Stopping the Potential Exodus

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't going to bother with a separate server. If you can't get on the game, send in a ticket, and they will pretend to care. No doubt they are already flooded with tickets.

I don't think they really care about the game, which is why so much of the staff have left. They realize the end is coming.

Why even put your system at risk with this? As soon as we heard some people were having to restore their systems, I was like "time to get this sht off of our computers!" It's a bummer, but in no way am I going to risk my system for this game. It's been nothing but a constant grind to enchant gear only to have them keep adding and adding. Then, they totally change everything around, so all of that work was for nothing. Now, do it all again. Um, no thanks. Now, all they can do is have leveling events to try and force people to constantly grind to level up more alts.

All I can say is update a few more patches, and you might be able to play eventually.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    The real potential exodus is not actually people moving away from TERA, what is actually happening as a result of xigncode3 is that people are moving away from unmodified tera to use "cheats" that actually.. run the game more smoothly, with less hassle, and less bugs..

This exodus to third party programs you speak of already started when someone attributed TERA to a malware risk back in November last year with the chat bug and EME took the BHS stance of "it hasn't been evidenced on NA, therefore it's not a problem".

It wouldn't surprise me, given how the Xigncode3 story broke, if there is currently another exodus going on right now to the third party programs that EME are trying to stop people using, since people attributed TERA to installing rootkits. And people are general computer security advice puts rootkits in the same category as viruses. And when people think computer viruses, all hell breaks loose.
  • Forums are a fringe minority of the players, and none I played with in the new dungeon experienced any issues with xign.

To say that there's going to be be an Exodus because of the grievances of a fringe minority is awfully conceited. Not even gonna defend the program because there's nothing worth defending, but the is getting terribly overblown
  • Its too bad they didn't just simply create a XIGNCODE malware/rootkit version of the launcher for people who want the illusion they are playing on a cheat free server... and had left a malware free launcher version for the current servers.

But they won't go back on it now because that would show weakness and i've never seen EME ever take a step back from a bad decision.

I'd rather play on a server filled with cheaters than have my PC damaged and my privacy invaded. But if you've read through the thousands of comments on this anticheat, it actually doesn't work and has constant updates to ways to bypass it.

Whats weird is why do they think they even need this rootkit malware? The population of TERA is so tiny, they could so easily hand ban the select few that actually do use cheats and keep a pretty close eye on them by logging IP numbers and PC hardware identifiers. See a player make a new account, then track their activity and if any odd activities occur, do a selective ban.

You use this method, not a brute force lazy method of false security using some shady korean rootkit xigncode. I'm sure there will be a ton of false negatives from this malware kit which will make them think they are banning lots of cheaters.
  • I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to do away with TERA with this. Does not seem like there is a good reason for them to even be forcing xigncode3 upon everyone considering that the conventional wisdom is that it isn't even that good at catching the actual cheaters. This is made worse by the point that xigncode3 completely breaks TERA for us linux users since it seems xigncode3 and wine are incompatible. Considering the age of TERA, why add xigncode3 now. Playing with cheaters would be much preferable to not even being able to play.

Seems to me that if EME were serious about cutting down on actual cheaters, running some "cheat" servers would be more effective than this xigncode3 disaster. Due to the path of least resistance, I figure cheaters would be more likely to play on a "cheat" server than risk getting caught and banned for cheating on a "no cheat" server. I suspect the vast majority of the player base also wouldn't mind pooling "cheat" and "no cheat" servers together for IMS. I for one wouldn't mind having "cheat" and "no cheat" servers pooled for IMS. I hear that IMS isn't typically used for the higher level dungeons anyway.

I really think having some "cheat" servers would be vastly superior to xigncode3.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    > @MadameDryIce said:
    > Well all my friends want me to move to BDO, so this may be the opportune time to do so.

Bdo has xigncode too hue

he mean since he has xingcode it is a good time to move to black desert :3
  • Well, this is a great time to quit the game. Gonna look for new mmos...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soffyasd wrote: »
    Well, this is a great time to quit the game. Gonna look for new mmos...

Good luck finding one that doesn't use flawed code to check for cheaters, many use the same one or its competitors, or their own and keep it a secret.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

Good luck finding one that doesn't use flawed code to check for cheaters, many use the same one or its competitors, or their own and keep it a secret.

That suggests that EME may have really shot itself in the foot by forcing xigncode3 on the player base if true. Basically, it sounds like the lack of a draconian, anti-cheat system may have been an unofficial selling point. It definitely seems to have been one for us linux users since these draconian, anti-cheat systems seem to be incompatible with wine typically. Didn't realized the wine incompatibility untill they forced xigncode3 on us. I wonder if the lack of a draconian, anti-cheat system until now is why TERA has survived so long.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

Actually, I think TERA EU may actually still be xigncode-free (not positive about that, though). If it is than I guess there are xigncode-free servers. They are just not EME's. I think I may know where the exodus will be to if EME doesn't fix this xigncode-induced quagmire.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It is literally useless.
    This afternoon, i tried to log in with Cheat Engine on, and guess what.... Nothing happens!!
    Even scan Tera with it and stil nothing happens.

Log with proxy, nothing happens.

Log with meter, nothing happens.

So why it is instaled?? Just to kill my fps on CS and FWC turning them unoplayable, when until wednesday i can play it fine in terms of fps???

The only explanation i found about it, is that they WANT to kill Tera, for some reason. And then, decided to shoot his legs with this.

GG.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Forums are a fringe minority of the players, and none I played with in the new dungeon experienced any issues with xign.

To say that there's going to be be an Exodus because of the grievances of a fringe minority is awfully conceited. Not even gonna defend the program because there's nothing worth defending, but the is getting terribly overblown

Until you can't log in for some reason and watch you go all crazy. LOL

Tera was doing just fine before I started playing, and it will be fine now that I'm gone. I'm not deluding myself into thinking anyone cares. It's saving me hours each day not grinding legions. I think the goal was to buy everything I wanted. Once that was done with the anniversary month, my goal was accomplished. I won the game! LOL I kinda just wished they had this engine before I even started playing, so I could have saved myself loads of time.

Daily deals, empty store, 9 hour codes, Lumbertown "Lets mess with the players before giving rewards." event, giving free anniversary footsteps and halos as rewards when many of us bought or grinded long for those rewards, horrific social media updating, saying players don't deserve codes or timely streams, trying to get me to download a cheat program without telling me about it, and seeing just a general "We don't give a spit." in the streams over communication and planning are all great reasons to move on down the road for me. Why on Earth would I let anyone that I give money to treat me like that?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

western mmorpg or ff 14 :3
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    > @Christin said:
    >
    > Daily deals, empty store, 9 hour codes, Lumbertown "Lets mess with the players before giving rewards." event, giving free anniversary footsteps and halos as rewards when many of us bought or grinded long for those rewards, horrific social media updating, saying players don't deserve codes or timely streams, trying to get me to download a cheat program without telling me about it, and seeing just a general "We don't give a spit." in the streams over communication and planning are all great reasons to move on down the road for me. Why on Earth would I let anyone that I give money to treat me like that?

Pretty much this. Add there halved dressing room, not updates aces, not updated Tera rewards, not updated vanguard boxes with cruxes and stupid breaking economy events where diamonds drop like candies.
  • The ironic thing is that they forced this rootkit on the player base at the same time that they released new content. I wonder if EME was pressured into adding xigncode and new that it would go over poorly. Would explain why it looked like they tried to sneak it in. They basically didn't bother letting the player base know til the last minute after someone noticed it. Maybe they thought they could sneak it in, and it wouldn't cause any problems. It wound up causing problems, though. Lots and lots of problems.