XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• So, when we have this patch?
    Capture.jpg
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    @MistyTera the problem is because you got info from wellbia website and ppl dont feel they should trust that company.

But the real thing is: Why eme just dont say "hey we are not gonna look at your passwords"? They are making the situation REALLY worst than it should be.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Maybe i`m wrong about all of this. Who knows really. But hey worse case this game just dies and everyone moves on to another game. Maybe to something like BDO which also uses Xigncode lol

Or they are going to play Bless than also uses Xingcode... oh wait!
    DIONI wrote: »
    @MistyTera the problem is because you got info from wellbia website and ppl dont feel they should trust that company.

But the real thing is: Why eme just dont say "hey we are not gonna look at your passwords"? They are making the situation REALLY worst than it should be.

Agree to that.

EME being silent about this is not smart, this is not about a ban over using proxy but about adressing insecurities of people about how that tool works on our PC.

This issue is not about people worried because they are cheating, this issue is about people are worried they get info they don't want leaked.

People that already played games that use Xingcode knows it is not something some paranoid folks claim to be, but EME needs to make clarifications on their own social media for their player base, otherwise people just continue to be suspicios about what is happening (well, I think they will be regardless of what EME says).
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Maybe i`m wrong about all of this. Who knows really. But hey worse case this game just dies and everyone moves on to another game. Maybe to something like BDO which also uses Xigncode lol

To be fair Bless doesnt have hackers... or players
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    @Vasy86le whatever because they bypassed it
  • edited June 2018
    Infinitee wrote: »
    here is a statement by a former community manager of black desert online (a game where xigncode is commonplace) from 2017.
    There are other similar statements in the Blade and Soul FAQ and DFO news post and many others. All these companies that use XIGNCODE know they'd be in some serious deep [filtered] if these accusations were true, and that isn't how they want to ruin their companies.

But the problem with this conversation, like many conspiracies, is that people who believe the worst will just either say a) "well, of course they say that, that's what they want you to believe" (in other words, it's a cover-up), or b) "maybe they haven't done that yet, but they could" (in other words, it's a disaster waiting to happen), or c) "what other reason could they have to do this thing, except for unethically stealing all our personal data" (in other words, all companies are pure evil with soulless employees who hate us all). And you can't even really argue against those sorts of positions; if that's the way people want to live their lives, it's their choice -- if that's what they believe, they must uninstall the game now based on EME's decision.

In the end, most people in this thread don't want a reasoned fact-based discussion about pros and cons, because they think more anger and controversy is going to force EME to respond and maybe change their minds. Later on, if they decide to stick around anyway, they can just walk back whatever lies, half-truths, conspiracies, or fabrications they blindly espoused, saying they were based on "reasonable fear and uncertainty" and blame it all on EME's "lack of transparency" and "lack of notice." And hey, I would have liked more transparency and notice as well (in addition to not thinking this tool will solve anything at the moment), but I don't think a sliver of truth justifies a mountain of falsehoods.

Liverneck wrote: »
    It sickens me to see people say we can trust them. I don't even trust North American drm companies, absolutely not gonna trust a weird korean one which i have no ability to hold accountable if they cross me or damage my computer hardware.
    Honestly, TERA is a Korean game, programmed by Korean developers, and EME is funded by Korean venture capital. But EME is responsible and accountable for all their customers, so they are accountable if something illegal happens as a result of this software (and they will in turn hold Wellbia responsible). Getting on Wellbia's case for being Korean is just cultural bias.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭

mEME Emptied their Tera store, before emptying their community... coincidence? I don't think so ;)
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    i'd be surprise if on after patch day there is not bypass able to bypass this xigncode3 that's coming and that it actually does its job i will be so happy. That's if they did their homework and that is really solves the proxy problem. i'm waiting too see this.

This is a good one xD
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    @counterpoint it would be easier if everyone had an answer from eme.

Probably coming Soon TM
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    @counterpoint it would be easier if everyone had an answer from eme.

Probably coming Soon TM

tomorrow, after maintenance:
    mEME: AH! GOTCH'ALL it's a prank, no anti-cheat, just a malware. thx for installing. kkthxbye
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I love it when people think defending this with Korean gaming companies that use it somehow helps.
  • KinoshiKinoshi ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    MistyTera wrote: »
    I saw nothing of the sort, but the XIGNCODE only scans for hacking programs running and processes in Tera. That's it! It doesn't read your personal information.

What's flagged by XIGNCODE though? We're not even sure what legit programs are white-listed. Personally, while playing Tera I use: MSI Afterburner, SweetFX and Xpadder. All are legit but I have no idea if these will be flagged or not.
  • why eme does not answer the comments?
    why eme does not answer the comments?

Maybe because they were forced to make this decision by BHS and they don't even have enought info about how Xingcode will operate until they get the patch ready?
This discussion has been closed.