[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Who's playing today, and how is the game running for you since the update?

Comments

• McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    Ever since the Thursday patch have been having major blue screen (aka computer resetting while playing TERA) issues several times a day.

I am not saying its 100% Xigncode but that is the only major update I have had and the last time I had these issues was 6+ months ago..

• SilentLogixSilentLogix ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    So you've updated the game and have been playing it. How is it running?

Are the bots gone? Are your FPS normal or better?

Has anyone asked how the game is running for people in global?

bots are still there
    fps is normal for me but I didn't allow xigncode to install at all
    game is deader than ever due to people not playing because either A ) they let xigncode install and [filtered] their computer up that could barely run tera in the first place or B ) too lazy to learn how to stop it from installing all together
  • I tried it last night and, *knock on wood*, experienced no slowdowns or issues so far. Of course, I only tested it in Highwatch. CPU usage appears the same when monitored using MSI Afterburner in game. Didn't even complain about me using SweetFX or Xpadder so they must be "white-listed". The driver is listed as "xxd-0.xem in Task Manager and uses about 1400K RAM so pretty minimal.

Still not liking it since I have no idea what it's scanning and what information it's collecting, plus it has already been proven to be totally ineffective so its presence is useless. Haven't quite decided yet if I'll continue with Tera. Luckily I set a restore point in Windows before installing the patch so removing this thing (and Tera) from my machine will be easy.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

bots are still there
    game is deader than ever due to people not playing because either A ) they let xigncode install and [filtered] their computer up that could barely run tera in the first place or B ) too lazy to learn how to stop it from installing all together

how did you stop it from installing with the patch?
  • yeah, I haven't been able to play Tera since the current patch. I can log into the launcher but when I press the play button I keep getting the "Error: 0111:0001"

always had a crappy connection for a USA player (150+ms / 3~5 fps) but at least it worked and I played daily... now I can't :-(

I just hope EME answers my support ticket and highly recommend anyone else having connection issues submits tickets too so we can all go back to playing ASAP
  • Don't think a support ticket would do any good in my case since I don't believe I was playing on a supported OS. At this point, I'm not willing to play on their servers unless they take out xigncode. I don't support forcing rootkits on the player base.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    after reading a post earlier this week about the xigncode maybe being in the new patch and what others said about it, and then reading from eme staff that they were putting it in, I didn't update or log into the game yet. im worried that it might make my laptop mess up. I don't have the skills to remove it or anything, also I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of having to do so. I guess I will just wait for eme to do something about this xigncode thing and I will go without playing tera until they get the bugs worked out.

Same here. Went back to another game I used to play. Tons of stuff to do, since I hadn't been on it in over a year.

I don't have faith in EME anymore, so not going to install something that is going to mess up my system. Even a few people having to do a restore is enough for me to walk away. It's nice to be able to do housework without worrying about getting afk kicked. LOL
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

bots are still there

Well, whatever you did, they'll probably get you eventually.

Hence why I don't think the bypasses will work indefinitely either. One day, they'll change something around, and suddenly, the bypasses will be outdated. Unless they are really lazy. It will just be a constant fight going forward.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

bots are still there

Well, whatever you did, they'll probably get you eventually.

Hence why I don't think the bypasses will work indefinitely either. One day, they'll change something around, and suddenly, the bypasses will be outdated. Unless they are really lazy. It will just be a constant fight going forward.

unless they are really lazy... looking back at the track record and how they removed the gold , and drops, and nerfed the gold from level 60 dailies due to bots, instead of stopping the bots to begin with, and how the cheaters with injectors and other hacks were and still are being used for so long, even around the old cm on a live stream, and nothing was really done about it, and now they finally implement some questionable software in the game to supposedly stop them. it seems like whenever people abuse the system , its the ones that are playing by the rules are the ones that suffer and the rule breakers still keep on keeping on. that's in the game and in real life. so I don't think its being lazy , I think people either do nothing or go to the extreme, and somewhere in between talk about it.
  • The game is still not running for me. Looks like it patched since last time I tried, but (as expected) still broken for us linux users. While I no longer think EME's xigncode is a rootkit, I still don't like it since it broke the game for us linux users (probably for the mac users too). :'(

At this rate I may have to go to TERA EU. Would be a shame to abandon my TERA NA characters. :'(
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    RandomElin wrote: »
    I still don't like it since it broke the game for us linux users (probably for the mac users too). :'(

I can confirm this, many people that I know using Mac OS and Linux cant play TERA without using a bypass.

Sadly I dont think there would be a fix for this as this game is not oficially supported for those plattforms.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    RandomElin wrote: »
    I still don't like it since it broke the game for us linux users (probably for the mac users too). :'(

I can confirm this, many people that I know using Mac OS and Linux cant play TERA without using a bypass.

Sadly I dont think there would be a fix for this as this game is not oficially supported for those plattforms.

I figured the bypass may work, but would rather not go that route. Basically, sounds like a good way to potentially get yourself banned for nothing more than trying to get the game to run. Would be nice if EME would specifically allow the bypass for those platforms.
  • I stopped playing and uninstalled Tera two days before the XIGNCODE patch dropped. I'll gladly come back when it's completely gone or replaced and not a moment sooner. In the meantime there are dozens upon dozens of other great games for me to enjoy for free.