[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• how is it just paranoia?

this isn't a tin foil hat situation, a program is going to be scanning files on your computer and looking through active processes.
    there is no independent party making sure they don't do anything nefarious, no transparency or even a scope of intended access.

how is anyone OK with this?
    how is this even legal?

if you blindly trust a company like this then there is something seriously wrong with you.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    how is it just paranoia?

this isn't a tin foil hat situation, a program is going to be scanning files on your computer and looking through active processes.
    there is no independent party making sure they don't do anything nefarious, no transparency or even a scope of intended access.

how is anyone OK with this?
    how is this even legal?

if you blindly trust a company like this then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Do you use Windows?

Do you use Chrome?

Do you use Steam?

Those are only 3 examples of software that risk your personal info, banks do the same, cellphone services providers also.

Are you going to live excluded from modern society just because of that?

Good luck.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sadly Xingcode wont prevent that.
    And it looks like EME doesnt want to say the reasons to implement something that doesnt stop them at all.

Then what is the point of xingcode3 if it does not stop hackers and botters? Also, i am not even sure why gwangis at guardians have so many channels to help bots farm silently when very few players go there... At least let us PK the bots xD
  • how is it just paranoia?

It's like Facebook, people blindly trusted them... and in the last year we learned they sold off over 80 million peoples personal info to god only knows how many companies. Then mr. facebook zuckerberg trollface lies to congress, and just recently we learn facebook is continuing to leak personal information through apps without peoples permission. In my opinion, facebook should be shutdown and Zuckerberg should be serving a significant prison sentence.

And this is a U.S company (facebook), and they don't follow any rules or respect anyones personal privacy or data, just image how rogue a random Korean company could go with your data... and its even more intrusive than facebook... this thing scans your files on your pc... from there use your imagination on what they can or will do with all that.

Exactly well put... "blindly" trusting is not wise. As I said before, you basically need a burner pc with just TERA on it to run the game now, because it will be a compromised system after you have TERA installed after thursday. I don't have any spare video cards around to have a secondary pc for this, and even if i did, i would likely not use it as i would be still putting any pc's on my network at risk being connected to the same network.
  • Okay for those who are worried about how their data is being used. Look at this eula for Xigncode3. Make your own decisions based on that not what people over exaggerate in this topic.

The performance issues are still less clear however.
    edited June 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Sadly Xingcode wont prevent that.
    And it looks like EME doesnt want to say the reasons to implement something that doesnt stop them at all.

Then what is the point of xingcode3 if it does not stop hackers and botters? Also, i am not even sure why gwangis at guardians have so many channels to help bots farm silently when very few players go there... At least let us PK the bots xD

That's the issue, why to include something that wont help and why to leak info about it, that only made people that EME would want catch already prepare themselves before hand.

M8rK9hV.png

BTW, still waiting for those nefarious CPU and Disc usage from Xingcode after almots 3 hours. This is for those who claim that.

And yes, Xingcode is running in background.

2sFisMP.png

I closed Closers.

lbxft7o.png

I hope those 100kB/s disc usage and those ehm... less than 1% of CPU usage will hurt my hardware either because Xingcode is taking a lot of resources from my laptop xD
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    the blind whiteknighting will never stop. so just ignore the paid ad. literally 1 mongol trying to whiteknight against hundreds, its actually even entertaining to watch at this point.
    edited June 2018
    Khernz wrote: »
    the blind whiteknighting will never stop. so just ignore the paid ad. literally 1 mongol trying to whiteknight against hundreds, its actually even entertaining to watch at this point.

So far paranoid people hasnt show evidence about they claim.

So it can works the other way also, 1 person against hundreds of mongols.

Just to make it clear for those people that only spit info without backing up anything, if Xingcode would work as they said they there would not be a workaround it or a bypass at all.

Xingcode doesnt work as intended because it only works over a blacklist of process and that's why Proxy and many other apps can bypass that tool.

So before anything people that claims Xingcode looks at your personal info, bank accounts passwords and everything they have claimed up until now they should post proof about it.

So far they only goes for the bla bla bla and nothing relevant but just assumptions.

The performance issue is clearly not true and so far no one has shared proof of confidential data stolen and being delivered to korea.
  • DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Khernz wrote: »

So far paranoid people hasnt show evidence about they claim.

So it can works the other way also, 1 person against hundreds of mongols.

Just to make it clear for those people that only spit info without backing up anything, if Xingcode would work as they said they there would not be a workaround it or a bypass at all.

