[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

1171820222344

Comments

  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    You cannot stop those botters and hackers they will just go around what you put and we have to suffer for it

    it's not even that hard to stop the people who are cheating, in fact eme has been emailed detailed instructions for doing so in the past. they're just not competent enough to implement it, and are going to a third party program that is not only ineffective but also harmful to users.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 pages of this, and still no EME answer. Im all for anti cheat stuff, but when the anti cheat doesnt work and is known to be more detrimental to your PC and your personal info safety, then that's what i worry.

    Really, if 20 pages cannot convince EME to act, then what else.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    20 pages of this, and still no EME answer. Im all for anti cheat stuff, but when the anti cheat doesnt work and is known to be more detrimental to your PC and your personal info safety, then that's what i worry.

    Really, if 20 pages cannot convince EME to act, then what else.

    Massive group suicides always convince.
  • lovely more crap to slow down my all ready slowed down to a crawl intel cpu, i been part of this game since beta. and was happy cause this game never had that crap in it. game just runs when i want. i swear to hell if it makes me pc freak out or has any kinda problem with any kinda app has nothing to do with game client it self so help me i will trash everything i own and quit this game for good. i had enough of mmo's etc putting this crap in and shielding crap and does not load or crashes or causes errors or false whatever cause of things. just cause it sees a program has nothing to do with anything what so ever. i remember older games would fail to load just cause i had a music player or web browser running watching vids or something at same time. if this is how going to be treated then i want no part of it. specially of this thing as dangerous as it is. people who cheat in a game like this are just complete moron's its easy as it ever be without such crap. so thanks for ruining this game even more then what it is. cause i dont support things that claims to help and be safe when i darn as hell know its not ive had my share of these anti cheats get caught up in things. blade and souls one do not even work my firewall blocks it but i still can get in the game just fine. i never do anything wrong never had never will so not like they ever notice. if i have to do same here so be it. or im uninstalling as i had enough of these nightmare's of pieces of trash using resources half us dont even have. and with tera maxing out everything most of us has. no way in heck i can run that and tera and my usual mutitasking. thanks alot and i thanks for the over 6 years if service. (go ahead and flame me all ya like cause i know you people will call me names and that im being immature and whatever else, bring it on i dont care and wont care with whatever you say. if been here as long as i have you would understand where i am coming from)
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 pages and eme is still not addressing our concerns :3
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Vasy86le wrote: »

    I love that thread, because the site they point us to (https://www.wellbia.com/home/en/) is absolutely terrible. I and a few other guildmates went there to check them out and we couldn't stop finding problems with it. Here are just a few issues the site has, and keep in mind as you read this that we're being asked to trust these people with our private information:

    1. The site is a mess if you look at the source pages for just about every section. On the main page there's so much hidden garbage dumped in there and then kept unseen for god knows what reason. For example, the main page has a ted talk video embedded in there but never actually shown for users to look at on their main site, god knows why. These people want us to believe that their program is functional, but their really simple website is the equivalent of a dumping ground for commented out old links, embedded videos, and other unnecessary trash that has no place on their site. This ted talk was about how to live longer, by the way. On a site about MMO security.
    2. On the About page, there's supposed to be a map showing where they're located but it doesn't even show up so there's just a massive gaping space between CONTACT and the actual contact information; that this was never repaired shows a complete disregard for quality control or testing. Anyone who checks the site on Firefox will see that it doesn't work. Their developers don't check their own work and that's worrisome.
    3. Also on their About page, commented out are links to some guy's twitter/github page, meaning they didn't want people to see it (which is why they made it so you couldn't see it on the main page) but they didn't just remove these useless elements from the code completely, showing either an inability to get rid of useless fluff, or a disregard for their own personal information, let alone the personal information of others. Both the twitter and the github pages are still active, and all you have to do is 'view source' and you can see some random dude's social media pages. This could just be the web designer giving himself some self-promotion but it looks terrible to me, a user concerned about personal privacy.
    4. Clicking the FAQ page from the English page sends you straight to the Korean version of the FAQ, showing once again that these people don't care about the end user experience and put out shoddy, rushed work on a website that's supposed to sell you on the quality of their product, so god knows what the actual product is like if they can't even copy and paste a damn link correctly.
    5. On their end users agreement page, under Limitations of Company Responsibility, Wellbia has this to say:
    Wellbia wrote:
    IGNCODE3 is a software provided for free to users. Users judge and determine to use services served by software developers and providers, and therefore the company does not have responsibility for results and damages which may have occurred from XIGNCODE3 installation and use.

