[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I5 2400 8 gb everything works. Same fps, same gameplay (~95 on mid in dung, in open world more). The only crap with small delay while open bank/inventory/guild
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I5 2400 8 gb everything works. Same fps, same gameplay (~95 on mid in dung, in open world more). The only crap with small delay while open bank/inventory/guild

Yeah, even if I have no issues runing content (BGs or Dungeons), each time I open inventory, bank, wardrobe, pet bank or any kind of window from an storage source or merchant source I notice a small delay.
  • edited June 2018
    I came back to Tera maybe 3-4 days before this all dropped, The day it dropped I stopped playing.

I do not think XIGNCODE3 is a rootkit, I do not think it is malware, I do not think it is "spyware" anymore than it's intended purpose on looking for cheats.

I play 3 other MMO's and a load of FPS games, I'm pretty okay with anticheats.

I'm not okay with an anticheat from a company, who can't even fund a translator for their website, let alone to have someone versed in English proof read it.

There is 0 trust in a website who "feels" like it was hobbled together by some guy in VSCode in maybe 15 minutes with some dated graphics done in gimp.

EME obviously pay for this, but they paid someone unwilling to professionally author a website... So... just what is in this code?.

It's clearly pushing people to bypasses, and a large majority of those ARE Trojans and malware, how many of you are going to audit the code on these from their Git's? How many are Open Sourced to even check? How many of you people running proxies and bypasses are going hit support when your password gets mysteriously changed?.

How many of you got a raw .zip from a link on discord to a binary that's doing "God knows what" while you worry about XIGNCODE3?.

There's people in here wearing tin-foil hats SO thick we could shield ourselves from solar radiation for a millennia.

There are people in here clearly invested in the cheat tools, spreading the Malware/Rootkit lines, do you antagonists really think people are that stupid?.

One, is reciting every forum post "she" can find from every game under the sun, spewing wrong information about files not even included in the client, and behavior in no way exhibited by it.

EME, if you want us to take Tera seriously, be more serious.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well im my case with i5 2500k, 8gb and a 1060 6gb... This was the byebye for me.
    The only fun part about the game, for me, FWC and CS was destroyed by xing code HARD fps drop.

do you think i5 7500 gtx 1050 ti is better than i5 2500k gtx 1060 ? or it is the 2500k ?
  • edited June 2018
    Missguided wrote: »
    I came back to Tera maybe 3-4 days before this all dropped, The day it dropped I stopped playing.

I do not think XIGNCODE3 is a rootkit, I do not think it is malware, I do not think it is "spyware" anymore than it's intended purpose on looking for cheats.

I play 3 other MMO's and a load of FPS games, I'm pretty okay with anticheats.

I'm not okay with an anticheat from a company, who can't even fund a translator for their website, let alone to have someone versed in English proof read it.

There is 0 trust in a website who "feels" like it was hobbled together by some guy in VSCode in maybe 15 minutes with some dated graphics done in gimp.

EME obviously pay for this, but they paid someone unwilling to professionally author a website... So... just what is in this code?.

It's clearly pushing people to bypasses, and a large majority of those ARE Trojans and malware, how many of you are going to audit the code on these from their Git's? How many are Open Sourced to even check? How many of you people running proxies and bypasses are going hit support when your password gets mysteriously changed?.

How many of you got a raw .zip from a link on discord to a binary that's doing "God knows what" while you worry about XIGNCODE3?.

There's people in here wearing tin-foil hats SO thick we could shield ourselves from solar radiation for a millennia.

There are people in here clearly invested in the cheat tools, spreading the Malware/Rootkit lines, do you antagonists really think people are that stupid?.

One, is reciting every forum post "she" can find from every game under the sun, spewing wrong information about files not even included in the client, and behavior in no way exhibited by it.

EME, if you want us to take Tera seriously, be more serious.

I mean there is only one functional bypass and it was started by a beloved community modder who was banned by EME. Alongside a bunch of other modders who wanted to improved the game, but got banned.

• I mean there is only one functional bypass and it was started by a beloved community modder who was banned by EME. Alongside a bunch of other modders who wanted to improved the game, but got banned.

Google says there's FAR more than one.

I can find shady links to them in youtube comments, in this forum, in reddit, all on crazy sites like megaupload...

None have included checksums or hashes to check, you're all just blindly downloading stuff coz "Dude x says is cool yo!".

You trust some shady guys making trojans, more than you trust the people you pay for a game?.

That doesn't make sense on any level, to anyone.
  • 4MWWPH9LXE4MWWPH9LXE ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I mean there is only one functional bypass and it was started by a beloved community modder who was banned by EME. Alongside a bunch of other modders who wanted to improved the game, but got banned.

I can find shady links to them in youtube comments, in this forum, in reddit, all on crazy sites like megaupload...

None have included checksums or hashes to check, you're all just blindly downloading stuff coz "Dude x says is cool yo!".

