[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    DIONI wrote: »
    And theres no answer about cpu usage, now players that dont use anything and already play with fps drops will have more problems, meanwhile players that use every cheat will not be affected.

Again I will say, I have many games that use Xingcode and I don't have performance issues.

People are being over paranoid about this and if proxy is not affected at all then most players won't have issues with this, so this thread is no more productive than a discusion between old hags in the supermarket.

Ok you dont, but other people say they have this problem on other games. And im worried because im already trying to hit gray blobs on fwc and cs at 0 presets, so the next step is low dimishing?

So why dont you tell your specs, maybe it can help with some paranoid.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Its aaaalready bypassed so I think Eme just kind of pushed most of its playerbase towards 3rd party programs. Excellent job once again, have a :cookie:

Moron ! Don't mention it !
  • TechGuy wrote: »
    and as expected, something tells me that the first ppl to whine about this are the proxy users.. figures, you know, not having the proxy hack is not the end of the world, we used to clear content without script guides and stupid [filtered] like that soo... we will be fine, and if you dont like it.. well you can always go play something else, we wont miss you.

Maybe, but u dont play with 250+ms. Proxy helps a little with that.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    TechGuy wrote: »
    and as expected, something tells me that the first ppl to whine about this are the proxy users.. figures, you know, not having the proxy hack is not the end of the world, we used to clear content without script guides and stupid [filtered] like that soo... we will be fine, and if you dont like it.. well you can always go play something else, we wont miss you.

Maybe, but u dont play with 250+ms. Proxy helps a little with that.

Proxy literally does nothing to your effect your ping
  • @TechGuy Xigncode detects application signatures and does not affect programs running in vm/jvm so unless they decide to not allow javascript (which would break most of the internet) then proxy isn't even going to be affected.
  • Aaand uninstalled this worthless piece of software. Maybe if EnMasse would have given a damn about their broken servers and hadn't pushed many people to third party software they wouldn't have to pull of this **** but I guess they didn't think about that.
    This company has been going downhill ever since Tonka left. No communication with the community, just an avalanche of consumer unfriendly stuff and strange, alienating moves.
    I'm done.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not gonna agree nor disagree with the decision of using this anti cheat program.

To quit a game where i have friends and that i really like, over something so trivial like this, is just stupid to me.
    But i am not gonna argue about the fact that EME did not told us before hand about this, literally players know important stuff before is even posted by an EME mod, which is pretty embarrassing to say the least.

I see some people here that already quit the game, and yet they come back only to badmouth or critizice EME decisions. I said this in the past already, if you have nothing constructive to say, and just come here for the memes or spread negativity, then just dont, you quit already, so why do you still care?

Most of the ppl affected by this will be just Proxy users. The way i see it, Its not EME, but BHS who are shooting themselves.
    The game was never properly optimized, pleas for optimization were and still are constantly ignored over the years, No official statement from EME or BHS has ever been made regarding optimization. Players took the issue in their own hands, and created the proxy tool to allow players with potato machines or bad connection, to be able to enjoy the game like the others with good connection and good computers.

Unfortunately, the creation and distribution of this tool also gave birth to hacks for TERA that are still used up to this date, and it did not helped that Mr. B. made a cash profit out of this tool.

So in the end, is the fault of both parties. Had BHS optimized their game properly, players would had never resorted to the creation of the proxy tool that gave birth to hacks and exploits for the game.

The addition of this anti malware/cheat program will do absolutely nothing to solve the hack issue in TERA. Community modders already came with a bypass for it.

The only way to solve the current issue at hand, instead of pushing unknown programs into the players PC, is if EME actually act on their words, and strive for more transparency. For years we are waiting still on an answer from EME and BHS regarding the poor optimization of the game, but our voices always fell in deaf ears when the topic came. Just because it plays good on your computers at your office, doesnt mean it will play the same for the rest of the players computers. Just because it plays good on BHS computers, doesnt mean it will be the same for us.

