[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get you a response to the initial topic for this thread... which is... as I see it... why XIGNCODE. I get it. It sucks. But cheating sucks more. No cheating fix is perfect, but we felt like we had to do something about it, and Wellbia, who are a reputable company who have been working on solving this sort of issue for numerous games (including TERA in other regions) was the best partner that we could find. They and we aren’t spying on you. We aren’t trying to steal your data (in fact, you’ll have just seen our updated privacy terms that we’re ensuring XIGNCODE complies with as well). We’re just trying to ensure that all battlegrounds and epic quests take place on a figurative level field.

I think that makes for a playing experience that is more fun. So, I’m behind this change because it's to improve everyone's experience overall. Our CS team is ready and willing to help you sort out any problems caused by this change so reach out if you need to.

I’m going to close this thread and ask that if you want to have a productive conversation about the situation at hand, I and my teammates are happy to talk, but where this thread is going, I’m not allowing this to go any further.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Alright, so you say that this has been implemented to stop cheaters.. but there is 0 evidence anywhere on the internet that it does that. It literally does nothing to combat cheating, as anyone who can login to tera despite the dearth of errors xigncode is causing will attest. Xigncode is an unsuccessful disk-heavy performance drain on an already sluggish game, and anyone with evidence to the contrary is welcome to post it.

Comments

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we also get a list of things that XIGNCODE interferes with, including but not limited to:

- key rebinders
    - anti-virus
    - other games being open at the same time

This would help us give our point to them succinctly and directly.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Could we also get a list of things that XIGNCODE interferes with, including but not limited to:

- key rebinders
    - anti-virus

Please provide video evidence or screenshots if possible!
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i want here is TRANSPARENCY

First of all, why we weren't told of this change with enough time?
    Why did we had to know it from a leak?
    Why did EME only informed us about it after the leak and remained silent until the actual patch day?
    What does xigncode actually gathers from our computers?
    Where is this info stored? is it safe? can we expect our info to be secure and not be used for other purposes?
    Why did EME decided to go along with xigncode even after the massive player respone against it and the fact that it DOES NOT do nothing at all against cheaters?
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    All i want here is TRANSPARENCY

1 First of all, why we weren't told of this change with enough time?
    2 Why did we had to know it from a leak?
    3 Why did EME only informed us about it after the leak and remained silent until the actual patch day?
    4 What does xigncode actually gathers from our computers?
    5 Where is this info stored? is it safe? can we expect our info to be secure and not be used for other purposes?
    6 Why did EME decided to go along with xigncode even after the massive player respone against it and the fact that it DOES NOT do nothing at all against cheaters?
    Numbered so I could answer more clearly, to the best of my knowledge
    1) this sort of thing usually happens because eme doesn't know what bhs is putting in the next release. it's pretty standard!
    2) it wasn't a leak, someone checked the official patch files (they're uploaded early for pre-downloading) and found xigncode in them
    3) see 1.
    4) It basically just creates a log file as it scans through trying to match programs with known cheats. Unfortunately, it does not know many cheats.
    5) good questions!!!
    6) because they're clueless, as they always have been and will be.
  • You know, I was only half following the original thread, and think what I got was, Xigncode = maybe malware. Now, if malware is a type of spyware, it doesn't help that the Xigncode icon has a guy with a spyglass or whatever that is, lol.
  • (dunno if repost,i was editing and suddenly everything vanished after i selected "post comment")

apparently eme staff cannot google

just by simply googling you can find a myriad of sites pointing towards 2 things

1-how to remove xign and its relatives/version

2-how useless it is

if you guys wanna stop botters or hackers look up to blizz's watcher program(i forgot the actual name) developed BY AND SOLELY THEM which actually only kills/not allows the game to start and warns the player that said program is not trustworthy and can be used to cheat AND JUST THAT (in my experience it happened with cheat engine cus i use it for personal projects and forgot it open,almost had a heart attack thinking i was banned)
    or change your code lines and encrypt stuff

cus resorting to a random program(lets be honest,it a virus that will stay on your computer EVEN AFTER A CLEAN FORMAT) that shows on its "hello" screen that its copyright is from 2010 and not 2018(i can provide screen shot if you don't believe me) that sends info about the poor unaware player to god knows where without their knowledge and logs their keystrokes is just pathetic(no other words to use tbh) and lazy

also another point,said virus has been injected without anyone's knowledge and even if you pull the "muh forums" almost nobody checks here so either a launcher or tweet warning 1 or 2 weeks before would've done it(even then there would be a massive out cry which would server as a feedback of said action)
    guys,think and tell your audience before doing anything,you'll get less headaches
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but the blatant lies in her response "was the best partner we could find" as though they really had any say, and "I and my teammates are happy to talk" when they've ignored the entire topic for over 2 days means Tera has already been uninstalled from my system and my children's systems. It was nice while it lasted. Hope you all have fun dealing with the bs. I will have fun saving cash and have already found something else to play. Tera was nothing more than a gold grind for me, and the cosmetics just aren't worth the hassle. If I wanted Korea to have direct access to my system, I would not have paid for anti-virus software to block hackers.

