XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• pretty sure this is a troll post, really difficult to imagine EME doing this.
    You have to look at it using pro's and con's

Pro's;
    * possible brief reduction in cheating until someone figures out how to get around it, which would not take very long.

Con's;
    * catastrophic loss of client base.
    * massive reduction in profits.
    * bankruptcy.

But it depends on what EME choose to get heavy handed with (assuming this is even remotely true) if they just want to ban the hackers and cheaters, then I say bring on the spyware. If they want to ban people for DPS meter and harmless graphical mods, then that's the end of the game, EME will be bankrupt in a month.
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Once again, everyone is outraged whilst knowing next to nothing of the situation. It's clear none of you know what XIGNCODE3 is, what it does, or even whether or not En Masse has decided to implement it to help protect TERA. Not that I can say I'm surprised at this behavior. XIGNCODE is designed to look through running processes and any files accessed while running the protected game in order to find any unauthorized scripts or modifications. If you're not trying to cheat, you have nothing to worry about. XIGNCODE isn't designed to collect and share your personal information, certainly not to any greater extent than all of you do already, and I can assure all of you that none of you are important enough to be at risk from this even if there were sinister intentions. Your biggest worry is whatever system resources it would use. If your computer is even halfway decent, this shouldn't be a problem.

In the future, I'd recommend doing a little independent thinking and research instead of just regurgitating someone else's uninformed babbling. It does wonders for the soul.

I did some research.

1 - Xigncode can get information and leaks here not rare you know

2 - Not going really, but after reading how it goes on other games and stuff and even ktera doesnt prevent so much

3 - Its not about "good" or "bad" either, its about "how many players will leave tera?"

4 - Im kinda worried about cpu usage tbh
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    So i think that is enough, first we need eme clarification.
  • Yea, we need some clarification. Just because I have your game installed on my machine doesn't give you the right to install just any 'ol software you feel like along with it. Also, even though my PC isn't a potato, Tera already runs pretty crappy so something that makes it run worse will push it beyond what is acceptable to me.
  • Well I'm sure the majority of our player base doesn't want Xigncode on their pc. Inb4 mass uninstalling over the next 2 days before patch. Rip Tera :pensive:
  • zno wrote: »
    Well I'm sure the majority of our player base doesn't want Xigncode on their pc. Inb4 mass uninstalling over the next 2 days before patch. Rip Tera :pensive:

Won't be uninstalling the game, but I won't fire up the launcher after Thursday before receiving clarification.
  • MiliceMilice ✭✭
    zno wrote: »
    Well I'm sure the majority of our player base doesn't want Xigncode on their pc. Inb4 mass uninstalling over the next 2 days before patch. Rip Tera :pensive:

I'm sure that this might actually happen if they implement it.
    The saddest part is that it's probably gonna be mostly the ethical players for the sole reason that ninja-ing a rootkit onto your PC is *NOT OKAY*.

However i'm sure the majority will accept it (not like but accept it) if they actually clear this up and tell people beforehand.

On another note, i'm pretty sure Enmasse's A.V.A had/have Xigncode so this is a possibility.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milice wrote: »

The saddest part is that it's probably gonna be mostly the ethical players for the sole reason that ninja-ing a rootkit onto your PC is *NOT OKAY*.

However i'm sure the majority will accept it (not like but accept it) if they actually clear this up and tell people beforehand.

On another note, i'm pretty sure Enmasse's A.V.A had/have Xigncode so this is a possibility.

Not only AVA, also Kritika and Closers have it.
  • MiliceMilice ✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Milice wrote: »

Not only AVA, also Kritika and Closers have it.

Damn, guess this is the end of NA TERA, rip in pieces my old friend.
  • BerogiBerogi ✭✭
    I am not well informed about the situation, but is there any chance and/or point to use XIGNCODE to detect irl money trader bots? I'm pretty sure they've always been in Velika area chat, but I have started to see a sudden increase to the amount of spam I see, at least in CH.

I used to play Closers and I did see XIGNCODE be used, but no irl money traders to be seen, at least in the low level areas.

Again, I don't know much about XIGNCODE (Thanks to Equitas for clarifying a bit on how it works).
  • I remain on the fence because unlike most I have yet to hear from any reliable sources speaking about what exactly Xingcode does and how it works. It's just a bunch of people with no credentials speaking about what they think they know. I am ignorant of what Xingcode is, and I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm not going to be lured into a sense of outrage just yet until I have read more on what xigncode is.
  • I just discovered xhunter1.sys on my computer... frekken BDO
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    I just discovered xhunter1.sys on my computer... frekken BDO

Judging by the name it looks bad, bdo is really trying to die LOL
  • I remain on the fence because unlike most I have yet to hear from any reliable sources speaking about what exactly Xingcode does and how it works. It's just a bunch of people with no credentials speaking about what they think they know. I am ignorant of what Xingcode is, and I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm not going to be lured into a sense of outrage just yet until I have read more on what xigncode is.

Then you should be inherently skeptical. If a piece of software is not well known in how it operates or what data it collects/transmits, we should be very cautious. Legit software should be pretty transparent and well understood by industry and researchers. One of my concerns with Xingcode is: does it run with elevated privileges?
  • @Kinoshi it's a rootkit so yeah it does.
This discussion has been closed.