Stop throwing small bones and fix what needs to be fixed

This is going in the wrong direction, instead of announcing something that actually makes the game more playable the only announcements that i see so far are p2w events (strongbox event) and dripfeeding old content. I thought that the devs priority is improving the user experience but when i see announcements like that i'm not so sure anymore. Announce that dead servers are merging, announce that the 2-3 disconnects players get during every single battleground are fixed, announce that random 15 second freezes are fixed, announces that some patches are skipped to catch up to PC content. Throwing a small bones like this from time to time only to make new players happy but ignoring the real issues is not right. Anyone with a minimum logic and gaming experience can guess the company's strategy here: milk an old product as much as possible with the least effort and investment. Console version is for players who never played tera and are still impressed and happy with the small bone you throw at them.
«1

Comments

  • Who cares about the gunner if the game is unplayable
  • So, what's the plan for Tera console ? gunner now, ninja in 2 months, valk 2 months later with some p2w events and returning dungeons in the process ? that's it ? because that's what we can see so far
  • > @EJPXFELP49 said:
    > Who cares about the gunner if the game is unplayable

    This is my sentiment exactly. Gunner is nice but fix your gotdamn game lol.
  • SerbaSerba ✭✭
    FadeWilson wrote: »
    > @EJPXFELP49 said:
    > Who cares about the gunner if the game is unplayable

    This is my sentiment exactly. Gunner is nice but fix your gotdamn game lol.

  • > @Serba said:
    > FadeWilson wrote: »
    >
    > > @EJPXFELP49 said:
    > > Who cares about the gunner if the game is unplayable
    >
    > This is my sentiment exactly. Gunner is nice but fix your gotdamn game lol.
  • Well the PC community has been quite clear in stating numerous times that nothing is going to get fixed based upon their years of playing Tera. Time to accept this old game is always going to be in the state its in now.
  • edited June 2018
    Ive made numerous posts about this exact issues, this issue is why i deleted and quit tera. I'm not going to waste my time on a game where the devteam for it never actually fixes any serious issues and wastes their time with stupid sh*t like event item bug fixes or how the way a river flows. What they have in the patch notes so far is verifiable proof that they basically havent fixed a single thing in terms of where the real issues lay, and unlike most people who fanboy or obsess when i say im not going to support a game because it rubbed me the wrong way then that is exactly what i do. Thus i added more sub time to my ffxiv account and played the new content they just released (i friggin love the new Tsukuyomi trial =D).
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    @PremieresFinale

    I went back to FF XIV myself because i know that TERA Console is not gonna get any more love than the PC version, which means it'll be kept in its current state on the Console.

    Microsoft/Sony really need to get more strict with the games they allow onto their platforms, really they do.

    They should start giving developers a time limit (I'd give them a freakin' month, but that's me) on when to get their games fixed to make them worthy of being on these platforms. If they can't then it's bye bye, automatic money refunds etc.
  • @DatGeek

    True, Sony shouldn't have allowed an unfinished product like Tera console to be in the PSN Store. It displays a very bad image for console gaming. To be honest, sony and microsoft were not the only ones to get fooled by enmasse here as we also took the bait.

    @PremieresFinale

    You can't imagine how disgusted and sick i get when i read the news section in Tera console's website. It seems like they are spitting in our face, only advertising mounts, cosmetics and p2w crap, completely ignoring our reports and feedback. What sickens me the most is those players who are actually exited by the "small bones" thrown at them. Just so you know, gunner was released in 2015 and it was released before the brawler. I also cannot stand the players who beg for more cosmetics when the game is unplayable.
  • EJPXFELP49 wrote: »
    @DatGeek

    True, Sony shouldn't have allowed an unfinished product like Tera console to be in the PSN Store. It displays a very bad image for console gaming. To be honest, sony and microsoft were not the only ones to get fooled by enmasse here as we also took the bait.

    @PremieresFinale

    You can't imagine how disgusted and sick i get when i read the news section in Tera console's website. It seems like they are spitting in our face, only advertising mounts, cosmetics and p2w crap, completely ignoring our reports and feedback. What sickens me the most is those players who are actually exited by the "small bones" thrown at them. Just so you know, gunner was released in 2015 and it was released before the brawler. I also cannot stand the players who beg for more cosmetics when the game is unplayable.

    I hate doing cancer posts but...
    I play about 12+ hours per day and crash around 15-20 times per day, however as much as i would like them to fix the crashing a memory leaks like they said they were going to a few patches ago, I also dont expect them to. Therefore, please can we get some new mounts and costume so i can look cute while playing this game.

