[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• Bindor wrote: »
    For those of you who do read this, when xing runs on my computer it does not install any drivers or change my registry in any way. I'm not sure about others i can only speak for myself.

Same here.
    When i use process explorer, xing is a child process directly tied to Tera. If i kill it, tera dies, which tells me the xing client has been embedded in the Tera framework directly vs being installed separately. It only runs and is invoked when the game is running.

Seeing the same behavior here. So far, on my system, Xigncode is being rather well behaved. Still don't like it obviously since I have no idea what data it's collecting (even though I don't use my gaming PC for anything sensitive).
    I agree this whole thing boils down to transparency, trust, and usefulness. EME could have warned us up front about this, they could have at least acted like they heard the community to instill trust, but i guess not. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have bypassed xing, and there are plenty of videos out there to show it's real, so in the end we are asked to trust EME, in that they selected a partner for a product that doesn't really do what it says it does, and that we should trust a 3rd party, foreign company to be doing the right thing. That seems to be a stretch.

Well said, agree completely.
    FYI, when i uninstalled tera, all traces of xing were gone. I've run registry comparisons and found nothing, zero, that relates to xing, but as i said others may have different experiences.

Again, seeing the same behavior on my PC. Xigncode seems to exist only in the Tera binaries folder. Nothing relating to xhunter1.sys and no registry entries.
  • MistyTera wrote: »
    Since XIGNCODE has been embedded in the Tera framework directly vs being installed separately. I might give it go? Yet, I'm a bit paranoid from past experiences with XIGNCODE! Now that I remember the name! XIGNCODE is such a mess at times! Seeing people with problems on forums, just adds more paranoid to even try. I'm not going there again! I think you can understand my discern, if you were me.

Set a restore point in Windows before running the new patch. That way if you find you have problems, just roll back. No harm done.
  • Kinoshi wrote: »
    MistyTera wrote: »
    Since XIGNCODE has been embedded in the Tera framework directly vs being installed separately. I might give it go? Yet, I'm a bit paranoid from past experiences with XIGNCODE! Now that I remember the name! XIGNCODE is such a mess at times! Seeing people with problems on forums, just adds more paranoid to even try. I'm not going there again! I think you can understand my discern, if you were me.

Set a restore point in Windows before running the new patch. That way if you find you have problems, just roll back. No harm done.

Unless it trashes the system so bad it needs a reinstall. Chances of that probably aren't that great, though. I suspect the typical player will just get degraded performance. If you are on linux or mac, the chances of getting the client to run with xigncode are pretty much zero. I finally registered with TERA EU. I think I'll wait to see what happens with the maintenance tomorrow to decide if I will migrate to TERA EU, though.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »
    The worst part of this, is the official statement came as a response to a player calling them out publicly on it. Communication has never been eme's strong suit, and it looks like we're going down the road gameforge went down on EU a couple years ago.. hopefully en masse can figure it out soon™ before we wind up losing even more players...

After I heard Sean's "statement" on the friday stream, I've pretty much given up hope. That was a very, very sad moment. That came across as so oblivious and arrogant regarding community concerns that I can't imagine that they'll follow it up with anything substantial.

Although honestly, they should.
    From all I've gathered from the forums, there is a *slight* decline in players. Doesn't sound that bad, right? But then again, take into consideration that it also coincides with the very moment of a new content and gear patch, and that's traditionally when player numbers spike.

Kind of reminds me of when he made a comment that we get too much stuff for free. I think arrogant is the correct word to use.
    xhunter1 is old version. I don't know? It seems like it is. Yet, something is causing a conflict for some people! I showed that a .xem file caused a problem. It's called xcoronahost.xem. Also I basically explained everything in one post on how XIGNCODE can behave and accidentally cause an error or BSOD as much as I can fathom.

It's always linked to kernel files. If you haven't discovered that already?

Thanks for all of your hard work. I think with all of this information, people can blame themselves if they update Tera and something happens. You've done pretty much all you can do.

