[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Tera might be TOO EASY to enjoy and draw players in?

2

Comments

  • > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > So you're basically saying adapt or leave? I refuse, sorry.

    Sorry to say but eme/bhs will not change the game. All they care about is cash shop. By not adapting to tera gameplay only option you have is to quit because nothing will be changed just because you refuse. Your just one tadpole of many in the pond and nothing you say will sway eme to change the game. If that was the case we would have a better/stable version on console and PC would be better optimized also. As an above poster stated unless changes are made to ktera nothing will be changed or fixed on tera for western games because our version is just a money grab to support ktera nothing more.
  • Daaamn, a hella long post and all I get is deminishing responses.
    freonwolf wrote: »
    > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    >

    Sorry to say but eme/bhs will not change the game. All they care about is cash shop. By not adapting to tera gameplay only option you have is to quit because nothing will be changed just because you refuse. Your just one tadpole of many in the pond and nothing you say will sway eme to change the game. If that was the case we would have a better/stable version on console and PC would be better optimized also. As an above poster stated unless changes are made to KTera nothing will be changed or fixed on Tera for western games because our version is just a money grab to support KTera nothing more.

    Well Freon, what is your opinion on the matter? Do you play this game with the knowledge that nothing will be reverted? Or you just enjoy the game this way?
    By "one tadpole" I hope you mean me, OP, whoever said that agrees with this. We ain't a single person, we a group of people who decided to join this discussion

    People are silenced by the fact that they believe one person's opinion doesn't matter.
    I think if we managed to make this post large enough we would get a significant response.

    But if you like the way things are then I'll direct my attention to people who don't, haha!

    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > So you're basically saying adapt or leave? I refuse, sorry.

    If you insist of fighting the river you cant really complain on whats about to happen.

    Haha I'm a fighter. :P But nothing is about to happen lol, the "river" is a post that nobody will pay attention to.


    Anyone with different thoughts on the situation? I think the game has to have more layers than "EnMasse is just money grubby"

    Like I said in my earlier post, I know they are a business in the end, this is a ".com" not a ".org" for a reason, heh!
    But I do believe the game industry could use a lift in how they maintain communities. I think EnMasse loves their current playerbase, but doesn't know how to approach new customers to the game.
    Cuz lets be honest, when I saw the trailer I thought. "Blade n Soul meets WoW"
    Those 2 games already exist. I've played them both, and I'm not surprised with Tera's ideas so far (2 week old player, remember!).


    Look, I know this isn't revolutionary thinking, and I don't expect a lot of people to come with a response that's going to satisfy me. I know a lot of players are satisfied with the way the game is and would not want to change anything regarding this. I'm looking for someone who understands my point, for I understand your point. The game has been this way for a reason. It might remain this way for a reason. But maybe somewhere out there, one, two, maybe one hundred of you think the same way I do. And if you do. Maybe you should bump this post and make it happen.
  • > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > Daaamn, a hella long post and all I get is deminishing responses.
    > freonwolf wrote: »
    >
    > > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > >
    >
    > Sorry to say but eme/bhs will not change the game. All they care about is cash shop. By not adapting to tera gameplay only option you have is to quit because nothing will be changed just because you refuse. Your just one tadpole of many in the pond and nothing you say will sway eme to change the game. If that was the case we would have a better/stable version on console and PC would be better optimized also. As an above poster stated unless changes are made to KTera nothing will be changed or fixed on Tera for western games because our version is just a money grab to support KTera nothing more.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well Freon, what is your opinion on the matter? Do you play this game with the knowledge that nothing will be reverted? Or you just enjoy the game this way?
    > By "one tadpole" I hope you mean me, OP, whoever said that agrees with this. We ain't a single person, we a group of people who decided to join this discussion
    >
    > People are silenced by the fact that they believe one person's opinion doesn't matter.
    > I think if we managed to make this post large enough we would get a significant response.
    >
    > But if you like the way things are then I'll direct my attention to people who don't, haha!
    >
    > M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    >
    > > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > > So you're basically saying adapt or leave? I refuse, sorry.
    >
    > If you insist of fighting the river you cant really complain on whats about to happen.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Haha I'm a fighter. :P But nothing is about to happen lol, the "river" is a post that nobody will pay attention to.
    >
    >
    > Anyone with different thoughts on the situation? I think the game has to have more layers than "EnMasse is just money grubby"
    >
    > Like I said in my earlier post, I know they are a business in the end, this is a ".com" not a ".org" for a reason, heh!
    > But I do believe the game industry could use a lift in how they maintain communities. I think EnMasse loves their current playerbase, but doesn't know how to approach new customers to the game.
    > Cuz lets be honest, when I saw the trailer I thought. "Blade n Soul meets WoW"
    > Those 2 games already exist. I've played them both, and I'm not surprised with Tera's ideas so far (2 week old player, remember!).
    >
    >
    > Look, I know this isn't revolutionary thinking, and I don't expect a lot of people to come with a response that's going to satisfy me. I know a lot of players are satisfied with the way the game is and would not want to change anything regarding this. I'm looking for someone who understands my point, for I understand your point. The game has been this way for a reason. It might remain this way for a reason. But maybe somewhere out there, one, two, maybe one hundred of you think the same way I do. And if you do. Maybe you should bump this post and make it happen.