    On another note: PLEASE FIX THE CONSTANT CRASHES WHILE CHANGING CHARACTERS. I have 5 65 characters and play them every day, sometimes I switch to one character to fill a dungeon role, then someone else leaves or changes their mind so I have to change to another class. I've done some math and concluded that changing characters is a 10% chance to crash when you arent doing anything, and a 90% chance to crash when you need to be quick.
  • I’m wondering besides character switching and Fcw where else you crash? Because I play every day and the only times I crash is when my interned goes [filtered]$ up (lines getting fixed in the area) so all my devices get disconnected. Other than that I think I crashed ONCE since I started playing (got 3 lvl 65s). I tend to switch characters rarely as I main only one and did only a few fwd games on console yet but those haven’t crashed... I’m surprised to see so many people reporting these issues and I’m thinking it might have something to do with the specific PS4 systems and their configuration. There could be issues with PS4 pro or either the newer/older editions and the firmware version along with your hard drive space. Mine is 2015 Destiny edition with only 500GB space and barely anything on it anymore. Would you be able to add yours to compare? I know game is screwed with bugs but it had always been this way so I’m just curious as to all possible causes that can make it worse on console.
  • edited June 2018
    Emerose1 wrote: »
    I’m wondering besides character switching and Fcw where else you crash? Because I play every day and the only times I crash is when my interned goes [filtered]$ up (lines getting fixed in the area) so all my devices get disconnected. Other than that I think I crashed ONCE since I started playing (got 3 lvl 65s). I tend to switch characters rarely as I main only one and did only a few fwd games on console yet but those haven’t crashed... I’m surprised to see so many people reporting these issues and I’m thinking it might have something to do with the specific PS4 systems and their configuration. There could be issues with PS4 pro or either the newer/older editions and the firmware version along with your hard drive space. Mine is 2015 Destiny edition with only 500GB space and barely anything on it anymore. Would you be able to add yours to compare? I know game is screwed with bugs but it had always been this way so I’m just curious as to all possible causes that can make it worse on console.

    Either way even if you say its always been this way and even if that's true it's still no excuse for the devteam to have such backwards priorities and/or sit on their butts and do nothing significant. It's not a crime to expect a game to run smoothly, its like everyone's standards have dropped or something. People should not be okay with a game having this many big problems and not being fixed at all or not in a prioritized manner. Companies like enmasse and bluehole need to start being held accountable for pulling this kind of stuff. We are the customers and we are supposed to critique and be upset when the company is not doing a fair job. The below poor quality i see in tera console now going on a couple months after release it's at the point where things should have been majorly fixed and bettered by now, but they are not. I think we all knew deep down that the release after the 2 betas was suspiciously way too quick and that is probably why nothing serious was done to better the game, because they wanted to rush it out in an unfinished trashy state so they could start pushing out loot boxes and store items. By SE's standards this would still be called a beta or even an alpha. It amazes me how they call this a released game. All i know is i wont be returning until serious changes are made which i doubt will happen, besides i don't even know if it's safe on my system to run a game that makes my ps4 sound like a rocket about to take off. That can't be good for the hardware components. No other games, mmos, even higher quality mmo's like ffxiv with more graphical quality and such still doesn't make my ps4 act like its failing to cool itself down, and even after all that tera would still fail to catch up with loading and things and the frame rate would tank in some places no matter what settings i had set.
  • I’m not trying to defend the game or anything lol, I just wanted to know what triggers the crashes for most people. It’s no more than curiosity and knowing what to avoid myself.
    And if the game is bad or unplayable then it’s up to the individuals to decide if they want to stick around or not as unfortunately we cannot make the devs fix their bugs. They either do or they don’t and no law or rule will make that happen (as much as I would wish there would be). I mainly stick around because of nostalgia and having something free to play until the release of other games. I don’t think Tera is going to stick around for long as you all can tell, but as you don’t need to pay a penny to play it then just what you can while you can and move on to other games after.
  • This has been the pattern recently of games being ported from pc to console. They milk the console base for money to spend on their pc versions and leave the console version in shambles. I may go back to ff14 but either way this will be the last time I try a pc port.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    TayDibiase wrote: »
    This has been the pattern recently of games being ported from pc to console. They milk the console base for money to spend on their pc versions and leave the console version in shambles. I may go back to ff14 but either way this will be the last time I try a pc port.

    Such is the case for TERA at the moment.

    They dumpt this unfinished port on us (ignoring all our feedback) and put all the money we spend on it into their next mmorpg. A:IR, STILL using Unreal Engine 3, which is a POS engine for an mmorpg, according to just about everyone in the industry.

    Most mmorpgs uses either in-house engines, Hero engine or Unity, but BHS still uses an 11 year old Engine even when making a new mmorpg..

    Hell, even NCSOFT are upgrading BnS to Unreal Engine 4 now because of the issues with Unreal Engine 3.

    I just went back to FFXIV myself, but on the PC. Done with WoW until Classic releases and FFXIV seem to be the most populated mmorpg out there right now.
Sign In or Register to comment.