestial Arena or Ace dungeon do they?

Competition in MMO's is not a new thing. World bosses anyone? On FFXI there were special monsters that only spawned every 3, 6, 9, 12, 24, 72 hours and some times longer. It's not a new thing and it's ludicrous to expect other people not to be able to farm just because OP is having an issue.

Nah I feel you, back during that ain't right days people were having the same problem but it was mostly about the survival of the fittest, or in case of pve servers where you can't fight back, survival of the most persistent ones lmao
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would do the high level bams if the rewards didn't suck and limited to one of each 3 bam quests
  • @MarcusCrassus
    Here is a video of my friend doing bams, is this a macro???? I don't think so lol

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Just like today. Every channel is full of max leveled players spamming brutal basilisks.
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    Honestly I would do the high level bams if the rewards didn't suck and limited to one of each 3 bam quests

Yeah, it's like they are forcing people to knock lower ilevel players to the curb. I suppose they expect higher geared players to be using up their dungeon vanguards, but the rewards for those don't look so good either.

No, I have no interest in leveling up my gear, so I can spam low level bams fast to. There are enough people doing that already IMO.

At least the price of talents is dropping. I suppose that is the bonus. You know, watching the players in maxed gear fight over having the lowest broker prices. Like watching some little ant village at work. LOL

I suppose this is a BHS issue though? Not sure who sets up the rewards.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    The basilisks aren't the only BAMs you can farm. So that's that, right.

I will however address something said which I don`t agree with at all. You said: "at least make it somewhat challenging for them". That was you referencing that you want those BAMs to become "equalized" per gear (not just per tier), meaning making them harder to kill for people that have Stormcry. I guess that according to you're logic people with Frostmetal are in the "safe zone" huh. This is ridicules lol

You talk about people being selfish and hogging channels, yet you're suggesting that OP people should suffer longer grinds. That is hypocrisy. Entitlement. Speaking of which, hey wouldn't it be funny if you get Stormcry, and you end up doing what everyone else is doing? what are the odds of that I wonder..
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    May I suggest adding gold and silver talents to the dawnfall and dawnstorm token shops? And not, like, one talent for 200 tokens, that would accomplish nothing. But if they're cheap enough or plentiful enough, it would a)make it worth it to farm higher tier BAMs, and b)keep the tokens relevant after you've gotten all your glyphs and etchings. Say, 3 dawnfall tokens per talent (this would let you buy 4 gold talents per vanguard for a total of 7 - equal to what you get for low tier BAMs) and 1 dawnstorm token per talent since we can only do those once per day anyway. This would also help mitigate the silver talent problem without going too far in the other direction by making them overabundant like the strongbox events do.