[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• ovrovr ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    ovr wrote: »
    Instead of adding to a broken game, they should move Tera into the future by updating the engine. BHS has the money.. idk why they aren't making a Tera 2.0.

Because they'd have to re-code everything from scratch. Everything. The battle mechs, the skills, everything, because importing from one old engine to a newer one, will likely break over half of the game. It's too cost-effective.

They could do it and be profitable.. the problem is that BHS doesn't care about the customer, all they care about is a quick buck and doing as little as possible to get it. Just look at all of their other games, including PubG.
  • Equitas wrote: »
    I think the utterly useles TERA Council would be a fantastic place to start.

Just want to be absolutely clear on this point. This information was not discovered as a result of leaks. It was discovered because EME posted the patch in advance to the live/public patch server, in a known location for anyone to find. That's probably their normal process for internal Q&A testing, but this time there was something they should have announced first. There are people in the community who, for their own reasons, want to inspect patch files before they arrive, and so were looking for the new build to drop -- only to discover this.
  • edited June 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    I think the utterly useles TERA Council would be a fantastic place to start.

Just want to be absolutely clear on this point. This information was not discovered as a result of leaks. It was discovered because EME posted the patch in advance to the live/public patch server, in a known location for anyone to find. That's probably their normal process for internal Q&A testing, but this time there was something they should have announced first. There are people in the community who, for their own reasons, want to inspect patch files before they arrive, and so were looking for the new build to drop -- only to discover this.

I'm glad you quoted this, because I didn't realize I had misspelled something. And I know it wasn't leaked as a result of the Council. I just don't see any point for the Council to continue to exist, because they're not useful. They haven't been, aren't, and will never be.

They're (we're) only as useful as EME wants them or lets them be. Recently, we've been allowed to provide more input, which has been considered, and thus been more useful in some areas. But it's up to them to take input and, then, take action. Nevertheless, your comment was in the context of the supposed leak, so antagonism for an unrelated reason is completely off-topic.
  • I personally don't like malware...basically why we do whatever we can to protect ourselves and computers right? And unfortunately this is not only malware but a rootkit...so, you can basically say goodbye to your computer. Nothing short of a factory reset will get rid of it. So because Butthole studios and EME felt the need to use a useless program to prevent some jerkoffs from cheating for an hour until they by pass it, I have made the heartbreaking decision to completely unintall Tera before the patch later this morning. I have really enjoyed this game, but i rather enjoy my privacy and a computer that actually works more. Good luck to all who decide to stay. I will miss playing with you all. I will remember Tera from years ago when it was actually fun to play.
  • edited June 2018
    STORM33 wrote: »
    Nothing short of a factory reset will get rid of it.
    You are completely welcome to your decision. However, just to be clear, it is not deeply embedded at all, because it is not hidden. It's one system driver in the Windows folder, and related references to the driver in the registry, and that's it. It only gets triggered when you start a game that uses it, and does not run on boot. The only reason it doesn't automatically uninstall when you uninstall the game proper is because it's not installed by the installer, but by the game itself, and if EME were to arbitrarily remove it, it could interfere with other installed games that share it.

Again, people should make their own decisions about whether they find it acceptable or not, but I think it's better with the full facts in front of you. You may certainly still decide it's unacceptable (and I'm sure some will).
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    You are completely welcome to your decision. However, just to be clear, it is not deeply embedded at all, because it is not hidden. It's one system driver in the Windows folder, and related references to the driver in the registry, and that's it. It only gets triggered when you start a game that uses it, and does not run on boot. The only reason it doesn't automatically uninstall when you uninstall the game proper is because it's not installed by the installer, but by the game itself, and if EME were to arbitrarily remove it, it could interfere with other installed games that share it.

Again, people should make their own decisions about whether they find it acceptable or not, but I think it's better with the full facts in front of you. You may certainly still decide it's unacceptable (and I'm sure some will).

EME should pay you. No, I mean really. You're working really hard for them seeing as none of them can be bothered to defend this. Yes, I get that you're not trying to defend this but rather educate. However, you've been on this all day doing what EME should be. They should give you a dragon mount or something for your time. Not being sarcastic either.
  • Equitas wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    EME should pay you. No, I mean really. You're working really hard for them seeing as none of them can be bothered to defend this. Yes, I get that you're not trying to defend this but rather educate. However, you've been on this all day doing what EME should be. They should give you a dragon mount or something for your time. Not being sarcastic either.

You are being sarcastic. You don't get to make a passive-aggressive comment that makes you look benevolent. It doesn't work that way. You also don't get to act like he's the only one, when he only bothered to show up after others have done the exact same thing in trying to correct some glaring misconceptions.

What is even going on anymore... I just want people to enjoy playing TERA and/or at least to make well-informed decisions. This off-topic is pointless and I don't want to see this thread closed.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What is even going on anymore... I just want people to enjoy playing TERA and/or at least to make well-informed decisions. This off-topic is pointless and I don't want to see this thread closed.

This entire thread is pointless. It has just been uninformed babbling from the jump, and the ignorant circlejerk attacking anyone who tries to do the informing. They don't want to make well-informed decisions. They want to be angry and stupid. I don't see any reason this thread shouldn't be closed.

Edit: Other than to keep it contained, but it's already tried to spill out on more than one occasion.

438 comments, 59 discussions, yet none informative, none worthy of reading... Can't be any more ignored because way to many people ignores him, and he thinks he has right to say what should and shouldn't be closed. Interesting logik. Please refer to your own comment and shut the hell up since you bring nothing for the past 438 comments you did.

Perhaps, back to discussion.

:Sigh: another comment I'm not reading apparently... and I love how he likes his own comment everytime XD... Please someone unblock him so I can block him myself.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    Christin wrote: »

Sure, why not, i will `Defend` XIGNCODE3 if they gives me free Dragon mount, B)
    heres my character detail :

Nick name : Lin.Xiao.Fan
    Class : Brawler
    Server : Calestial Hills

Dont be shy EME, just mail me those dragon mount in the game..
    i dont bother.. :3
    Hahahaha.. =)

• LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So, here`s the thing.., i was from Indonesia,
    and not secret anymore, that.. so many player from outside America was using certain VPN or proxy program to bypass the region lock,

Since i use VPN program (like HHS or Tunel Bear) to log in the games,
    and if.. XIGNCODE3 was implemented in TERA, that means i can not used VPN anymore when i launch TERA launcher? :#
This discussion has been closed.