[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• Borsuc wrote: »
    There's actually people defending this? What a sorry excuse for a life you have.

Let me tell you something, if that wasn't obvious enough. Nobody gives a [filtered] what someone CLAIMS. Does a thief claim he steals? So stop linking the "official sources" because they mean nothing. This is why operating systems are designed with security in mind. Because trusting someone's words is the choice of a lunatic.

You know what the problem with XIGNCODE is? It installs a [filtered] driver. People wanted to play a game, they agreed with play the game, not have drivers installed since it didn't come with this cancer from the beginning. They deserve a FULL refund for this right now.

The driver your talking about is xhunter1.sys. And the nerve of these guys, they actually install it right into your C:\Windows folder. And hides registry entries on top of that.

This malware rootkit can't be uninstalled unless you know how to edit registry files and i doubt half the people here are willing to tamper in the registry in hopes that will remove this security breech. And thats assuming you find all the entries... the windows registry is millions of lines of data, they could hide anything in there.

Most obvious thing would be to put their driver name in the registry as a decoy, and have their real malicious code hidden where you can't find by just simply type keyword search into the registry.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It is funny to see how people that claims to not play anymore come here to make crypost and insult other forum users.

xD

And they say they dont care but they post their thoughts here anyway

xD
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    God please will this affect razer synapse?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »

There are many legit questions like yours and its a shame they are not addressed by EME.

And it will be hard to do it in a thread full of paranoia from other users.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with "hyped paranoia". The official developer's website has it stylized as "XIGNCODE3".

That`s not the only thing I wrote and I was being sarcastic about how people are freaking over something they will most likely play along with anyway. But you`re right. I`m glad you can read.

* After edit. I wrote more but it didn't save my draft properly *

Remember back when EME made all that noise over people using third party software, and released that security update? well i`m not a tech expert and I could be wrong, but isn't XIGNCODE also considered as third party software of some kind? if what I said is correct then wouldn't that be hypocrisy at its finest? my point being, is that this whole thing is ridicules. And I genuinely don`t understand how people keep being supersized that this sorta stuff keeps happening. I come here for the show. I admit it. But I can see that many of the people commenting do that with a straight face, and Google vomit every little detail they can to present some kind of argument that`s not going to matter because XIGNCODE is going to happen anyway. If people are bothered by this so much then they should just uninstall this game, or attempt a boycott (which will fail because sheep mentality op and god forbid anyone disturbs the grinds, right). And if people insist on staying here and want to bypass it, that's exactly what they are going to do. Then they can continue having these arguments in here, within the comforts of their side clients.

Besides. People wanna cry conspiracy? go ahead. Do it. Who knows, maybe its true and XIGNCODE3 is nothing more then a data collecting scam for profit. Id believe its possible because the same thing happens on Facebook. But the practical problem with that argument is that they probably agreed to this, and signed it themselves. Then there is no point. Cry wolf day all day, but according to that theory they're already infected. There is no point. I keep seeing people here try to "beat" each other in everything, much like happens in the game itself. I find that as being hilarious and that`s the point where blame gets tossed around.

Here is an example to why that is ineffective: Ive seen people here blame the player council or the EME staff for just about everything, when most of them just spew one liners and emotes every once and a while. My point being, those people are not the cause of the problem, and they clearly only concern themselves with things which bother --them--. Same goes for the EME staff. Do the staff seem like nice and interesting people, or even people that actually play the game? no. They don`t imo. I wouldn't hang with those guys even if they paid me. But despite my own opinion, I belive that they are just doing their job. This whole XIGNCODE is not their fault either. For all we know this whole XIGNCODE was something that even EME raised concerns about, but their not allowed to voice that opinion in here. In other words: who tosses blame on the servants, instead of on placing it on their master? its common sense. In fact, the only person I feel bad for in this entire forum, is Counterpoint. I`m not saying I agree with him on everything and he seems bias as hell. Like omg I realize that there are things he probably can`t say openly but Jesus Christ. That being said though, I feel that he might be one of the few people that genuinely tries to help people and make the game better, and he is not stupid. Kudos on that.

