[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    The worst part of this, is the official statement came as a response to a player calling them out publicly on it. Communication has never been eme's strong suit, and it looks like we're going down the road gameforge went down on EU a couple years ago.. hopefully en masse can figure it out soon™ before we wind up losing even more players...

After I heard Sean's "statement" on the friday stream, I've pretty much given up hope. That was a very, very sad moment. That came across as so oblivious and arrogant regarding community concerns that I can't imagine that they'll follow it up with anything substantial.

Although honestly, they should.
    From all I've gathered from the forums, there is a *slight* decline in players. Doesn't sound that bad, right? But then again, take into consideration that it also coincides with the very moment of a new content and gear patch, and that's traditionally when player numbers spike.
  • TomRipley wrote: »
    The worst part of this, is the official statement came as a response to a player calling them out publicly on it. Communication has never been eme's strong suit, and it looks like we're going down the road gameforge went down on EU a couple years ago.. hopefully en masse can figure it out soon™ before we wind up losing even more players...

After I heard Sean's "statement" on the friday stream, I've pretty much given up hope. That was a very, very sad moment. That came across as so oblivious and arrogant regarding community concerns that I can't imagine that they'll follow it up with anything substantial.

From all I've gathered from the forums, there is a *slight* decline in players. Doesn't sound that bad, right? But then again, take into consideration that it also coincides with the very moment of a new content and gear patch, and that's traditionally when player numbers spike.

From some of the reports I've seen, sounds like "slight decline" may be an understatement. I can't actually get the client to run now, so I can't get on a server to verify myself, though. You bring up a good point that normally the player base would be spiking about now. That it has actually dropped instead in quite telling.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RandomElin wrote: »
    From some of the reports I've seen, sounds like "slight decline" may be an understatement. I can't actually get the client to run now, so I can't get on a server to verify myself, though. You bring up a good point that normally the player base would be spiking about now. That it has actually dropped instead in quite telling.

I also can't verify if it's a slight decline or if more players have left, since I've uninstalled Tera shortly I've read about xigncode3. This is just my conclusion observing the forums and talking to the few friends that also haven't removed Tera.

I did want to make a point of a new content/gear not increasing players numbers significantly though, since I've read a few times already that a "slight decline" is nothing to worry about. And I agree that it likely wouldn't be if it weren't for the nature of the patch. New content is the one thing that traditionally gets "season players" to come back in droves.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »

I'm not worried about the decline in players, it doesn't bother me because that's just tera, those people will probably be back.. what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.
  • TomRipley wrote: »

I'm not worried about the decline in players, it doesn't bother me because that's just tera, those people will probably be back.. what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.

Talking about cheats, EME should really try implementing some so called quality of life cheats themselves as an added bonus type of thing for playing on TERA NA. Of course, they wouldn't be cheats if they were standard. I suspect that would cut down on more actual cheating than the xigncode rollout. Also, maybe it would cut down on all the cries of "poorly optimized".
    RandomElin wrote: »
    Talking about cheats, EME should really try implementing some so called quality of life cheats themselves as an added bonus type of thing for playing on TERA NA. Of course, they wouldn't be cheats if they were standard. I suspect that would cut down on more actual cheating than the xigncode rollout. Also, maybe it would cut down on all the cries of "poorly optimized".

I don't think eme is actually capable of that for the most part.. I think the best we could hope for from eme acting independently would be "stock" ini edits, or other minor things like that.
  • what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.

As an interesting side note, according to Google Trends, the search frequency for "Tera Proxy" is at its highest point since august of 2017, and the search frequency for "Xigncode3 Bypass" is at its highest point since 2015.

• RandomElin wrote: »
    TomRipley wrote: »

Also, in regard to the decline in players, a significant portion of the player base should (in theory at least) have had xigncode hammer the game experience for them. If they are leaving due to that and not wanting to cheat, I imaging they would be pretty leery about coming back if xigncode is still there.
  • RandomElin wrote: »

I don't think eme is actually capable of that for the most part.. I think the best we could hope for from eme acting independently would be "stock" ini edits, or other minor things like that.

I see your point. I wonder if they could make some kind of deal with the third party developers of some of the quality of life cheats. Not expecting them to, though.
  • what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.

As an interesting side note, according to Google Trends, the search frequency for "Tera Proxy" is at its highest point since august of 2017, and the search frequency for "Xigncode3 Bypass" is at its highest point since 2015.

I admit I googled both "tera proxy" and "xigncode3 bypass" since I was curious about that. Would rather not resort to that kind of thing to get the client to run due to potentially getting banned later over it. Talk about a disincentive to invest time and money into TERA NA. lol
    MistyTera wrote: »
    memes

can you stop spamming your barely coherent ranting? it's crowding up a thread which is full of actual discussions.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.

So, that means TERA have more players mow than other games that have included Xigncode since 2015?
  • My current opinion of TERA NA's xigncode is that it likely just runs as an admin level daemon alongside the TERA NA client. The problem is that it hammered the game experience for lots of players. I believe this is due to it being added after the player base was already established. If it had been included since the beginning, the player base would have been self selected to not have a problem with xigncode.

I do not like the notion of xigncode running as admin. If I understand correctly, some of the files it scans could be generated by regular users. What if some malicious code is able to exploit xigncode by creating a specially crafted file to gain admin access? Does anyone know if xigncode can be run as a regular user instead of as admin?
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    what DOES worry me is the HUGE spike in people cheating. It's not healthy for a game when most players consider a third-party cheat program to be required for play.

So, that means TERA have more players mow than other games that have included Xigncode since 2015?

Not necessarily. I think the sharp uptick in searches is due to the established nature of the player base at the time xigncode was introduced. Also, we don't know how many players searching for that info are actually using it to bypass xigncode.
This discussion has been closed.