Stop throwing small bones and fix what needs to be fixed

2»

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Emerose1 wrote: »
    I’m not trying to defend the game or anything lol, I just wanted to know what triggers the crashes for most people. It’s no more than curiosity and knowing what to avoid myself.
    And if the game is bad or unplayable then it’s up to the individuals to decide if they want to stick around or not as unfortunately we cannot make the devs fix their bugs. They either do or they don’t and no law or rule will make that happen (as much as I would wish there would be). I mainly stick around because of nostalgia and having something free to play until the release of other games. I don’t think Tera is going to stick around for long as you all can tell, but as you don’t need to pay a penny to play it then just what you can while you can and move on to other games after.

There may not be any laws, however if enough feedback comes into microsoft and sony about these issues and nothing is done to resolve it sony and microsoft does have the power to remove the game from their platforms. I am sure at this point they may have already considered it. It doesn't look good on them to be supporting a game with this much incompetence on their platforms and i would assume they care enough to put the thought into consideration at some point. I don't know about sony but from what ive heard microsoft actually has a option in the xbox marketplace to actually report games. Either way time will only tell what will happen next, and regardless of that deciding to delete and not play tera a while back was my voice to enmasse in itself. From what my friend told me (cant verify this statistically so im just going by someones opinion) but the servers seem more empty as if the game is already starting to lose a lot of active players. I myself do not care if a game is free, if the game has this many serious issues i will not play it. I myself do not base a game off of the cost. It's quality is what i care about. There are some great quality free games out there and there are some expensive quality games out there. I myself believe cost or the method of profit the company uses should have nothing to do with how hard they work on the game or how good their customer service is. No one is going to play a crappy game even if its free. The point is entertainment, and if a game has soo many problems that it ruins the fun in it then that becomes a point where people will stop playing or not start playing in the first place. Some people trash games for the sake of trashing games and others white knight them for the sake of white knighting. In my case however i am just giving my honest opinion based on my experiences and what ive seen my friend experience.
  • SevazSevaz ✭✭
    My archer skills still don't work like close quarters. Does adding cosmetics sound more important than game mechanics? Game crashing and fps drops everywhere. Fix your dang game ffs.
  • People looked at me funny when I was preaching about the game not working yet we got cosmetics for days. Glad to hear that there are more level headed mature folks that see this as an issue.

And no cross play with pc means me and the wife will play ffxiv next week together and this'll go off my ps4 when the time comes.
  • People looked at me funny when I was preaching about the game not working yet we got cosmetics for days. Glad to hear that there are more level headed mature folks that see this as an issue.

And no cross play with pc means me and the wife will play ffxiv next week together and this'll go off my ps4 when the time comes.

So level headed until you mentioned cross-play between PC and console . . . NO!!!! I am a 7 year tera PC vet and I can safely say if I was in equalized gear on my PC in a battleground, I could 1v4 the 4 best PVP players on console and win by a [filtered] landslide

I was right with you all over the forums since the beginning. I knew it would go this way as soon as i noticed they pretty much fixed nothing serious after the beta for official release. They take ages to push out fixes and when the fixes come its the most redundant things i've ever seen a devteam fix. Like who gives a flying sh*t about the way a river flows when people are crashing left and right and frame-rates are tanking worse than i've ever seen in my life. Either the devteam is full of half baked retards or they literally do not care about their feedback. Regardless unlike those fanboys that stick around and don't care. I will not support a game that blatantly shows itself to be lmanaged by a bunch of toddlers spinning in spinny chairs all day instead of listening to their player base (or at least the ones that give honest feedback so they can hopefully use it to better the game). Which is why i deleted tera a while back and use the money i had saved up for tera and instead put it into even more time on my ffxiv sub. Not that i was leaving ffxiv or anything but hey more days on ffxiv is nice. Regardless i wont hate on tera just to be a [filtered]. I hate on tera because it has serious issues that are not and have not been fixed. It's been far too long and fixes should have been pushed out long ago according to average standards. I am used to ffxiv so i guess my standards are a bit high however even for enmasse and bluehole this is rediculous. Or maybe not since pc players tell me that this was to be expected since the pc version has had issues for years. Never the less i will always be following the forums, but as far as the game goes i may never return (depends if the devteam ever does their job properly or at all i guess)
  • KiciukKiciuk ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I thought that the devs priority is improving the user experience but when i see announcements like that i'm not so sure anymore.
    : milk an old product as much as possible with the least effort and investment.

