We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• I've played a lot of Korean games and a majority uses xigncode at this point. xigncode does scan your files but there isn't any known proof that it sends it some some central server to be stored or cheched(?)(This would be highly inefficient anyway). What it currently does is scan your files and compares it to it's own current library/blacklist, if it doesn't find anything it moves on. xigncode won't kill your SSD(this is almost as dumb when people claimed denuvo will kill your ssd). As far as I know from my testing in BDO and BNS xigncode doesn't run separately outside of the game. Make no mistake xigncode is not a good anti-cheat program.

This is how a lot of modern anti-cheats work like Battleye, VAC and Blizzard's anti-cheat these 3 just have better implementation and they sort of do a better job is actually stopping cheats while xigncode doesn't.

For the privacy concerns, Thinking you have any privacy online is pretty much a joke.
  • Kinoshi wrote: »
    Yea, we need some clarification. Just because I have your game installed on my machine doesn't give you the right to install just any 'ol software you feel like along with it. Also, even though my PC isn't a potato, Tera already runs pretty crappy so something that makes it run worse will push it beyond what is acceptable to me.

Huh... yeah... EME is in full rights to install anything... You even agreed to the EULA
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegateTR wrote: »
    How can we manually remove it from our computer after the patch puts it in?

Btw guys don't let this break out into an argument, eme would love nothing more than to shut this thread down and continue quietly installing spyware on our computers.

from my experience in black desert if you remove it you cant open black desert, so probably work like that with tera
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Kinoshi wrote: »
    Yea, we need some clarification. Just because I have your game installed on my machine doesn't give you the right to install just any 'ol software you feel like along with it. Also, even though my PC isn't a potato, Tera already runs pretty crappy so something that makes it run worse will push it beyond what is acceptable to me.

Huh... yeah... EME is in full rights to install anything... You even agreed to the EULA

Yes because rumours about something like this are great for them! I remember when sonic mania was released and Denuvo problems escalated a lot (yes it had problems).

• BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    Didnt this happen before? somewhere last year with a patch?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    XIGNCODE is an anti-cheat tool right? Then I think some of you should know that there is a site dedicated getting around such tools. I won't share it here, suffice it to say that a Google (or whatever engine you prefer) search will reveal it in short order.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    XIGNCODE is an anti-cheat tool right? Then someone should know that there is a site dedicated getting around such tools. I won't share it here, suffice it to say that a Google (or whatever engine you prefer) search will reveal it in short order.

Is not an anticheat. Its a Kernell spy. And it is fkin useless because every average cheater know how to avoid it. it just will increase the FSP drop, a lot. Because it uses a lot of Cpu
  • edited June 5
    Meh, just gonna avoid the whole thing. Not gonna risk my hardware for a dying game. I wont login or update my launcher unless it's confirmed that this software is not included and if it is included I will uninstall the game and never play again, despite the number of years I have been playing. GL EME with ur decision. Hope u like losing more players ur doing a good job of it so far.
  • KinoshiKinoshi ✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, thread name needs to be changed, as it's misleading. Anti-cheat games are not malware programs. Just because you don't like it (or whatever reason) doesn't mean you get to sit here, call it malware, and cause a panic about anti-cheats.

Of course not all anti-cheat software is malware. But to imply that because a piece of code is release from a "legitimate" company to cover themselves from cheaters is absolutely not malware (and should be accepted) is naive. For example, Sony's BMG copy protection is certainly considered to be malware by anyone with an ounce of grey matter. So is Xingcode malware? That's what we're trying to establish.
  • Please no hardware damage or cpu burning, the games launched in 2011 and with a 32gb's of ram, 8gb of vram and clock speed of 4.00boost on the cpu still gets insufficient memory in HW. If this add on harms performance further than it is, I doubt much people will want to continue, I get protecting the player economy etc, but if theres even less players to contribute then what? KTERA should have implemented in game security features rather than passing the buck to a 3rd party which will now be a part of the NA client.
  • RIP Tera. I'll miss you. <3
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Since it was closed

1 - Did you guys tested the cpu usage?

2 - It can check personal info like images, documents and passwords?

3 - Since it didnt prevented hacking on kr what is the point of using here?
  • Also, "You can't flag a moderator's post"

BM.
This discussion has been closed.