    Have you even played the PC version of tera. I say no because if you have been around as long as some of us (since alpha for me) than you would know that no matter how many views or comments this thread gets will not change anything. To answer your question yes I play the console version knowing nothing will be fixed or changed. Nothing has changed on the PC version so why should I believe they will change for console. Enmasse is just out for money they can not change a thing with the game without bhs approval which has not happened prior so don't expect any changes now. The only time changes are made is after changes have been made to ktera . do your homework you will notice this has been going on since tera release on PC. Eme ignores the community complaints and will stay silent. The only way console will be changed and be fixed is when sony/Microsoft force them to fix it. But that won't happen they will pull the servers before doing any major fixes. All fixes for PC were mainly done by the community but on console you don't have access to the game files for tweaking.
  • freonwolf wrote: »
    > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    Have you even played the PC version of tera. I say no because if you have been around as long as some of us (since alpha for me) than you would know that no matter how many views or comments this thread gets will not change anything. To answer your question yes I play the console version knowing nothing will be fixed or changed. Nothing has changed on the PC.....

    You make it sound like you play this game even thought you don't enjoy it.
    It sounds like you... like this game, but hate EnMasse.

    In response to your post. Nope, only played Ps4 version which is where I bring my ideas from, but dont diss me I've also been playing MMOs for many years, which is where I bring my previous thoughts from. I don't expect them to change all the things I suggest, but there is no way to make a system better for us if we don't look forward to changing it somehow.
    Clearing to me the futility of my attempts will not make me back down, yet. I must hear this from multiple EnMasse employees in order to actually believe this game is flopped.

    If when I get my responses that's the case then I'll take my leave and find some MMO who listens. Or has already a system in place, haha!
    But until then we can keep going back & forth about how EnMasse is greedy but can maybe, possibly.. change.


