[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• MistyTera wrote: »
    Please read my posts and you will understand everything! Perhaps your computer is easier to break into, so it doesn't create that kernel dump of a file? Theoretically it could make sense. If I had it on my computer, I can't explain it!

Nah I'd rather not lose brain cells reading your nonsense since you have 0 understanding about computers and proving it after thinking just because you don't add a 1 on xhunter means it will not show in search results. Have fun.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    Please read my posts and you will understand everything! Perhaps your computer is easier to break into, so it doesn't create that kernel dump of a file? Theoretically it could make sense. If I had it on my computer, I can't explain it!

I already read your post, I already made a search about Xingcode not only this time but also when that was introduced on BnS, BDO and other games, what I have noticed is that most things looks to be made up and people doesnt share the whole picture of what is happening.

Most of my friends that have had issues with Xingcode is because they have software blacklisted or because they are not running the game using Windows or an original copy of windows. Everyone else of my friends that have their original copies installed and dont use software blacklisted never had issues of any kind, no blue screens, no crashes, no error messages.
    edited June 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I already read your post, I already made a search about Xingcode not only this time but also when that was introduced on BnS, BDO and other games, what I have noticed is that most things looks to be made up and people doesnt share the whole picture of what is happening.

Most of my friends that have had issues with Xingcode is because they have software blacklisted or because they are not running the game using Windows or an original copy of windows. Everyone else of my friends that have their original copies installed and dont use software blacklisted never had issues of any kind, no blue screens, no crashes, no error messages.

Interesting, yet my laptop is original and is windows 7. So perhaps Windows 10 blocks it better? I don't know?

Maybe.

As I said, there are more things to look into it.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get back on track, for [filtered]'s sake. Whether you agree with that Misty dude or not, he posted screens of xhunter1 causing someone's system to Blue Screen, which is the point of this thread: providing objective evidence that xigncode is garbage that creates more issues than it solves. Conveniently, no one's addressed that. Maybe the people accusing him and others of overblowing the problem should go apply for positions at wellbia; I mean, you might as well get paid if you're gonna sit around defending friggin' xigncode3 while pretending the neverending criticisms against it is all just "overblown" since it hasn't happened to you yet.

Honestly all of those risks are made worse by the fact that it doesn't even work as intended. Get that nasty stuff out of here fam. Legit no good argument to have it has been posted even once; it doesn't stop proxy users. It doesn't stop dps meters. The gold sellers are still at it. Meanwhile there's heaps of evidence showing that it CAN cause issues ranging from false positives to actual hardware failure and you're all like "just use it, you're being paranoid," it's like they're paying you for every post you make.
    voidy wrote: »
    Can we get back on track, for [filtered]'s sake. Whether you agree with that Misty dude or not, he posted screens of xhunter1 causing someone's system to Blue Screen, which is the point of this thread: providing objective evidence that xigncode is garbage that creates more issues than it solves. Conveniently, no one's addressed that. Maybe the people accusing him and others of overblowing the problem should go apply for positions at wellbia; I mean, you might as well get paid if you're gonna sit around defending friggin' xigncode3 while pretending the neverending criticisms against it is all just "overblown" since it hasn't happened to you yet.

Honestly all of those risks are made worse by the fact that it doesn't even work as intended. Get that nasty stuff out of here fam. Legit no good argument to have it has been posted even once; it doesn't stop proxy users. It doesn't stop dps meters. The gold sellers are still at it. Meanwhile there's heaps of evidence showing that it CAN cause issues ranging from false positives to actual hardware failure and you're all like "just use it, you're being paranoid," it's like they're paying you for every post you make.

Paranoid comes about the sentence "confidential info theft" that has been spit from other users and no one has proved that, I even dared to share my Xigncode files and people went like "o no one cares" a good way to lose face from them I would say.

Most people here that talks like paranoic people doesnt even make test and share the results with others yet people who are here on these forums that alreayd have tested and shared the results and showing there is nothing abnormal are treated as lairs, thats another sympthom of their paranoia.
    edited June 2018
    Not sure about all TERA comunity but those who use Steam to get access on TERA werent axed at all if we compare friday vs fiday at the same hours.

Rn07BqE.png

Steam only shows what could be a low % of players that are currently playing the game. So far looking at this it seems TERA continues like if nothing has happened with this patch.

u_u
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about all TERA comunity but those who use Steam to get access on TERA werent axed at all if we compare friday vs fiday at the same hours.

Steam only shows what could be a low % of players that are currently playing the game. So far looking at this it seems TERA continues like if nothing has happened with this patch.

u_u

Of course numbers aren't different.. everyone who couldn't login due to xigncode started cheating to log in anyway, and anyone who was cheating before xigncode didn't even notice the patch. It's almost as if EME is encouraging people to cheat.
    edited June 2018

u_u

Of course numbers aren't different.. everyone who couldn't login due to xigncode started cheating to log in anyway, and anyone who was cheating before xigncode didn't even notice the patch. It's almost as if EME is encouraging people to cheat.

Yeah, I am on the side where people wonder "why include a tool that is not going to solve the issues that is suposed to solve?"

I mean, I guess EME included Xigncode as a way to fight gold sellers but everyone here knew it wouldnt work anyway, so why make something useless that will only get players upset even more than they are already?

BTW, does anyone knows what is it the small patch from today?
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭

u_u

Yeah, I am on the side where people wonder "why include a tool that is not going to solve the issues that is suposed to solve?"

I mean, I guess EME included Xigncode as a way to fight gold sellers but everyone here knew it wouldnt work anyway, so why make something useless that will only get players upset even more than they are already?

BTW, does anyone knows what is it the small patch from today?

It's the loading screen contest, they just announced it c:
  • Doesn't steam require much larger downloads for updating TERA? Seems I recall reading that somewhere. What does steam consider as playing TERA? Does it use a launcher like the non-steam version? Does someone have to be logged in as a character to count in those statistics, or is it counting people who are just logged into the launcher?

In regard to the xhunter1.sys file, it has already mentioned that it might have been renamed. However, we need to remember that xigncode3 is believed by many to be a rootkit. If they are correct about that, then it is possible that it possesses the ability to hide files from users. For what it is worth, I did not find an xhunter1.sys file in the wine bottle that I have (a now unplayable TERA) installed in. Has anyone with a windows system with xigncode3 installed (with the appearance of no xhunter1.sys) tried checking for it after booting into a clean environment?
    RandomElin wrote: »
    Doesn't steam require much larger downloads for updating TERA? Seems I recall reading that somewhere. What does steam consider as playing TERA? Does it use a launcher like the non-steam version? Does someone have to be logged in as a character to count in those statistics, or is it counting people who are just logged into the launcher?

Steam would consider you as if you were playing if you have only the TERA launcher open.

That's why you shouldnt bother with the 10k hours played from some people over there, obviously they never closes the launcher.
This discussion has been closed.