[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete.
[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Log in and have fun!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• Great, now me secondary ssd isn't detecting. it's 2 months old. [filtered] off EME. you know damn well this peice of crap software doesn't prevent cheating in anyway. you've actually made it WORSE. It's so ridiculously easy to by pass, that in 4 of the 5 discords for the game I'm on they all have bypassed it. Hell just googling xigncod3 gives 10 pages of results on how to bypass or remove it. I'd rather deal with the cheaters then have my pc brick and freeze constantly. I know perhaps others aren't having as many problems as me, but the hard drive tera is installed on in my pc is now no longer detecting after this mornings patch and having played for 10 minutes. guess I'm going to have fun tonight fixing this crap.
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    Just got back on for the weekend after work and read on discord about the changes and problematic forced downloaded client,i was in the middle of patching to about 40% before i closed it remembering about the Xigncode and was wondering where you would look too see if it was downloaded or installed?(is it in the tera files,can i just uninstall tera and all will be well,i have not completed the patch or launched the game yet) i am by far no computer wiz but when i see something that does exactly what a virus does,that is how it should be treated and i have no interest in one game screwing me over in the other games i enjoy playing.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Let me iterate on @Zoknahal 's question real quick...
    We aren’t trying to steal your data (in fact, you’ll have just seen our updated privacy terms that we’re ensuring XIGNCODE complies with as well).

So that is to say Wellbia are bind to the new "GRPD" or "GPRD" (Sorry I don't know the words again...) policies, so they aren't going to spy our PC's

And as I told you guys and I will repeat again, after I thoroughly checked my PC for a file called xhunter1.sys and on the registry, I seems to not find any file that's called xhunter1.sys which means they can't and will not spy on our PC's
  • update: after I used a partition viewer to remove the tera folder and reboot the ssd detects again, but the second I open tera with the xigncod3 thing, it gets half way through loading the xigncod3 bar and suddenly it stops detecting again. Wtf?
  • Xigncode3 seems quite troublesome. Some players were happily playing TERA on non-windows operating systems before, but found their setup broken due to xigncode3.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Search online some said xigncode safe, yet some said it not... I just want to know if it safe or not cause I do not want get in risk.
  • @TrialMacameau
    it's (all?) installed in TERA\Client\Binaries\XIGNCODE

(someone correct me if I am wrong)
    I did not see anything installed anywhere other then the TERA folder.

C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys is not present
  • Minazuki wrote: »
    Search online some said xigncode safe, yet some said it not... I just want to know if it safe or not cause I do not want get in risk.

I'd say no, as it has causes issues with hard drive detection for me, memory errors. etc. all runs fine till I start tera then i get problems.
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    @TrialMacameau

Okay thanks,awesome enough i think i stopped it early so no signs of it
    Minazuki wrote: »

Exactly why i am not trying my luck, Tera may be one of the more enjoyable games for me,but somehow it just keeps trying to push people away from it,so ill take my leave and pick up tera on console until it goes to hell on there =)
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @TrialMacameau

In some game like BDO for example, some are stained with that xhunter1.sys

And no you're not wrong all the core XIGNCODE is on that folder you mentioned
  • I just want you to know EME, that I have been an elite subscriber non-stop since the beginning of 2015 (when the $10 a month elite subscription was offered)... and because of this malware program, on top of all the other awful changes that have bee made to this lovely game (and its store) over the last year, I am likely going to cancel my subscription in the next day or two unless you get rid of this XIGN malware.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    @TrialMacameau

C:\windows/xhunter1.sys is present for me probably i ran Tera after update?
    name: xhunter1.sys
    date modified: 5/9/2017 21:40
    type: system file
    size: 36kb
    also u can find it in regedit
  • Minazuki wrote: »
    @TrialMacameau

have you ever had BDO installed on your computer?
    I think there are other games which install the same file.
  • Xigncode is useless, if you want to stop cheaters, do something serious about that, not this old and bad anticheat, but if i think better, i think BHS don`t want to stop cheaters.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Minazuki wrote: »
    @TrialMacameau

have you ever had BDO installed on your computer?
    I think there are other games which install the same file.

No, I dont play BDO and I know my other games dont use xigncode.
This discussion has been closed.