    Why not join me in making this post bigger? What's the worse that could happen? I mean you ARE paying attention to this post.
  • Thnx for your post! I enjoy playing this game with my sons however I miss out on most of the game due to not wanting to level to fast. I foolishly bought the founder pack because I wanted the wolf but since I researched the game I see no reason to get the other one I wanted.This game has a lot of great potential but with the companies lack of interest in expanding content and making purchases account bound ,their need to constantly throw experience boost out there I see no reason to invest anymore in the game. They could learn a little from ESO.
  • First off I skimmed most responses so to the op, I agree. Between my wife and I we've been through a lot of mmos. Throughout our time spent, I'm a heavy leveler to get to endgame and she enjoys the scenery. Playing this for a few days I would have to say that it is ridiculous the amount of time I spend quick traveling and not getting truly engulfed in the game. A huge part of what a true mmo should strive for. I feel like I just port click through missions without even getting the slightest hint of what I'm actually doing. I picked mystic for a somewhat more complex class and am usually a healer but I feel a lack of class specialization while grinding to end game that in previous games I would need, to use my abilities and hone my strengths to get there. Even in instances it seems like a rush for quick times rather than strategy and gameplay. I hope endgame is better but I see what you're saying for the in between. The girth of the game is just not there. I feel that there's a story there but in essence this mmo feels like they're just wanting you to skip right through to the end rather than enjoy the creativity and story line that may have been put there in the beginning.
  • AkiraYatsuAkiraYatsu ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I agree with GHT. I've been with my GF through a lot of MMOs as well, and I felt that the game allowed me too much ease of play.
    GHTM4XCKJM wrote: »
    ...I feel like I just port click through missions without even getting the slightest hint of what I'm actually doing. I picked mystic for a somewhat more complex class and am usually a healer but I feel a lack of class specialization while grinding to end game that in previous games I would need, to use my abilities and hone my strengths to get there...
    Even in instances it seems like a rush for quick times rather than strategy and gameplay. I hope endgame is better but I see what you're saying for the in between. The girth of the game is just not there.

    Haha! I also picked a support class to enable me to have a handicap since I figured "Hey, there's always those kids who just button mash, right?"
    It wasn't bad at all, my priest smoothly got to level 60. Now I'm just running the instances till 65, which is hella easy considering people with 150 extra armor rating can come and LITERALLY face tank everything without even healing.

    I also wanted to add that I realize now we were in an EXP event, plus I had elite status for 15 days which in turn allowed me to become quite the insane leveler after I got my EXP boost from finishing a few questlines completely... Which was ...very, VERY BORING AS A LEVEL 40 IN 20 AREAS, but that's in the past.

    I'm kind of thinking all of this might just die off eventually after the game has progressed a little bit.
    I also decided to give it a try to the PC version since Freon mentioned it, I decided "Why not?" Its simple, I'll test run the game without any EXP boons whatsoever. That might make me change my mind! Thanks Freon.


  • ELPMGWWKGC wrote: »
    > @MD4EEW6RDN said:
    > Allow me to preface this by saying I am not talking about the Raids or boss fights therein; I am referring to the gameplay as a whole. I also do not want this post to appear to be crying for Tera to turn into Vanilla WoW, but it is the most well-known example for me to base things on.
    >
    > I think my main complaint will be about experience gain and the Daily Vanguard Missions. I love playing the game, doing side quests, and getting involved in the story. Tera has a great one to tell. But it seems like doing all the side quests, or even just sticking to story missions, you out-level and out-scale the zones too quickly to stick around doing anything. By the time I'm really getting into a zone and learning what's going on in the area, I'm already late in moving to the next one, and I haven't completed 10% of the available mission. I feel like I'm being forced to fly towards end-game without be allowed the chance to just enjoy playing the game. You just teleport around turning stuff in, and the Gear Rewards from all the Dailys are equivalent to the Raid Gear, so there's no point trying to farm the latter. Even if you take the time to farm the Raid Gear, you level so much by the time you get it, it's useless. Back in Vanilla Wow, most of the basic missions felt like Raids you had to gather friends and plan a night for. You all had to get the quest, group up, and walk across the map together for an hour to find the place. It took a while to do, required some teamwork to avoid dying a lot, and felt really rewarding by the time you got to turn it it. And the little green dagger you found on the trip felt like an insane DPS boost. By no means do I think Tera should be quite that difficult to play and progress through, but at least stop throwing rewards and levels at us like they're going out of style. Make us actually earn something to feel pride in. Lvl 65 should feel like an accomplishment and reward after a month or so, not a requirement after 3 days of gameplay. The Raids should feel like a major undertaking for players that have built up a lot of individual strength and want to test themselves as a group, not feel like the only challenging aspect of the game.
    >
    > Someone else may be able to state this better, I'm not very eloquent, but I believe the ideology of my beliefs are apparent. I'm not a programmer, so I don't really know HOW to go about correcting this, but the simplest thing to think would be to reduce all exp gains by 30% or so, remove Daily Vanguard crap that give insane rewards, and remove some of the teleporting around. Anyone else agree or have similar ideas? I know I'm rambling and jumping around a lot, and for that I apologize. I have a scattered mind and it cost me greatly in school. I guess a TL;DR for this would be Tera throws so much at you so fast, it's impossible to slow down and really get involved with the game.

