[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    HeyTeacher wrote: »
    okay, but like i said, if i do catch anyone using any sort of 3rd party tools ingame to abuse gameplay, i will immediately make a ticket to report them. i will never hesitate into doing that. so if i catch anyone using dps meter or tera proxies, i'll be sure to report them :)
    Everyone who was using them yesterday is still using them today. Xigncode does not have the capability to detect either one, and definitely not to stop them, even if the people using them happened to not install the 3 second bypass for it.

if i have evidence from ingame from a certain player cheating/using cheats, then i can easily just report them by making a support ticket, that's if xigncode somehow manages in failing to detect the cheater. so remember, there's 2 ways. one from this anticheat and another from a self-made reported ticket.
    I'm guessing you're not bothering to read the 38 pages of this thread, but let me sum it up for you: xigncode has never stopped a cheater on any game. It's not anti-cheat software, it's just a money making scheme wellbia sells people by lying to them. We have the same level of protection today that we had yesterday, but now we also have a program scanning our computer and sending the data it collects to.... hmm, nobody actually knows!
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Yordan wrote: »
    Yordan wrote: »
    omg, finally some justice! ty once again EME for taking care of these obnoxious hackers/cheaters from their 3rd party tools. now hopefully they won't abuse that stupid TERA proxy or be elitist with the dps meter ever again. goodbye cheaters, justice has been served to them! =)

I hate to break your bubble but it won't stop anything.

yeah and let the cheaters continue to cheat on with their proxies because they're horrible at the game and can't play the game correctly? okay buddy

I see you are completely missing point of anyone who is against this particular solution that solves nothing.

but you're not giving this new anti-cheat a chance. let's just wait and see what happens. if someone does continue on to cheat and if you somehow manage to find them doing it ingame, then there's always a submitting in a ticket to report them. the accounts that were caught using the 3rd party cheat tools should remain permanently banned forever. so it will only be them wasting their times making another 65 account just to cheat and get permanently banned again :) as for the gold sellers, hopefully we won't see them again with whatever tool they use to continuously spam their messages.

We don't need to give the so-called "anti-cheat" a chance to try and detect it. KTERA and JTERA have had Xigncode in their builds for a while now and it didn't stop the cheating that was enabled by the Valkyrie Dreamslash exploit.

There is further reason to believe that it contributed nothing to actually identifying the exploit. That exploit was seen as an NA only problem by BHS until Battleground league tables came back in KTERA and a Valkyrie known to be very bad was sitting at the top of the BG rankings.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dokibun wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    Does anyone want my Xigncode log file?

SWkbfAO.png

It should have my bank account info in there.

xD

I don't think anyone wants ur account with like....5 Dollars in it. No wonder ur not worried. I get it.

xtbXFDn.png

Yeah, I wonder how can mere 5 dollars can be worth this credit avaliable xD

you need to go outside and stop caring so much

I am at my office at the moment, can't leave until I finish to check on some files I need for my tax declarations or whatever is called in english e.e
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure they'll figure out a way to counter that bypass. as long as Xigncode keeps updating to its latest and hopefully it can detect players from messing with the config files or trying to mod their TERA game files.

I`m not an expert on this subject but I do know that the name "XIGNCODE" does not inspire awe in any kind of community. You don`t have to take my word for it, you can do a quick Google search on the subject, or even ask around. I trust that you will find that Its not exactly Skynet. It will not put a stop to third party software, it will not put a stop to gold scammers, and it will not put a stop to cheaters. It wont even put a dent in any of these phenomena. Again, don`t take my word for it. Read up on it.

