[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Can't claim calendar rewards

13»

Comments

• CornishRex wrote: »
    The workaround to this bug is still that you have to log in between 1am and 5pm PDT. If you do that, you'll be able to claim the current day's reward (and probably the ones you couldn't claim from past days, provided you claim the current day's reward first).

I really hope BHS actually implements a fix for this soon...

is this bhs related or is it related to the rally tamperings we did over here in na to make it pop later?

As far as I know, it's related to the previous problems we were having with the calendar (everything being completely off by a day) and an attempt to fix it. The fix did solve part of the problem, but came with this consequence.

That said, it is the very same problem that prevents rally from being after 5pm PDT. It has to do with the servers being in UTC time, and BHS trying to make some weird adjustments for EME's office being in Pacific Time.
  • KackyKacky ✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    As long as I go out of my way to make sure I log on before 5pm PDT

See, this is what I find disturbing; players having to do things they don't have to, or shouldn't have to, in order to properly claim a calendar item. So this means on May 31, the day that contains an Anniversary Token, some players will have to go out of their way to claim the token before 5 p.m. PDT AND use it before May ends.

I find it even more disturbing that EME knows this and shows no plans to provide a grace period for the tokens and the shop. I guess this is on their "low priority" list. It's probably a very long list.
  • edited May 2018
    Kacky wrote: »
    I find it even more disturbing that EME knows this and shows no plans to provide a grace period for the tokens and the shop. I guess this is on their "low priority" list. It's probably a very long list.

I will ask, but honestly, I don't think it's likely at all that the tokens will disappear immediately after May 31. As far as I've seen, removing items requires maintenance, so probably wouldn't happen until at least the following week. That would also be aligned with other similar tokens recently, including the recent journals (they just announced a discard period that'll be followed by a destroy date a bit later).
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I will ask, but honestly, I don't think it's likely at all that the tokens will disappear immediately after May 31. As far as I've seen, removing items requires maintenance, so probably wouldn't happen until at least the following week.

Complementing this.

Each event we had with token shops EME first remove the drops and wait at least one week to remove tokens from the game.

This has been something common in the last year up to the last event with token shop.
  • KackyKacky ✭✭
    Well, I'm going by a description in the Anniversary Token that says, "This shop will shut down after the month of May..." That description is just too broad to interpret. I wish they put an actual date, like June ??. Or would EME actually remove the shop during the May 31 maintenance? There's a post from SingleBear that says the letters will be removed on that day. Could it be possible that the shop will also be removed during the May 31 maintenance?

That would really suck if people cannot login before the maintenance begins, then the shop gets removed during maintenance, then when people login after the maintenance to claim the May 31 item, which is an Anniversary Token...

See what I'm getting at?
  • edited May 2018
    Well, I'm going by a description in the Anniversary Token that says, "This shop will shut down after the month of May..." That description is just too broad to interpret. I wish they put an actual date, like June ??. Or would EME actually remove the shop during the May 31 maintenance? There's a post from SingleBear that says the letters will be removed on that day. Could it be possible that the shop will also be removed during the May 31 maintenance?

That would really suck if people cannot login before the maintenance begins, then the shop gets removed during maintenance, then when people login after the maintenance to claim the May 31 item, which is an Anniversary Token...

See what I'm getting at?

There are still anniversary events that are happening on the 31st, so they won't remove it that morning. The point of the tooltip is really just to say "don't store these in your bank and think they'll be useful years from now."
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    this being unable to claim the calendar rewards is becoming a joke just coz I couldn't play with in the few hours allotted now to have it register that I have played that day , even tho I did play on these days . im still unentitled to receive my log in rewards
  • Being from EU, I can get calendar working, if I login after daily reset, but ...

Tera PC is really on backburner, we see more and more problems, but nothing is being fixed :(
    We can't even get a simple server status page back, after all those months.

Store is working well tho :/
  • CorummCorumm ✭✭
    Any word on a fix for this yet? I just missed out on anniversary tokens because I could only log in at 10pm pacific
  • CorummCorumm ✭✭
    Can we see some kind of reply?
  • a year later and still not fixed! wtf?
  • 93HT3J6ME4 wrote: »
    a year later and still not fixed! wtf?

Although I have to lock this bumped thread... you're right. It's still not fixed, and the cause is still 100% the same. :(
This discussion has been closed.