    Ooooh great sooo on top of ssss luck with RGN with feedstock pretty much enchanting and anything that includes RGN you also what this game to take up to 2 weeks to level up one character so making people not to want to make more characters because if we get bored level up just 3 characters not quick because this still takes me about a week sorry I don't no life the game, it's pretty much gonna suck out the fun or the want to level up multiple characters.

    MY SUGGESTION IS STOP NO LIFING THE GAME GO THROUGH THE STORY LINE QUEST ONLY TO GAIN XP WITH OUT BEING ELITE OR DOUBLE XP AND I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOUR WISH WILL COME TRUE

    I get 3 days a week where I can sit and play for 2 - 1/2 or 3 hours. That's it. I'm not no-life-ing. I do nothing but the story quests since I don't have much time to play. I still feel like 80+% of the map and game are wasted and useless. I'm always over-leveled, despite doing nothing but talking to quest givers. Talking to quest givers for 3 days, then "Ping! You're max level, start grinding Raids now", just isn't very fulfilling. I'd understand if this was Guild Wars and there were (basically) no quests, just PvP and Raids by design, but this is Tera; with massive map, tons of available missions, and some really great story lines buried down in there, if it would actually send you there and let you learn about them. What's the point of having all that in the game if only 1/1,000 people are willing to go check it out on their own, since you get nothing from it but info and "wasted time"?
  • Asylsson wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand...I'm not elite and even then I gain waaaaaay too much EXP. Truth is, as much as I sometimes would like to take dungeon twice, I cannot do it because it could overlevel me for the next dungeon...
    Yeah Double XP may cause this to happen but I'm not waiting till the end of the event to play.

    About the time you need to pex your Alts, imo this is way too quick too. There are people who manage to reach max level on 2-3 classes within a weekend. And sorry but your argument about people not wanting to create Alts because of more time investement is bull****. I've seen it in other games.

    There are 2 main purposes for Alts. 1 being; If you're not overly social and can't mastercraft both weapons and armor, or need a toon for enchanting or another ability. 2 being; after so much time on 1 toon, you're eventually gonna get bored. The Alt gives you a new toon with new equipment and a new playstyle to make up for that.
    There are plenty more reasons, and I guess these being the main 2 are my opinion, but yeah, I definitely agree with you. I'd actually love to take a poll of Tera players with at least +12 TwistHard (when you find out who's really serious about the game and who doesn't really care) and see how many do have Alts vs how many DON'T have Alts. I'd be willing to bet that 95% either have an Alt, or plan on making one very soon.
  • freonwolf wrote: »
    > @XW7FN633G3 said:
    > So you're basically saying adapt or leave? I refuse, sorry.

    Sorry to say but eme/bhs will not change the game. All they care about is cash shop. By not adapting to tera gameplay only option you have is to quit because nothing will be changed just because you refuse. Your just one tadpole of many in the pond and nothing you say will sway eme to change the game. If that was the case we would have a better/stable version on console and PC would be better optimized also. As an above poster stated unless changes are made to ktera nothing will be changed or fixed on tera for western games because our version is just a money grab to support ktera nothing more.

