[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Boss damage crystals

Ok so why does it seem like no one uses anything to increase boss damage when it feels like this game is almost all boss fights
Or better yet why put them in game if pounding works on everything

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Because Crit crystals like Savage/Bitter (Spiteful for range)/Focused are better and they don't know that Pounding workings on them
  • Well I still rock the boss damage one lol can't prove it's better just sounds right in my head
  • Hi the big difference is Pounding work on all kind of monsters. And the other are old versions specificly for each minions, normal and boss monsters. Like Hardy it is for all kind too.
    3A6G6DG637 wrote: »
    Well I still rock the boss damage one lol can't prove it's better just sounds right in my head

If you're using 4x Pounding (or whatever the boss name crystal is), it's the worst set up as it's additive and not a multiplier like Crit power

While you have like a 30% damage increase or whatever it is, you're critting for literally nothing as your crit power is abysmal (About 3.42 crit power with Pot).

With Savage/Focused/Bitter(Spiteful) + Pot, you'll have roughly 6-8 crit power depending on Enrage or not which is double the amount of crit power you had without. Since your Crit power multiplier is higher, it means your flat damage lines from your weapon (Like your enrage/Behind/Flat) are strengthened even further as Multiplying is far better than just adding
  • Dam I only use one but thanks I guess I'll trow on a ponding instead didn't know it was old and probly should be removed causes confuseon
  • FedexeroFedexero
    edited June 2018
    We didnt know your classes but me as a warrior i use Savage/Bitter/Focused and Pounding (party with healer) or Carving (solo) or... Slaying (arena and other scores). I repeat as a warrior and talking about pve.
  • > @3A6G6DG637 said:
    > Ok so why does it seem like no one uses anything to increase boss damage when it feels like this game is almost all boss fights
    > Or better yet why put them in game if pounding works on everything

Crystals that are against "monsters" work on all monsters including bosses. For some reason that is unknown to me that is the way the game is I think in a future patch things are different.

So change out those boss only crystals you're actually hurting your dps against regular mobs :)
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If you play with 4x pounding then you should quit the game and follow that by uninstalling.

No but seriously crit crystals have way way better dps
  • Never used four ponding just one damage crystals but yeah preist with four pending kinda always made me feel uneasy llike why but harsh bro
  • Fedexero wrote: »
    We didnt know your classes but me as a warrior i use Savage/Bitter/Focused and Pounding (party with healer) or Carving (solo) or... Slaying (arena and other scores). I repeat as a warrior and talking about pve.

How are you getting under 50% in arena for slaying to be viable? Just face tank hits for 5 seconds and then start hitting mobs?
    edited June 2018
    Suffics wrote: »
    Fedexero wrote: »

How are you getting under 50% in arena for slaying to be viable? Just face tank hits for 5 seconds and then start hitting mobs?

Smoke Flanker/agressor spam as Warrior...or spam combaitive...or just find a ledge to jump off and take fall damage (Easier when Flying mounts become easily accessible)
  • Arena heals you every round. The skills would work, not sure how fast as I don't play warrior, but a ledge is out of the question.