Considering that most cheat reports are totally ignored and people aren't banned unless they beg to be, I don't believe Tera cares much at all about cheaters. If they did, obvious cheaters would have been permanently banned long ago. They aren't and never will be, so sorry if I don't believe EME cares one bit about cheaters.

Since I know EME does not care about cheaters, this XIGNCODE must have another agenda. Seeing that EME is controlled by Bluehole, who just also happens to be in a war with Epic Games over Fortnite, I can only imagine the agenda is something not so great. They don't want to bother optimizing the game, but for some reason, they suddenly care about cheaters. No, I don't buy it.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

- key rebinders
    - anti-virus

Does this mean that we can't multibox clients now? If so I am pretty annoyed I use a 2nd account to transfer names I have so I don't get sniped.
  • I'm reminded of "Hanlon's Razor":
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Sure, they could be evil and spying and selling info and all sorts of stuff.
    Or... just some incompetent middle-manager made a decision, and that decision becomes company policy which employees must follow and cannot speak out against.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    As of the moment It doesnt mess with my Razer synapse. Why would it WOW allows it why not tera hmmmmm.

Anyway if ever they do. I have no choice but to stop playing Tera. I have my reasons why I use macros.
  • Since XC can be bypassed VERY EASY... And you know, Proxys, Meters, Mods, and even CE working just like ever...
    Is not better pay 3 or 4 progrmmers to make you a custom software?? Unknown for all, and then, not so easy to quit??
    I think it will be even chaper than this XC.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What exactly was wrong about the last thread, so we can hopefully avoid it in this one? Because to me it just looks like people were finally describing their firsthand issues with xign and afterwards it got locked. I don't see why they can't just warn/erase bad posts instead of locking an entire contained thread, but whatever. It was getting too big anyway. Just sorta flies in the face of "we want to discuss this" when you lock the thread in the very same post.
    ---
    I don't want to implicate anyone but nearly everyone I've talked to about this on discord has said they're using a bypass. Meanwhile, the people I know who are using xign either had issues logging in earlier today or have really bad performance issues which may or may not be attributed to the rootkit they downloaded that constantly scans all their stuff. I hope EME didn't waste too much money on this garbage.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Omg so much BS in one reply, I don`t even know what to say to this lol I

They want a discussion? why don`t they start with showing some proof that this XIGNCODE is worth spit. I don`t care about software comparability issues because I don`t cheat. Show me something good that came out of this. Not in other games, in Tera. That would be a good place to start, wouldn't you say?

And another thing. This person said: "I think that makes for a playing experience that is more fun. So, I’m behind this change because it's to improve everyone's experience overall.". Oh really? more fun for who? why are you making it sound like you play the game? is that suppose to make you sound relatable? its not working and even I could vomit a better forced "response" then that. And whats with this "I look forward to hearing what you have to say" crap. No you`re not. If you really wanted to hear what people have to say you wouldn't have closed that thread, and you and your team would have taken turns in between coffee breaks to respond to people, instead of shutting them up. If this is the best reply you could have come up with, then honestly I think you should have simply closed that thread without saying anything. Wouldn't be the first time, i`ll bet.

I doubt anyone is buying this official pitch. And if someone does, I feel sorry for them. XIGNCODE is worthless. It causes more problems then it solves. No wait. Correction: it has to solve something before I can reference it. See id like to be nicer about this, i`m not usually this vulgar. But i`m sorry but you`re so called "improvement" is screwing me over, and i`ll bet i`m not the only one.
    voidy wrote: »
    What exactly was wrong about the last thread, so we can hopefully avoid it in this one? Because to me it just looks like people were finally describing their firsthand issues with xign and afterwards it got locked. I don't see why they can't just warn/erase bad posts instead of locking an entire contained thread, but whatever. It was getting too big anyway.

I don't want to implicate anyone but nearly everyone I've talked to about this on discord has said they're using a bypass. Meanwhile, the people I know who are using it either had issues logging in earlier today or have really bad performance issues which may or may not be attributed to the rootkit they downloaded that constantly scans all their stuff. I hope EME didn't waste too much money on this garbage.

I'm guessing they locked it right before leaving for the day so they can have the excuse "we weren't in the office!" for all the rest of the posts, personally. But I've always been a cynic.
  • I like the last part where they say "I look forward to hearing what you have to say." then immediately closes the thread lol. Classic EME really has become a mEME. You would have to be extremely naive or just lying to yourself if you still believe them after all the evidence to refute the points of that post, plus all of EME's incompetence, lack of transparency and shady practices.
This discussion has been closed.