XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• MecchiMecchi
    edited June 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »
    > Check forums
    > 107 new posts
    > Still nothing from EME
    > h a h

There's not going to be anything. The final word is what was posted by SeanDynamite in the News forum. It's installed, without your consent, without you signing a EULA, without you accepting terms and conditions, and automatically has kernel access. You can accept it or not play. I'm still debating on whether to update, and I probably will for a week or longer.

(Did you know XINGCODE3 does this same thing on Android devices, and that is totally against Google store policy to install without user consent? Fantastic company we are dealing with.)
    Also for those not aware I found XingCode installed along with Nexon Titles on my android phone, it completely modified my android phones files, caused the device to fail to the point where I had to replace the SD card, restore a backup, and lost all data. It was also against Googles Policy, for these apps to be on the Google Play store as they did not properly inform the customer and are not safe as they don't respect privacy.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/profile/1145851-lilithdragonflower/content/?type=forums_topic_post

You signed the EULA when you created your account; you agreed to their TOS when you created your account.

Straight from their TOS: "You acknowledge that En Masse and/or third-party content providers remain the owners of all content contained in the Service, and that you do not acquire any ownership rights by purchasing, downloading, using or paying fees to acquire licenses to use any content.

As long as you comply with this Terms of Service and it has not been terminated, En Masse grants you a personal, non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to enter, use, perform and display our Service and its contents."

You don't own your account anyways just based off those sentences. You also agreed upon creating your account in accordance with their privacy policy; that they would collect any personal information and store on their servers; they can also store things said in the in-game chat as well; etc, etc.

[EDIT]
    Forgot to also add this onto it:
    "9. Patches and Updates

From time to time in its sole discretion, En Masse may deploy or provide patches, updates and modifications to the Service that must be installed for you to continue to play Game. En Masse may update the Game remotely including without limitation the Game Client residing on your machine, without your knowledge and you hereby grant En Masse your consent to deploy and supply such patches, updates and modifications."

You also agreed to that legality when you created your account for Tera; so you can't scream and fight about it when it comes up.
  • Equitas, you failed
    ...3. Zero. The answer is "Zero." At least, not because of this...
    One little girl, my daughter, who loves elins very much, leaves this game.

Seriously, the use of a questionable third-party tool without a clear description? Created on the knee by strange people?
    "We were hacked by some people, and we in turn decided to hack everyone"
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mecchi wrote: »
    a bunch of garbage

I never said anything about owning my account. I'm well aware of that. I'm well aware of no refunds policy. account is not mine, servers may be shut down at any time, etc. Duh?

I agreed to En Masse's terms and conditions, and their EULA.

I DID NOT AGREE to Wellbia's.

Notice the difference?
  • My opinion doesn't count much but for what its worth I already uninstalled the game, xigncode3 maybe "harmless" but the fact still stands that it runs hidden to the system with elevated status and iv heard reports of people being able to hack the xigncode code itself and that's scary. I prefer to be skeptic, and im not going to put my security at risk for something I enjoy playing no matter how small or low chance the risk is. Ive soent alot of money on tera and even renewed my elite just a fee days ago but I refuse to let this program onto my computer.

Yes im skeptic, but for good reason in this digital age just accepting everything thaf comes with your downloads puts you at alot of risk and I value my privacy and personal data.

Goodbye Tera I love you, but [filtered] your NA publisher.
  • Mecchi wrote: »
    a bunch of garbage

I never said anything about owning my account. I'm well aware of that. I'm well aware of no refunds policy. account is not mine, servers may be shut down at any time, etc. Duh?

I agreed to En Masse's terms and conditions, and their EULA.

I DID NOT AGREE to Wellbia's.

Notice the difference?

There isn't a different because A) Tera's EULA has a section just for this called the "Separately Licensed Software".

