[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Some of my friends left game today. FPS issues are very hard.
  • 4MWWPH9LXE wrote: »
    just sayin

if KC and RG queues are dead something is not right

RG is the level 65 dungeon I'd typically run. If the IMS queue for it is dead, I'd say there is a serious problem here. EME really needs to do something if they want to save TERA. Heck, outright allowing cheats in all servers would be better than this. As is, I can't even play the game.
  • RandomElin wrote: »
    4MWWPH9LXE wrote: »
    just sayin

if KC and RG queues are dead something is not right

RG is the level 65 dungeon I'd typically run. If the IMS queue for it is dead, I'd say there is a serious problem here. EME really needs to do something if they want to save TERA. Heck, outright allowing cheats in all servers would be better than this. As is, I can't even play the game.

rofl. I haven't touched the game since the malware rootkit was announced as a bonus item for download. But the typical wait for RG is about 30-60 seconds. Sounds like they killed the game.

KC queues were longer since tank/healer required, usually 3-5minute wait at peak times, and around 10-15 at dead times in the middle of the night.

EME may as well remove the malware kit because theres already a bypass for it. If they'd stop taking coffee breaks and spend 5 minutes and check out tera discord, they'd see they infected thousands of PC's for no reason.
  • MistyTera wrote: »
    XIGNCODE is MALWARE! I want an explanation! Perhaps I'm wrong here, but still NOTHING SHOULD CAUSE OUR SYSTEMS TO CRASH! PERIOD!

EME/BHS should sue WELLBIA!

Trying to stop people here from hacking by telling how easy it is to get caught and now I'm dealing with what I see on the internet with issues concerning XIGNCODE! It's not hard to use google at all.

Pretty scary stuff. I've ran into random Malware before, never seen it crash a system. it makes you wonder the kind of system damage XIGNCODE could cause while its rooting around in your files and scanning them. I'd be worried about file corruption... and the data theft is an obvious thing also but having this rootkit scanning any file it wants could cause invaluable files to become permanently damaged, especially if when doing so causing a system crash.

The video is correct, but a bluescreen can also be just a way the pc is shutting down to prevent system damage. Meaning this file could be causing hardware damage or file damage. If a decent amount of people suffered damage, a class action lawsuit would be viable.
  • Christin wrote: »
    PUBG isn't supported by EME, so you have that backwards. EME is supported/directed by BHS and that's it.

FWIW, I meant that, literally, EME's team provides the customer support for PUBG. That's why it made sense in the context I was replying to (contacting customer support related to an issue with XIGNCODE3 in GeForce Now). That's all.
  • CampaignerCampaigner ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sigh... I like TERA but my computer is too expensive to risk on this questionable third-party Korean big brother AI nonsense.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Campaigner wrote: »
    Sigh... I like TERA but my computer is too expensive to risk on this questionable third-party Korean big brother AI nonsense.

realistically, the only thing it is likely to do is corrupt/destroy your hard drives. it probably won't damage anything else!
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Scream about it all you want, you're wasting your time.

Take your sensationalism and cram it, if you don't want to play this game, no one's forcing you to stay. Based on my experience with this program from previous games I've played that used it, you're blowing it WAY out of proportion. Just because you can find random crap on Google doesn't mean that it's as serious as you're trying to make it out to be.

Get over it
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Scream about it all you want, you're wasting your time.

Take your sensationalism and cram it, if you don't want to play this game, no one's forcing you to stay. Based on my experience with this program from previous games I've played that used it, you're blowing it WAY out of proportion. Just because you can find random crap on Google doesn't mean that it's as serious as you're trying to make it out to be.

Get over it

For me personally, depending on what it decides to scan (why is it scanning my NAS?) my performance ranges from slightly below normal to absolutely unplayable. Entirely at random. And i've been noticing spikes in data use coinciding with spikes in ping since it was installed. It makes the game objectively worse without a single upside. Literally not one single positive thing comes from xigncode. gold sellers are still active, cheats of every kind are unhindered. The only thing i've been able to find where xigncode stopped anyone from doing something which might be considered shady was my friend who used to use AHK to tbag people now has to use something else instead.
  • MistyTera wrote: »
    Why are people making it worse, when there is a problem?! Blue-Screens from XIGNCODE is a serious problem! I really don't know what to think anymore?! We are demanding something better and more trustworthy for customer use! Something that doesn't cause a blue-screen! Something is causing an interference perhaps with some people's computers so I can't explain everything! Since 'xhunter1' is linked to WELLBIA and there are blue-screens happening to people, that means XIGNCODE is that intrusive! So we are trying to get that across!

no xigncode or xhunter1 on my system anymore and it never comes back, it's an easy fix if u still want to play the game.
This discussion has been closed.