You trust some shady guys making trojans, more than you trust the people you pay for a game?.

and eme trusts a shady site that provides a shady app that hogs ram like crazy and stops nothing,even cheat engine
    i can't even find a single reason for them to trust that app

and so comes the question,why we have a "software" that does nothing?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

it's on github so you can always inspect the code
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    The info I got was that Xingcode isn't really about in game cheaters at all. It's about cheating exploits and Xingcode is trying to find players using viruses through the game to grab player data. Something on the lines of the criminal activity with PUBG. You know, get players to download cheats/whatever which installs the trojan, so their system can be accessed etc.

Not sure if it's true, but that might be why Xingcode wants to take control and conflicts with anti-virus programs.
  • BindorBindor ✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    because your apps are supposedly faulting out and you supposed blue-screened. XIGNCODE doesn't do that. You were either negligent with your hard drive, altered or deleted something you weren't supposed to, or your hard drive has reached the end of its life.

There are posts claiming that some computers BSOD after xing starts up. Too many claims to chalk it up to people not knowing what they are doing. I've upgraded, feel free to troll me if you like, but i'm using several tools to try to see what xing is actually doing. Sad thing is it doesn't even seem to notice. For those of you who do read this, when xing runs on my computer it does not install any drivers or change my registry in any way. I'm not sure about others i can only speak for myself. When i use process explorer, xing is a child process directly tied to Tera. If i kill it, tera dies, which tells me the xing client has been embedded in the Tera framework directly vs being installed separately. It only runs and is invoked when the game is running. Also from my research it seems to bypass, if that is your thing, requires a specif version to hook into Tera. I could be reading things wrong but I don't know that there is a generic bypass for xing overall. There are people who claim to have one, but they want you to pay. Sounds fishy to me.

Someone else, i don't remember who, said that most of us already give away most of our information to the public net anyway on a daily basis, and i think if you do some research you'll be surprised at how much info you really do give away without knowing it.

I agree this whole thing boils down to transparency, trust, and usefulness. EME could have warned us up front about this, they could have at least acted like they heard the community to instill trust, but i guess not. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have bypassed xing, and there are plenty of videos out there to show it's real, so in the end we are asked to trust EME, in that they selected a partner for a product that doesn't really do what it says it does, and that we should trust a 3rd party, foreign company to be doing the right thing. That seems to be a stretch.

FYI, when i uninstalled tera, all traces of xing were gone. the only place on my computer i found anything xing was in BDO, and Tera and that all disappeared upon cleaning up. I've run registry comparisons and found nothing, zero, that relates to xing, but as i said others may have different experiences. At the end of the day, do your research, then make a decision on what you believe, who you trust, and how comfortable you are with the situation.
  • @Laemie Yea, me too I'm on Geforce Now for Mac and it shows the same problem
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    There's a LOT of misinformation and confusion in this thread, because the official information we have amounts to absolutely nothing. "We put it in to try to stop cheaters" is their entire statement. But the fact that it doesn't stop cheaters, and does significantly harm performance for many people has not been addressed at all. These massive forum posts are just people panicking because there is no information, same way 1000+ people started using cheats this week to bypass the thing. Nobody is worried about eme's response because they don't seem to respond to anything, so everyone can safely keep cheating and this game i enjoy and play a lot will keep getting worse for the few of us who still refuse to cheat.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Idk how stupid you should be to not give any comment to your action and allow this panic. Eme in my eyes dropped to state when I feel disgusted even think of them. Bold, not qualified and arrogant company. And idc if I get ban. Bunch of selfish admins who don't do stuff, rarely think but expect good attitude to them and count ppl as idiots. They deserv this description imo. The only exclusion is counterpoint who's not eme and ofc will come now to defend those loosers.
  • There's a LOT of misinformation and confusion in this thread, because the official information we have amounts to absolutely nothing.

To be honest, if EME had come out and said "Oh, we messed up", or "We didn't expect Xigncode3 to be an issue", I would be a disgruntled at their lack of foresight, but really, almost nothing they could reasonably say about the topic would make me angrier than the near complete silence we have been given.

More than anything, it is the lack of clear information and communication about this topic that makes me distrust and dislike EME more and more with each passing day. In my previous post, I already gave a few examples, but the issue extends to their actions even before Xigncode was implemented. Take for example, the changes to the privacy terms mentioned by KitTeaCup when she closed the previous thread - "in fact, you’ll have just seen our updated privacy terms that we’re ensuring XIGNCODE complies with as well".

The Privacy Policy claims "We'll notify you of material changes via a notice on our home page (www.enmasse.com) thirty days before they go into effect." As far as I can tell, that did not happen.

I will admit that it is possible that I was simply not looking in the right place. If anyone saw a notice about the update to privacy terms, please let me know.

On top of that, there seems to be no -official- statement about Xigncode3 prior to June 5th.

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    On top of that, there seems to be no -official- statement about Xigncode3 prior to June 5th.
    The worst part of this, is the official statement came as a response to a player calling them out publicly on it. Communication has never been eme's strong suit, and it looks like we're going down the road gameforge went down on EU a couple years ago.. hopefully en masse can figure it out soon™ before we wind up losing even more players...
This discussion has been closed.