    While you make a great general point, EME/BHS have changed the game before. The purpose of these forums is to request changes if needed, and try to garner enough support for EME/BHS to listen. Trouble is, we're all always gonna disagree on something, so usually nothing comes from this. Instead of people just arguing about why they themselves want the game to be either way, we need to try to get some suggestions out that most people can agree too, or at least out there in a way we can work together to improve the game. In the spirit of this, I'm gonna make a new thread, and try to word it that way. The way you state yourself, you seem level-headed and base your stuff off history and pretty factually, so agree or disagree, I hope to see you there. I think you could help keep the new thread on the right track. As well as several others in this thread, but I'm not gonna go call everyone out by name lol
  • @MD4EEW6RDN
    I agree! The Forums used to be places where changes took place, and (In some communities with a lower-than-average toxicity rate) actually GMs listened, and actively helped things happen. Not that it isn't the case in here mind you (been in like 10 posts only, read like 30).
    Nowadays its all smoke and shadows, we don't know what they do and if we ever know its a limited amount of information released at the just right length to stop the fools from asking.
    I myself took on the opportunity to go into the game and find out what people think.

    Almost everyone I've asked (Which should b around 50 people) does not care about questing in this game, they think the story is poor, unpolished and basically boring. NOW THIS IS IN CELESTIAL HILLS, AN RP SERVER.

    People would rather take 11 hours to reach level 65, than to take a few weeks enjoying your game, learning the mechanics properly and grinding good things like Fashion coupons and just... basically getting to know others.

    This is sad, but not bad.

    But the community is full of love, and fun people.
    I think we are all still here because we enjoy the people we talk to in Tera, and of course the action.
    But I believe there is not more than 5% of players who are still here because ONLY of amazing mechanics and sexy sprites.

    So I think this game would have a HELLA lot more players if the game focused on polishing the level-up experience.
    Not because we can't play for long and it takes us a thousand years to get to 65. (Because you already make leveling fun), but because we want the experience of enjoying a story. The leveling part brings people together, even more if you do those [filtered] bonuses for parties even if they are not in the same area. (Helps to make connections)

    And plus if you made the beggining of the game SICK you could totally make a lot more bucks, and players. The judgement of anything goes for the earliest stages and I disagree when you talk about Tera and say the game doesn't get a chance. In a generalized perspective, kids don't care, they never have. They will jump into the next game and diss the next forums just as bad.

    But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
  • > @AkiraYatsu said:
    > @MD4EEW6RDN
    > I agree! The Forums used to be places where changes took place, and (In some communities with a lower-than-average toxicity rate) actually GMs listened, and actively helped things happen. Not that it isn't the case in here mind you (been in like 10 posts only, read like 30).
    > Nowadays its all smoke and shadows, we don't know what they do and if we ever know its a limited amount of information released at the just right length to stop the fools from asking.
    > I myself took on the opportunity to go into the game and find out what people think.
    >
    > Almost everyone I've asked (Which should b around 50 people) does not care about questing in this game, they think the story is poor, unpolished and basically boring. NOW THIS IS IN CELESTIAL HILLS, AN RP SERVER.
    >
    > People would rather take 11 hours to reach level 65, than to take a few weeks enjoying your game, learning the mechanics properly and grinding good things like Fashion coupons and just... basically getting to know others.
    >
    > This is sad, but not bad.
    >
    > But the community is full of love, and fun people.
    > I think we are all still here because we enjoy the people we talk to in Tera, and of course the action.
    > But I believe there is not more than 5% of players who are still here because ONLY of amazing mechanics and sexy sprites.
    >
    > So I think this game would have a HELLA lot more players if the game focused on polishing the level-up experience.
    > Not because we can't play for long and it takes us a thousand years to get to 65. (Because you already make leveling fun), but because we want the experience of enjoying a story. The leveling part brings people together, even more if you do those [filtered] bonuses for parties even if they are not in the same area. (Helps to make connections)
    >
    > And plus if you made the beggining of the game SICK you could totally make a lot more bucks, and players. The judgement of anything goes for the earliest stages and I disagree when you talk about Tera and say the game doesn't get a chance. In a generalized perspective, kids don't care, they never have. They will jump into the next game and diss the next forums just as bad.
    >
    > But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