All i ask, is from EME and BHS, to finally come up with an answer on the optimization question, and not just a half baked one like "we will work on it", so stuff like this do not happen, it shouldnt happen anyways if you are a company that is striving to please your playerbase. This did not did that.
  • edited June 2018
    I mean people can defend Xigncode all they want but the fact its actually ILLEGAL to put on EU Tera client tells you all something :+1:

It's not illegal to use that software in the EU. There are simply steps that would have to be taken to prove compliance with GDPR. I am assuming that EME and all other companies who currently use this software in the EU have done their due diligence for this (and if they haven't, well, they need to, but that doesn't mean it's illegal; it would only cause a problem if they don't take the needed steps to demonstrate compliance).

I'm not a fan of this software either, but I think it should be debated on its merits/demerits. (The fact that it's questionable whether this will actually do anything to prevent cheating while requiring this more-invasive scanning process that ties up CPU is already enough of a demerit.)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    And theres no answer about cpu usage, now players that dont use anything and already play with fps drops will have more problems, meanwhile players that use every cheat will not be affected.

Again I will say, I have many games that use Xingcode and I don't have performance issues.

People are being over paranoid about this and if proxy is not affected at all then most players won't have issues with this, so this thread is no more productive than a discusion between old hags in the supermarket.

Ok you dont, but other people say they have this problem on other games. And im worried because im already trying to hit gray blobs on fwc and cs at 0 presets, so the next step is low dimishing?

3 laptops and 1 alpha console with laptop hardware

1 Lenovo Y400, core i7 (3rd gen) 2.4 GHz, 6 GB RAM DDR3, NVidia GeForce GT655M 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Alpha console i7-4765T. core i7 2.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 850M 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Lenovo Y520, core i5 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Lenovo Y700, core i7 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM GDDR5

Even in the Y400 I can run TERA at 20 FPS in video settings presets 4
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with a program that will stop cheaters, but I'm not fine with a program that wants to take over my computer and/or record everything I do on said computer. Most of the programs like this that I have seen are very intrusive and do much more than try to find cheaters. They interfere with virus programs and push their own agenda.

https://wellbia.com/home/en/pages/about/

One of the most unprofessional websites I have ever seen.

Well, I think I will take this month off of the game. Lets let the white knights deal with the extra program. Once I see their praise at how wonderful the game works now that all of the cheaters are gone (doubt any will be though), I might return. Usually, this stuff is done in the name of getting rid of cheaters, but it's mostly to gain information on users that don't cheat at all.
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭

1 Lenovo Y400, core i7 1.7 GHz, 6 GB RAM DDR3, NVidia GeForce GT655M 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Alpha console i7-4765T. core i7 2.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 850M 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Lenovo Y520, core i5 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

1 Lenovo Y700, core i7 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM GDDR5

Probably will not affect since it consumes ram right? And that is not the problem i have.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

1 Lenovo Y400, core i7 1.7 GHz, 6 GB RAM DDR3, NVidia GeForce GT655M 2 GB VRAM GDDR5

Probably will not affect since it consumes ram right? And that is not the problem i have.

Not going to lie on this, some times TERA closes because it reaches almost 3 GB RAM usage, however Xingcode on other games doesnt use even 0.01% of my RAM and my SSD usage is always below 10%.

Windows it self with random process (before installig games that use Xingcode) can make you SSD reach the 100% also some antivirus so actually Xingcode is not the issue itself for those who may have excesive disc usage or memory leaks.
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭

Not going to lie on this, some times TERA closes because it reaches almost 3 GB RAM usage, however Xingcode on other games doesnt use even 0.01% of my RAM and my SSD usage is always below 10%.

Windows it self with random process (before installig games that use Xingcode) can make you SSD reach the 100% also some antivirus so actually Xingcode is not the issue itself for those who may have excesive disc usage or memory leaks.

Im on the excessive usage part lol

But tera itself doesnt use more than 30-40% of my ram, its just my graphic card that is outdated.
This discussion has been closed.