Thats right.
    Gratz.
    Just play Fortnite like everyone else.
    It runs well, there is no p2w and epic care about playerbase.
    They milk the console base for money to spend on their pc versions and leave the console version in shambles.
    Forget.
    TERA is now milking project no real new content since 2014, making one dungeon takes few graphic designers not bunch of real programmers.
    PUBG runs like crap still, buthole trying to make game "esport ready" so far from BattleNonsense analysis it seems like they still can't code and better if they just update engine as epic games made shitload of good changes and optimizations.
    For now they push Project W aka A:IR so next cash grab incomming.
  • It seems a lot of games this gen and previous gen are littered with bugs, just look at the Games Bethesda makes, I can't even play Fallout 4 on my PS4 anymore because everytime I start a new play through I get the infamous 0KB glitch that prevents me from saving game, it's preventing me from playing it which sucks because I bought all the DLC and some CC Content and now I can't enjoy them.

Anyway it's not just BlueHole it's other developers in general that push out buggy games and in some cases no matter how many Patches they release I doesn't always fix all the issues.

Isn't Enmasse a publisher? Don't they have to contact BlueHole in order for them to create, test and send the patch to EnMasse (not to mention the patch would require Sony and Microsoft's approval)? I would imagine it would take time (I can think of one example for a game I played way back).

Mind you I don't have too much knowledge about how patches are released, I'm just going by what I've read in the past.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It seems a lot of games this gen and previous gen are littered with bugs, just look at the Games Bethesda makes, I can't even play Fallout 4 on my PS4 anymore because everytime I start a new play through I get the infamous 0KB glitch that prevents me from saving game, it's preventing me from playing it which sucks because I bought all the DLC and some CC Content and now I can't enjoy them.

Anyway it's not just BlueHole it's other developers in general that push out buggy games and in some cases no matter how many Patches they release I doesn't always fix all the issues.

Isn't Enmasse a publisher? Don't they have to contact BlueHole in order for them to create, test and send the patch to EnMasse (not to mention the patch would require Sony and Microsoft's approval)? I would imagine it would take time (I can think of one example for a game I played way back).

Mind you I don't have too much knowledge about how patches are released, I'm just going by what I've read in the past.

Enmasse is a subsidiary of Bluehole Studios. Enmasse was formerly known as Bluehole Interactive be fore they expanded, which is why they don't have to go through the same boring procedures as other publishers have to do when publishing games.
  • I learned something new today. Just like NISAmerica is a subsidiary Nippon Ichi Software (that I knew though).
  • I really like this game (newish player meaning PS4 only but veteran mmorpg player, time has been an issue lately). I love the model and yes I spent money on a mountain after a month of play. I love my mount. But I won't spend another penny until they FIX (not address, but FIX) the major issues : lag, chat, no customization of color backgrounds for chat/quests UI, other UI customizations that I did in 2003 on PS2 (FF11). I mean c'mon...

I want to support and spread the word but how can I when the most important things are neglected?
  • PrishanatorPrishanator ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Omg i actually started to play again and i can´t believe there is still no real patch or update yet... still that fking edge sharing and weakass warrior, no new class, no new dungeons... was there anything new at all besides that cs now works?

And still so many baddys in queue 410´s while i do them half asleep without getting hit much...

I defended this game for consoles on the beginning but if they really continue like this it will barely have any future and the community in our server is now dead for real, all i see is bot spams.

It´s a wonder that a decent amount of players are still playing it at all, yes i admit the gameplay itself was fun on PC and still is on consoles but the community is just so dead on consoles i can´t remember seeing worse(or maybe Neverwinter on consoles, dk xd).

Btw the game still runs flawless for me with a PS4 slim, really dk where the problems are coming from. Maybe the game can´t handle mediocre connections or people still don´t know how to setup Tera on consoles to run smoother.

I have delays/lags sometimes, but nothing seriously actually.
  • 46MK4C333446MK4C3334 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    They broke Archer is unusuable, instead of fixing it, they release the New flying mount in the store, i think im gonna test FFXIV because this game with these absolutely money making attitude just make me feel frustrated
  • PrishanatorPrishanator ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Btw since there are flying mounts now... can you get one for free from a quest or so? On PC Tera you got a free standard flying mount this way.

Anyway, just quoting this, i can´t resist:
    Game is nearly dead now though for real. Kinda sad how they handle things here and main issues like guildbank not working, no trade, chat sucking, warrior is a cancer to play for most with the bad edge display and edge sharing, no new dungeons, display of partymembers often delayed or broken(shown as offline/dead while he/she is already near you or in the bossfight)... and... and... and. The only thing they regulary update is the shop and even this is becoming old now(i want a dayum succubus outfit finally).

Looking at the patchnotes in this forum is also a joke. Like almost nothing, but they don´t even mention things like flying mounts there or did i miss something?

• Yeah on the 26th you’ll get the quest for a free one.