    Interesting post. I actually like the story (especially for an mmo) but when I'm level 50 and I haven't even heard about Anya or the tree since level 10 and that was such a big deal on the starter island...
  • AkiraYatsuAkiraYatsu ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks @KingBowie :)
    I try to make sure my point is coming across without sounding defensive. Online disinhibition is something very real = =;

    Although the whole [filtered] with Anya was great, I think it was only meant to give you an excuse to hate the Argons. It worked though, poor Anya :c
    Now if only the rest of the story had the same conceptual force... :+1:
  • AkiraYatsu wrote: »
    Thanks @KingBowie :)
    I try to make sure my point is coming across without sounding defensive. Online disinhibition is something very real = =;

    Although the whole [filtered] with Anya was great, I think it was only meant to give you an excuse to hate the Argons. It worked though, poor Anya :c
    Now if only the rest of the story had the same conceptual force... :+1:

    Anya and that entire start experience was new and changed from what it was before when you started at the Island of Dawn with the First Expedition. They completely changed the start to the game 3x since it's release and made the old start area lv 65 only.
  • AkiraYatsu wrote: »
    @MD4EEW6RDN
    I agree! The Forums used to be places where changes took place, and (In some communities with a lower-than-average toxicity rate) actually GMs listened, and actively helped things happen. Not that it isn't the case in here mind you (been in like 10 posts only, read like 30).
    Nowadays its all smoke and shadows, we don't know what they do and if we ever know its a limited amount of information released at the just right length to stop the fools from asking.
    I myself took on the opportunity to go into the game and find out what people think.

    Almost everyone I've asked (Which should b around 50 people) does not care about questing in this game, they think the story is poor, unpolished and basically boring. NOW THIS IS IN CELESTIAL HILLS, AN RP SERVER.

    People would rather take 11 hours to reach level 65, than to take a few weeks enjoying your game, learning the mechanics properly and grinding good things like Fashion coupons and just... basically getting to know others.

    This is sad, but not bad.

    But the community is full of love, and fun people.
    I think we are all still here because we enjoy the people we talk to in Tera, and of course the action.
    But I believe there is not more than 5% of players who are still here because ONLY of amazing mechanics and sexy sprites.

    So I think this game would have a HELLA lot more players if the game focused on polishing the level-up experience.
    Not because we can't play for long and it takes us a thousand years to get to 65. (Because you already make leveling fun), but because we want the experience of enjoying a story. The leveling part brings people together, even more if you do those [filtered] bonuses for parties even if they are not in the same area. (Helps to make connections)

    And plus if you made the beggining of the game SICK you could totally make a lot more bucks, and players. The judgement of anything goes for the earliest stages and I disagree when you talk about Tera and say the game doesn't get a chance. In a generalized perspective, kids don't care, they never have. They will jump into the next game and diss the next forums just as bad.

    But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

    I'm really liking the way you say things. And I'm beginning to agree. The more I get into end-game, the more I'm understanding a lot of the setup and features of the early game, but it still leaves that story bit missing. I don't think I can come up with a suggestion to make it more involved or in-depth without suggesting slowing the leveling just a bit. The Story that's there is really good, if they had enough draw into it to make people pay attention, or let you get all the way through it. I can't get passed thinking they could solve it easily by simply shifting rewards into story missions or something. I'm also beginning to think the community just doesn't care like I do, and I'm gonna be stuck starting over, again, when Vanilla WoW (hopefully) reaches console :(
Sign In or Register to comment.