What i`m trying to say is.. people need to get a grip, put things in prospective, realize we have no real say in anything, and stop being paranoid.
  • SilentLogixSilentLogix ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    STORM33 wrote: »
    I personally don't like malware...basically why we do whatever we can to protect ourselves and computers right? And unfortunately this is not only malware but a rootkit...so, you can basically say goodbye to your computer. Nothing short of a factory reset will get rid of it. So because Butthole studios and EME felt the need to use a useless program to prevent some jerkoffs from cheating for an hour until they by pass it, I have made the heartbreaking decision to completely unintall Tera before the patch later this morning. I have really enjoyed this game, but i rather enjoy my privacy and a computer that actually works more. Good luck to all who decide to stay. I will miss playing with you all. I will remember Tera from years ago when it was actually fun to play.

it got bypassed yesterday before the patch was released with a version for people who don't use proxy and a version for people who do and stops it from installing correctly without it triggering a integrity check warning
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    It is funny to see how people that claims to not play anymore come here to make crypost and insult other forum users.

xD

xD
    It is funny to see how people that whiteknight can't even read properly and see how nowhere was written a single complaint about the game itself but rather putting people with imbecile arguments in their place. If you think XIGNCODE3 is specific to TERA then boy, are you in for a rude awakening.

xD

I was only made aware of this thread today, considering that was my first post on it, and I couldn't care less about the game, nor EME nor BHS, and the only company I wished bad upon was Wellbia since they deserve it. Sadly they will continue to exist even if TERA shuts down or I quit, and ignorant sheep will continue to defend it without knowing jack [filtered] what's going on behind the scenes, so yes, it matters a whole lot.

So stay mad at facts.

(and btw if you're one of those who "runs everything as admin" because why not, then lol son, you will NEVER understand, even if someone hacked you with a big sign in front, you'll say "it was inevitable", it can never be your own incompetence that lead to it ofc, and failure to protect yourself)

Consider this scenario: Wellbia itself gets hacked (larger companies have, accept the facts). Since XIGNCODE can get remotely updated, and since you cannot block it because IT IS A DRIVER, THE HIGHEST PRIVILEGE (same as kernel), what happens if the hacker starts distributing his malware as a "XIGNCODE remote update"? It will completely take over your PC. Have fun with your botnet.

It doesn't matter how many times leaks/hacks/etc happens -- even with far bigger companies -- there will *always* be ignorants who will say idiotic things like "stop being so paranoid", because it did not happen to them, because it's perfectly normal to leave your home unlocked to a company. Indeed.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

dont worry u can always by pass it. It is quite easy.
    I still want an official response on WHY the hell are they puting this useless thing.
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    Vasy86le wrote: »
    So, when we have this patch?
    Capture.jpg

All Regions outside of Korea got the so-called "Proxy Prevention" Patch the week after that happened in KTERA. Unofficially, it's the fix for the Valkyrie Dreamslash exploit, so projectile skills can only apply damage once per hit, officially stated as this

af2d24b7a2.png

So, it's already been implemented.

PS: Since EME redid their entire website, the original source for the patch notes has gone.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171106012900/tera.enmasse.com:80/news-page/patch-notes

You can find it here

You wrong, what i post is from an update release after Antaros Abys patch, not first failed try, when all know proxy don`t work only for 2 hours.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

xD

xD

well is long time we dont see him posting here, so it is only one post in 6 months from borsuc :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

no i have black desert and use my razer for this game and i have the software, so you will be fine :3

of course if you use laptop it is another story :3
  • Wait a sec. This crap, won't allow me to use my own anti-virus, and will interfere with Windows update. Don't need to be a genius to figure the purpose, and what it does to every file. It takes complete control of the operating system. Hey dumb nimrod retards, seems u guys have too much staff with an IQ of 1 digit. This says it all. [filtered] OFF, ain't updating [filtered]. For the players, good luck to all, and for most, cya in another game.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh damn cant open tera since XIGNCODE :#
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    vkobe wrote: »

Hahahaha i cant stop Loling with this!! They spend thousand of dollar on an obsolete bypassed anti cheat, and now the game dont even start xDDD
    Even with 32gb ram

kEJazZR.jpg
  • vkobe wrote: »

u actually allowed that rootkit to be installed on your system? I suggest you reinstall your windows and stay away from TERA until they remove it.
This discussion has been closed.