[PC] Maintenance is completed!

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Xerses wrote: »
    1 Like = 1 Dislike for Xigncode
    unknown.png

Rip negative criticism. I highly doubt the mods are going to take the time to sit here and go through 30+ pages of feedback on why it's wrong to do this. They don't like leaving their safe spaces too often so don't expect anything to change.

It was basically a petition thread, so it doesn't surprise me. Adding this isn't a popularity contest or a majority-rules vote anyway. Need constructive arguments about the real concerns to encourage meaningful debate and discussion.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    They removed the dislike feature after the Minea fiasco because they cannot take negative criticism.

harmonia, no minea, never see minea with downvote

and anyway in 6 h harmonia got -500, your post only got 29
  • edited June 2018
    You and I both know the mods are not going to go through this thread. They removed the dislike feature after the Harmonia fiasco because they cannot take negative criticism. This thread itself has more than enough constructive replies about why we don't want this and all we get is this?

Actually, the mods are looking at this thread, but that doesn't mean they can give a response (since whatever they say will be deemed an official response). I imagine any other official response will be coordinated. And the dislike feature was removed when they switched forum software, since this forum software doesn't even have a dislike feature.

In the end, there's no point in getting into a meta-argument about whether or how they will respond, just to keep posting constructive arguments that further the discussion.

But anyway, FWIW...
    My thread was meant as a way for people to show how much they dislike the recent idea by clicking a button instead of making the mods waste time and go through 30 pages text.
    ...that's basically exactly what a petition thread is. You just had people click a like button rather than make a reply that said "signed." And volume of likes isn't going to solve anything anyway.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was basically a petition thread, so it doesn't surprise me. Adding this isn't a popularity contest or a majority-rules vote anyway. Need constructive arguments about the real concerns to encourage meaningful debate and discussion.

Ok here are some constructive criticisms:

- It didn't stop [redacted] on KTera
    - It didn't stop meters on KTera

Right there shows it's not going to do anything.

Things we know from BDO/BNS/Kritka/Closers

- It won't let you change settings in the .ini files
    - It won't let you dual client (wtf!!)
    - It has problems with/won't let you use rebinders like XPadder
    - Classifies some security software as illegal programs (Like Bitdefender)
    - Does scans intrusively and constantly affecting performance

We already know all of this from other games. If we know it doesn't stop things like [redacted] and we know that it does stop innocuous things like remapping your keys are changing particle bloom in your .ini... then why implement it?

• DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Splitting this thread into multiple is probably not a good idea
    It's distracting and we don't have any way to express our disapproval except with massive forum threads it seems.

This is an all around [filtered] situation. Yeah there's a bypass but nothing about that fact will keep EME from releasing it. They can't confirm that it can be bypassed until someone shits on their game and proves to them that it did nothing. Unfortunately doing that means more exploits.

I really wish they would take a step back and see that yeah people want less exploits but they don't want a useless anti-cheat that again will do nothing to solve the problem. I would say perhaps they will add it then remove it when it doesn't work but that not how these kinds of things happen. If Xigncode is added tomorrow it will never be removed, as a matter of a fact Enmasse has probably already signed a contract with Wellbia so there probably nothing we can do about it anyways. So yeah great job asking your community if they want this, you probably would have just ninja'd it into the patch without telling us if it hadn't been leaked.

After the patch I'm going to compile a list of all of things that you can and cannot do with Xigncode. I look forward to posting that here.
  • edited June 2018
    @counterpoint Hmm, my attempt at creating a technical thread (and not intended as a petition) about this away from all the fluff in this thread has now been hidden. As a player council member, would you have any suggestions on how to create a more productive technical thread on the aspects of xigncode?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    EME can't do anything anyways. BHS controls everything they do, so it's not like they are going to change the patch.

If it scans files you've accessed since the last scan (which is total bs btw), so it will eventually scan your entire system in the name of "looking for hacks or exploits".

Going back to a game made in Sweden. At least I don't have to worry about them running amuck with my info. They have stricter laws than we do.

I don't like cheaters, and no, I don't understand why people need to run so many other programs while running Tera. However, there is simply no reason their program needs to scan loads of files and so on. It's total overkill. Does it even ban the player or just stop the players from accessing the game? Either way, it's been a hoot.

People just want to create other threads to somehow control the conversation. Without the OP, most of us would have had no clue and installed this bs. Get over yourself and post here if you want to add something.

Any time I've dealt directly with a company based in Korea, It's never ended well. From buying 3-D glasses to playing Korean games on US servers. All I've learned is that even the best and most respected companies over there hire employees that sell gold, use bots, send phishing emails to players, openly hack into player accounts (yes, I actually know these to be facts), and I'm just not willing to take a chance on a company that can't even be bothered to have a decent website. Employees over there can do whatever they want, because they know no one from the US is going to be able to do anything about it. I don't doubt even some of the gaming companies are in on it seeing as they don't even bother to do anything about the loads of gold guides that sit on eBay on a daily basis. It's not so bad being on a US server seeing as there isn't much money to be made hacking into a Tera account. However, now, they want some excuse to link my system directly to Korea? No thanks.
  • edited June 2018
    GKWXJGDXPL wrote: »
    Hmm, my attempt at creating a technical thread (and not intended as a petition) about this away from all the fluff in this thread has now been hidden. As a player council member, would you have any suggestions on how to create a more productive technical thread on the aspects of xigncode?

It looks like they decided they just want to have one single thread on this topic, which is not uncommon. (It may also be that they didn't like the "if you agree, like" aspect, for the same reason as before.) I think your post is still useful in this thread; for now I wouldn't try to create any more.
This discussion has been closed.