Xingcode doesnt work as intended because it only works over a blacklist of process and that's why Proxy and many other apps can bypass that tool.

So before anything people that claims Xingcode looks at your personal info, bank accounts passwords and everything they have claimed up until now they should post proof about it.

So far they only goes for the bla bla bla and nothing relevant but just assumptions.

The performance issue is clearly not true and so far no one has shared proof of confidential data stolen and being delivered to korea.

I'm not going to get into the performance issues. But you have a few things wrong.

Firstly Proxy is not blocked by Xigncode because it runs on javascript meaning that the code is run in an interpreter and Xigncode does not actually get to see the signiture of Proxy just that of the interpreter. Dps Meters actually are affected by Xigncode in other regions but are able to make their signature ambiguous by changing a variable and recompiling the program

Secondly data is being processed in Korea Wellbia says that it is in their EULA under "Data Collection"

(edited: javascript stuff was wrong. thx @MarcusCrassus for correction)
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Just to make it clear for those people that only spit info without backing up anything

DeusFurta wrote: »
    I'm not going to get into the performance issues. But you have a few things wrong.

Firstly Proxy is not blocked by Xigncode because it runs on javascript meaning that the code is run in a java virual machine and Xigncode does not actually get to see the signiture of Proxy just that of Javascript. Dps Meters actually are affected by Xigncode in other regions but are able to make their signature ambiguous by changing a variable and recompiling the program

Secondly data is being processed in Korea Wellbia says that it is in their EULA under "Data Collection"

lol
  • DeusFurta wrote: »

Firstly Proxy is not blocked by Xigncode because it runs on javascript meaning that the code is run in a java virual machine and Xigncode does not actually get to see the signiture of Proxy just that of Javascript. Dps Meters actually are affected by Xigncode in other regions but are able to make their signature ambiguous by changing a variable and recompiling the program

JavaScript dont use JVM :/ (That is for Java, and they re totally different things).
    But it is right, Javascript, NodeJS apps like proxys are not detected by this shi*.
    Oh and also... Once avoided, XC can do nothing with Cheat Engine neither... So, what is the idea of instaling something already useless?

edited June 2018
    DeusFurta wrote: »

I asure you most of your personal info was already sold by your cellphone services provider. If you doubt it then get a new cellphone number and don't share it with anyone, do not use an smart phone (yes, there are some still on the market) and you will see how you will sudenly days later or in some cases even the same day, you will receive calls from bussiness making you offers diferent from the one you got your new cellphone number.

If info would be that precious to people I wonder how you hasnt stopped them to leak your info around the world. It is really disgusting looking at how more important issues get overlooked and when it comes to this laughtable efforts from a game bussiness people become paranoid xD
  • I cant understand yankees :P
    Seriously, there is ppl in favor to install this shi* EVEN KNOWING THAT IS ALREADY FUC**D BY CHEATERS?
    So, it is basically USELESS.
  • DeusFurta wrote: »

JavaScript dont use JVM :/ (That is for Java, and they re totally different things).
    But it is right, Javascript, NodeJS apps like proxys are not detected by this shi*.
    Oh and also... Once avoided, XC can do nothing with Cheat Engine neither... So, what is the idea of instaling something already useless?

You're right gotta change that thx for clarification I'll change that
    nodejs uses an interpreter for js. From the standpoint of Xigncode does that mean that it fails for a similar reason though?
    Can you get the signature of a program running in V8?

Also doesn't CE have the whole dbvm thing for evading anti-cheat even without a bypass?
    It may actually flag the hypervisor instead tho idk.
    Probably a little off topic at this point lol.
    edited June 2018
    I cant understand yankees :P
    Seriously, there is ppl in favor to install this shi* EVEN KNOWING THAT IS ALREADY FUC**D BY CHEATERS?
    So, it is basically USELESS.

I think everyone agree about Xingcode won't serve the purpose its suposed to fullfill.

Here we are arguing about people overreacting and spiting lies about what does and what not that tool, and how much stress mean for hardware.

The hardware part is easy to show proof about how will not damage your hardware and if you worry if a potato pc will have performance issues, well, you already have performance issues so I doubt you will ever find how much performance you are losing because of Xingcode anyway.

I have seen windows 10 process burn 100% disc usage on SSD and 100% CPU usage also, without nothing else installed. I have seen how many people have to tweak it and also their webbrowsers because performance issues. And here I am only talking about 2 things that most people use.

Xingcode by far it doesnt show signs to use even 0.1% of the laptop resources that I was using today. Becuase some people says it still runs after you close the game.
This discussion has been closed.