    In other words, users decided whether or not to install XIGNCODE, and anything bad that happens to them because of it is the user's fault and not Wellbia's. This claim is absolutely ridiculous; users were given almost no notice about XIGNCODE becoming a thing in tera and probably wouldn't have gotten a notice at all if this thread hadn't been made in the first place. The actual announcement was a quiet forum post that was locked, because of course it was. The installation will be bundled in with Thursday's patch, and the only reason an announcement was made was because y'all got caught. The second half is equally troubling, because I've read about more than one case where people's SSDs experienced issues after playing games with XIGNCODE and now Wellbia's trying really hard to cover their butts before the service is even implemented, so it'll take more than a few white knights to convince me that it's all legit.

    Anyway, the site's a mess and betrays shoddy work, zero attention to detail, apathy towards the user's experience, a total disregard for privacy, and a complete and total lack of accountability. I am only bringing this up because in EME's news post they kept INSISTING I go there for more information, which is ironic since it told me all I needed to know about the company involved, just not in the way they might have hoped. The question lingers harder still: If these people show this level of callous disregard on something as basic as a company website, with some elements even betraying employee information on their own front page, why on earth should we trust them with our private information?
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    20 pages and eme is still not addressing our concerns :3

    They won't. They don't care what you think. They aren't going to remove it. Even if it is ridiculously easy to bypass, a quick google shows at least 3 ways to get around it entirely. There has never once been a time in the 6 years I've been playing where EME/BHS listened to what the players had to say. We asked them not to censor the Elins, they censored them and then sold us costumes that were vastly more revealing. We asked them no to remove Vanarch, gone. We asked them not to remove the original costume system that allowed us mix and match Armour pieces. Gone too. No one complained about camp fires and the stamina system but that's gone now too.

    Nexus, rather than improve it they nuked it. Nuked open world pvp mostly. We've asked for DPS meters, or at least a better means of telling how well we are doing to be put in game, fix the UI so it stops lagging people, optimize the game. Nope, nerf or nuke that too. Chop up the lore and quest line, funneled everyone in to end game towns where they get to play the waiting game to run the same rotation of dungeons endlessly.

    EME and BHS only do two things man. 1.) remove content. 2.) ask for more money.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »

    unneccessarily lengthy trashpost.

    It's cool, I don't bother reading the garbage you post either.

    Honestly, many of us have Equitas on ignore.

    Well, I will have to go seeing as I have too much personal information on my system and simply don't trust much of anything from Korea. Just because I may visit the forum doesn't mean I am playing. Tonight will be the first in a long time I haven't done legion on my alts. No, EME doesn't care, and you know, that's fine with me.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »

    unneccessarily lengthy trashpost.

    It's cool, I don't bother reading the garbage you post either.

    same t b h, pure cancer
  • Yeah, no. Not installing any patch that includes a hard drive scanner. I don't cheat and I don't have anything to hide, but I simply can't trust third parties to be responsible with that kind of power.

    We just went through the whole thing with Facebook violating privacy to the point that Europe changed laws completely, and kids were banned off of twitter - and we're being served a blatant invasion of privacy and questionably functioning anti-cheat software?

    Nope. No thanks. Let me know when you change your mind. Taking my time and money elsewhere.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    bravoart wrote: »
    Yeah, no. Not installing any patch that includes a hard drive scanner. I don't cheat and I don't have anything to hide, but I simply can't trust third parties to be responsible with that kind of power.

    We just went through the whole thing with Facebook violating privacy to the point that Europe changed laws completely, and kids were banned off of twitter - and we're being served a blatant invasion of privacy and questionably functioning anti-cheat software?

    Nope. No thanks. Let me know when you change your mind. Taking my time and money elsewhere.

    Just to clarify, it's not questionably functioning. There is no question that it does not function as an anti-cheat mechanism. There are already multiple workarounds and bypasses for the tera-specific version before the patch has even officially released. It has failed to prevent cheating in every game it's been deployed for, and the only people it inconveniences are legitimate users.
This discussion has been closed.