Don`t get me wrong, i`m against cheating of any kind and I understand that this move is supposedly meant to counter stuff like that. And I will also add that naturally even the people using side clients and meters put themselves at risk willingly, and i`m pretty sure that in the worse case scenario BHS or EME would be the least of their concerns. It should be said. But... thinking that XIGNCODE will do anything other then give people something to laugh about, is just wishful thinking.
  • "EME/BHS think by turning-off Microsoft's Anti-Malware Windows Defender will solve problems. However, what is really given is protection from the MRT or MalwareRemoveTool and it's trying to block it at times, so you get BLUESCREEN. I think outside the box and I don't know what causes the blue-screen, but it seems that this is the real issue here on how XIGNCODE functions?! All I know is that Microsoft is doing it's job to prevent damages. So I suspect that this incompetent XINGCODE software will in fact delete/corrupt files that it thinks is malicious towards the game, which makes it definable as in-effective for customer use!"

Perhaps someone should send this information to Microsoft directly and see what that company thinks of Xingcode3. I would guess they would not be happy with another company messing around with a program meant to protect it's own consumers from outside malware. BHS and EME should have used their brains on this one.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

ElinUsagi supposedly works 50 hours a week and makes bank, but also has Time to play TERA 8 hours a day. How do I know this? Because they say it all the [filtered] time. They have to make sure YOU KNOW not only is their opinion always the right one, but their life is better than yours also.
    I am at my office at the moment, can't leave until I finish to check on some files I need for my tax declarations or whatever is called in english e.e

See? Lol. So sad. Such thin skin.

Also, how do you have such a good job when you are on the TERA forums ALL DAY LONG, EVERY SINGLE DAY. lol
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    There are days when i feel the urge to fickle the bean before going to sleep to release some steam after losing at fwc too many times in a row.. But now i am kinda ashamed knowing that big brother Xingcode might know about it..
  • That was a quote from MistyTera, and I am glad she mentioned it
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    edited June 2018

SWkbfAO.png

xD

I don't think anyone wants ur account with like....5 Dollars in it. No wonder ur not worried. I get it.

xtbXFDn.png

Please donate me some money so i can have more than 3 dollars in my account. :)

https://www.paypal.me/mackaydj

@ElinUsagi

ElinUsagi supposedly works 50 hours a week and makes bank, but also has Time to play TERA 8 hours a day. How do I know this? Because they say it all the [filtered] time. They have to make sure YOU KNOW not only is their opinion always the right one, but their life is better than yours also.

See? Lol. So sad. Such thin skin.

Also, how do you have such a good job when you are on the TERA forums ALL DAY LONG, EVERY SINGLE DAY. lol

Never said I play 8 hours a day.

As always you are only trash talking others without evidence and as always you will cowardly walk away without showing proof that backs up what you posted.

One more thing, it is not my job it is my bussiness if you dont understand the diference then you are already hopeless.
  • edited June 2018
    STORM33 wrote: »
    That was a quote from MistyTera, and I am glad she mentioned it

FWIW, though, you don't have turn off Windows Defender or other anti-virus software for this to work, and it only flags rather than do anything to any files it finds, so I'm truly not too sure what they mean.
    edited June 2018
    ovr wrote: »

SWkbfAO.png

xD

xtbXFDn.png

Please donate me some money so i can have more than 3 dollars in my account. :)

https://www.paypal.me/mackaydj

@ElinUsagi

I have only donated a few dollars to people from Venezuela, I don't think someone who is from CA really needs donations u_u

Last time I was there (San Jose, CA) the rent of a house cost me about 3k dollars for a month u_u

If people can pay that much over there then having more than 3 dollars in their bank account shouldnt be that hard e.e
  • If uninstalling the game won't get rid of it will rolling back windows first work?
  • DL6JEAMTMRDL6JEAMTMR ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I just want to asss my 2 bits xingcode3 blocks programes i use for my home business so as of this update i will no longer be playing tera as making a living is more important then the game and since i cant ever shut the code off even if the games no running since it runs as a driver on your PC i will never install the update to my PC and never play this game again thanks for the 6 years of good times but this games dead to me ill be taking the 400$ a mounth i spend on it some were ells thank you
This discussion has been closed.