[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• Does this mean I can't use Shadow Play to record my game sessions anymore?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    T5EGCG7J5M wrote: »
    Does this mean I can't use Shadow Play to record my game sessions anymore?

Doubtful. If you're recording, that's not modifying the game's files and you shouldn't trigger the anti-cheat.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    T5EGCG7J5M wrote: »
    Does this mean I can't use Shadow Play to record my game sessions anymore?

this is actually a good question.. i know certain anti-cheats falsely flag overlays because they technically hook the game process. shadowplay does have an overlay but i don't think it hooks anything as far as i know, so it should be fine. Discord/mumble overlay? who knows.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Well the only thing that makes me worry about this, is the CPU usage, if its true then crap.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    Yes. let's jack up the CPU usage for a 10 year old game that is notoriously the worst cpu hog in all of mmos just so they can act and pretend like they gave it their best to prevent "hackers" and "cheaters" all the while making it impossible to play with edited ini files which have basically been the only thing making this garbage optimized game playable.
    Oh, and it doesnt and will not do anything against proxy. so yes lets just keep shooting the innocent.
  • RKC wrote: »
    Well the only thing that makes me worry about this, is the CPU usage, if its true then crap.

Same.... if that [filtered] is going lower my laptop performance this is a damn joke..
  • There are 200+ comments here, most of them are negative, around ~10k views, and we only got a link of the 'offical announcement of the xigncode' or whatever, but nothing more. No replies like 'we will review the issue' or anything. I remember when the Valkyrie came out and people didn't like the name, they could make a poll at least and they even renamed the class. So like why can't they do something similar again? I mean, considering the opinion of the community.
  • There are 200+ comments here, most of them are negative, around ~10k views, and we only got a link of the 'offical announcement of the xigncode' or whatever, but nothing more. No replies like 'we will review the issue' or anything. I remember when the Valkyrie came out and people didn't like the name, they could make a poll at least and they even renamed the class. So like why can't they do something similar again? I mean, considering the opinion of the community.

cuz they like to mEME?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 200+ comments here, most of them are negative, around ~10k views, and we only got a link of the 'offical announcement of the xigncode' or whatever, but nothing more. No replies like 'we will review the issue' or anything. I remember when the Valkyrie came out and people didn't like the name, they could make a poll at least and they even renamed the class. So like why can't they do something similar again? I mean, considering the opinion of the community.

Because Higher ups decisions.

About Valkyrie name to tell you the truth it was really ridiculous to even make a pool just because a minority was crying because the name Paragon.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I mean people can defend Xigncode all they want but the fact its actually ILLEGAL to put on EU Tera client tells you all something :+1:

It's not illegal to use that software in the EU. There are simply steps that would have to be taken to prove compliance with GDPR. I am assuming that EME and all other companies who currently use this software in the EU have done their due diligence for this (and if they haven't, well, they need to, but that doesn't mean it's illegal; it would only cause a problem if they don't take the needed steps to demonstrate compliance).

I'm not a fan of this software either, but I think it should be debated on its merits/demerits. (The fact that it's questionable whether this will actually do anything to prevent cheating while requiring this more-invasive scanning process that ties up CPU is already enough of a demerit.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/3bjfxt/xigncode_is_in_violation_of_several_eu_laws_on/

Just use google my friend, just use google, and stop digging yourself deeper in muck n shi*

There is not oficial info in that reddit thread about Xingcoude being illegal on EU and many games at EU use it. So?
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    Let's cut them some slack, they are hopefully having a crisis session on how to handle this mess. While most of the playerbase likely won't notice the change, this topic sure has gotten the attention of the long playing core people of the game. Even EME will know that if you let the core rot, it will spread.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »
    Let's cut them some slack, they are hopefully having a crisis session on how to handle this mess. While most of the playerbase likely won't notice the change, this topic sure has gotten the attention of the long playing core people of the game. Even EME will know that if you let the core rot, it will spread.
    That does not seem to be in line with what I know about EME. And people will definitely notice the performance drop, as running this is basically identical to telling your anti-virus software to run a full system scan while playing tera - fps [filtered] DIES
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    TomRipley wrote: »

Long playing core likely won't notice anything since its literally bypassed without even an effort and trust me when i say 95% of the long standing playerbase will bypass it with proxy without a second thought. Only players that will notice it are the "innocent" and new, who will notice a significant performance hit on top of the game's already garbage optimization. So really, it actually solves nothing but add more issues. Maybe it will kill the 2-3 goldselling bots in velika. But is that worth making ur entire playerbase go through this cancerous fiasco knowing full well how optimized this game is.

Another impeccable strategic decision by EME, if it was even their decision.
  • i'd rather not buy another SSD after what happened to my last 1 from playing BDO that had xigncode3 in it
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Because Higher ups decisions.
    It's fine, I know they are't the ones who make the final decision, but still, some reply like if they consider reviewing the issue or not would be cool. It would be nice to know whether they are actually trying or don't even care about this topic.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    About Valkyrie name to tell you the truth it was really ridiculous to even make a pool just because a minority was crying because the name Paragon.
    It doesn't matter whether it was ridiculous or not, they still considered that minority's opinion, which was nice imo. At least they were trying to satisfy their players.
This discussion has been closed.