"TERA may contain third-party software and/or content which are licensed to you pursuant to a separate agreement (the “Separately Licensed Software”). You agree that En Masse may install the Separately Licensed Software onto your machine during the Game Client installation process. You agree that you will not copy, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, or decompile any Separately Licensed Software, create any derivative works based on any Separately Licensed Software, or infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other rights embodied in any Separately Licensed Software. You also agree that you will not access or use any Separately Licensed Software until and unless you agree with the end user license agreements provided by the licensors of such Separately Licensed Software. The terms of each such end user license agreement will replace and supersede this Agreement, but only with regard to the applicable Separately Licensed Software referenced in such agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, if any third party software and/or content contained in TERA is deemed not covered by a separate end user license agreement, then it is governed by the terms and conditions of this EULA."

So, your point is moot. Get over it; you agreed to this stuff; move on and [filtered] off.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff and stuff.

Okay, but that still doesn't overlook that this was almost given to us with no notification until after everyone was freaking out and assuming the worst (I say "almost" because the new patch hadn't dropped yet).

Which seems to be a trend these days. Hmm...
  • EnerG wrote: »
    My opinion doesn't count much but for what its worth I already uninstalled the game, xigncode3 maybe "harmless" but the fact still stands that it runs hidden to the system with elevated status and iv heard reports of people being able to hack the xigncode code itself and that's scary. I prefer to be skeptic, and im not going to put my security at risk for something I enjoy playing no matter how small or low chance the risk is. Ive soent alot of money on tera and even renewed my elite just a fee days ago but I refuse to let this program onto my computer.

Yes im skeptic, but for good reason in this digital age just accepting everything thaf comes with your downloads puts you at alot of risk and I value my privacy and personal data.

Goodbye Tera I love you, but [filtered] your NA publisher.
    I did the same thing. Luckily the unnamed hero that started this thread warned us all about this backdoor rootkit before I ran the launcher today, so my computer is not infected with it.

In the mean time, i'll copy TERA over to an external hard drive and just keep an eye on the situation and hopefully at some point in the future they'll remove this XIGNCODE malware package and put the game back to its safe state.

Anyone who uses their pc for anything other than TERA should know, you gotta be a complete lunatic to think its safe to run this. Even intel/amd cpus have had some serious security exploits this last year exposed and they've been in the business for 40+ years... and we should be trusting a shady random "anticheat" third party software? Yeah i don't think so.

• PeorthPeorth ✭✭
    Trying to get Tera run for 3h now and made it to Xigncode Error 0xE019100B Suspicious program detected.

Deactivated everything, antivirus, bitdefender and still at a loss. This stuff simply doesnt work anymore.
    I try again tomorrow or whenever Eme decides to uninstall XignCode.
    No idea what else to try.
    And having to run an online game with no anti-virus or firewall is kinda scary af.
  • Over all in my opinion, it's a complete invasion of our privacy on our OWN system, forcing US the Players to install a Malware just to play. EME rather than trying to stop the players using other 3rd party (DSP meter etc..) For once, why don't you ACTUALLY try fixing the GAME.. WOW that just make to much sense,
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    Get over it; you agreed to this stuff; move on and [filtered] off.

Well, that's what I did. I filtered off, as did others. Game is uninstalled. Hope I'm not violating the EULA with that. And everyone still playing can be happy with even more people leaving the game than usual. So, everyone wins, right? Profit much.
  • TomRipley wrote: »

Well, that's what I did. I filtered off, as did others. Game is uninstalled. Hope I'm not violating the EULA with that. And everyone still playing can be happy with even more people leaving the game than usual. So, everyone wins, right? Profit much.

True. I was to VO and his a lot more empty than never :p
    Also, i like the valk nerf to aa stagger and that mega"giga" they had
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭

TomRipley wrote: »

True. I was to VO and his a lot more empty than never :p

What I'm getting at is, it's no use some users insulting others over this issue. xigncode won't hardly bring new players in, if anything, it makes some more leave. How can anyone consider this a good thing?
This discussion has been closed.