[PC] We are aware of current ongoing server issues, and are investigating. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    xigncode3 is evil. it killed my dog and ate my lunch....wait, that was little brother. nevermind. lol jk.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Not sure about all TERA comunity but those who use Steam to get access on TERA werent axed at all if we compare friday vs fiday at the same hours.

Steam only shows what could be a low % of players that are currently playing the game. So far looking at this it seems TERA continues like if nothing has happened with this patch.

u_u

Of course numbers aren't different.. everyone who couldn't login due to xigncode started cheating to log in anyway, and anyone who was cheating before xigncode didn't even notice the patch. It's almost as if EME is encouraging people to cheat.

Yeah, I am on the side where people wonder "why include a tool that is not going to solve the issues that is suposed to solve?"

I mean, I guess EME included Xigncode as a way to fight gold sellers but everyone here knew it wouldnt work anyway, so why make something useless that will only get players upset even more than they are already?

BTW, does anyone knows what is it the small patch from today?

No someone posted a gold seller on forums recently! Probably using the bypass obviously! :'( :/ I told you there was a way for hackers and I told everyone just my searching it myself!

f0qkue.jpg

*facepalm* google for this situation, but at least we know that we need something better!

actually, you don't need bypass for gold selling bots, since xigncode doesn't stop them to begin with..
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    @KillerPenguins How would you know that?

because xigncode detects basically nothing. as far as i'm aware, the only things it flags are false positives and autohotkey.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    RandomElin wrote: »
    Doesn't steam require much larger downloads for updating TERA? Seems I recall reading that somewhere.

Yes, Steam versions of TERA require considerably larger downloads than standard TERA patches. You need to download:
    1) everything from whenever EME update the Steam version of the patch for Steam through Steam.
    2) the latest patch again through the EME launcher

Basically means that every major path is downloaded 3 times and each intermediary patch is downloaded twice.
  • Why defend a program that hurts your pc it may not be so severe or much of a savage but face it not everyone who games can just bypass it or has the knowledge to just dig it up and find it to get rid of it within their pc if your so good at it or wanting it that bad then just go install every single malware you can find we want to play the game without all this performace drops cause not everyone can either afford an [filtered] [filtered] setup
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ALHDLFX3WL wrote: »
    Why defend a program that hurts your pc it may not be so severe or much of a savage but face it not everyone who games can just bypass it or has the knowledge to just dig it up and find it to get rid of it within their pc if your so good at it or wanting it that bad then just go install every single malware you can find we want to play the game without all this performace drops cause not everyone can either afford an [filtered] [filtered] setup

The impact it has will vary widely, for myself, all it does is use ~2MB of memory. I see zero difference in the game's actual load times (even on an HDD), no cpu usage spike either.

It's not really a case of requiring a good PC either, one of the drawbacks that PC gaming has that consoles don't is the million different combinations. Realistically there isn't a solution that wouldn't negatively impact a small group in some way, other than just not using anything; although, clearly the issue most people have isn't the fact they are using something, because almost all games do, it's just whether it is negatively impacting their experience or not.

I mostly don't like Xigncode3 because it doesn't seem to work, which means wasted resources, beyond that, I don't really care about it.
  • Well based on how different our opinions are they will never get rid of it so yeah just like many of you said let it be and well see if it dies or progresses
  • Unfortunately, XIGNCODE3 might be responsible for me being locked out of Tera entirely. Ever since the X3 patch was added, I get a crash to desktop whenever I try to launch the game.

I've filed a support ticket and followed all the instructions on the support website; I even uninstalled my antivirus and Razer Synapse software to see if that would let me play. So far, nothing has worked.

It would be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the backside. I came back to Tera a couple of weeks ago, spent a fair amount of money buying a collector's edition, and now I'm likely being screwed over by an anti-cheat program when I've never run a cheat on my computer.

If this isn't fixed in a few days I'll have to try getting a refund for the money I spent on a game I can't play. That should be fun. >.>
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Fisrt CS with XC. UNPLAYABLE
    NOTICEABLE fps drop... Less than 12. Literally, unplayable.
    GG bhs. Bye Tera!

Oh and i logged in with Cheat Engine, and no bypass just to try, XC do nothing. (I didnt do anything ig with CE, just testing how much useless is your new toy, mEme)
  • 5TF4RJPD55 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, XIGNCODE3 might be responsible for me being locked out of Tera entirely. Ever since the X3 patch was added, I get a crash to desktop whenever I try to launch the game.

I've filed a support ticket and followed all the instructions on the support website; I even uninstalled my antivirus and Razer Synapse software to see if that would let me play. So far, nothing has worked.

It would be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the backside. I came back to Tera a couple of weeks ago, spent a fair amount of money buying a collector's edition, and now I'm likely being screwed over by an anti-cheat program when I've never run a cheat on my computer.

If this isn't fixed in a few days I'll have to try getting a refund for the money I spent on a game I can't play. That should be fun. >.>

I'm pretty sure that xigncode3 is responsible for me being locked out, but I was playing on linux. I know how you feel about having spent real money on this.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    I hate eme and wish them 10 years if disluck. Some of my friends gone from Tera because their useless $hit program killed their fps.
This discussion has been closed.