I'm just waiting for Wellbia to get a rogue employee. I will make popcorn and watch the carnage. I also wonder how Xingcode is so easily bypassed when it's trying so hard for total control. Maybe the bypasses will become corrupt, and then comes judgement day. They'll say that's what we get for trying to make peace with the north. Of course, that will still be better than the servers full of kids waiting to get carried in dungeons. Don't mess up too many systems EME or those moms will come out of hiding to get you!
  • Christin wrote: »
    TomRipley wrote: »
    The worst part of this, is the official statement came as a response to a player calling them out publicly on it. Communication has never been eme's strong suit, and it looks like we're going down the road gameforge went down on EU a couple years ago.. hopefully en masse can figure it out soon™ before we wind up losing even more players...

After I heard Sean's "statement" on the friday stream, I've pretty much given up hope. That was a very, very sad moment. That came across as so oblivious and arrogant regarding community concerns that I can't imagine that they'll follow it up with anything substantial.

Although honestly, they should.
    From all I've gathered from the forums, there is a *slight* decline in players. Doesn't sound that bad, right? But then again, take into consideration that it also coincides with the very moment of a new content and gear patch, and that's traditionally when player numbers spike.

Kind of reminds me of when he made a comment that we get too much stuff for free. I think arrogant is the correct word to use.
    xhunter1 is old version. I don't know? It seems like it is. Yet, something is causing a conflict for some people! I showed that a .xem file caused a problem. It's called xcoronahost.xem. Also I basically explained everything in one post on how XIGNCODE can behave and accidentally cause an error or BSOD as much as I can fathom.

It's always linked to kernel files. If you haven't discovered that already?

Thanks for all of your hard work. I think with all of this information, people can blame themselves if they update Tera and something happens. You've done pretty much all you can do.

I'm just waiting for Wellbia to get a rogue employee. I will make popcorn and watch the carnage. I also wonder how Xingcode is so easily bypassed when it's trying so hard for total control. Maybe the bypasses will become corrupt, and then comes judgement day. They'll say that's what we get for trying to make peace with the north. Of course, that will still be better than the servers full of kids waiting to get carried in dungeons. Don't mess up too many systems EME or those moms will come out of hiding to get you!

Doesn't sound like TERA NA's xingcode is trying for total control, though. I believe it is just running as an admin level daemon alongside the client. It does look like a security hole to me, though. That kind of thing should not be running with admin privileges.

As for the bypass, if I understand right, it basically replaces xingcode. Think of it as an xingcode emulator that doesn't actually do anything but allow the game client to run.
  • edited June 2018
    Why is the clear cheat still posting other peoples problems from BDO like it's proven fact for Tera?.

Why aren't admins in here locking down that account that's clearly against this whole thing because they stand to lose from it.

The shallow repeating rants laced with gif's and other people pictures are tantamount to admission.

If XIGNCODE3 didn't stop me playing, this cheater trying her best to bend you all to her "OMG THEY GONNA BLOCK THE HACK I PAID FOR" mentality would have.

It got old, fast.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Missguided wrote: »
    Why is the clear cheat still posting other peoples problems from BDO like it's proven fact for Tera?.

Why aren't admins in here locking down that account that's clearly against this whole thing because they stand to lose from it.

The shallow repeating rants laced with gif's and other people pictures are tantamount to admission.

If XIGNCODE3 didn't stop me playing, this cheater trying her best to bend you all to her "OMG THEY GONNA BLOCK THE HACK I PAID FOR" mentality would have.

It got old, fast.

xigncode does not block any hacks or cheats, at all. zero. none. i don't know why they're spamming, but that's not the reason.
  • Well, since I can't login to the game at all because of this garbage, I decided to go see if it even legal to install and run it on our machines without our knowledge or consent. Turns out it isn't legal in Canada, so far: https://www.cwilson.com/casl-update-installing-a-computer-program-without-consent-is-now-illegal/
  • PeorthPeorth ✭✭
    Sorry to pop your cherry, but that law is only for drive by installs of browser bars such as alexa crap.

Xigncode as anti-cheat part of tera is not a separate program but now a part of tera, therefore not affected by that law. It's part of the core service of providing the game to you. It's not a tacked on drive-by download unrelated to tera.
  • Doesn't matter. They can install it, but they are required by law to ASK FIRST. The only exception is if it's part of an update, but you must be able to hit an update button. Tera doesn't have that. It's all automated.
  • IS not an anti cheat. Just an fps killer.
    I can cheat if i want to, even with NO xingcode bypass.
    Proxys meters and Cheat engine stil work just as before.

• I can confirm. Xigncode still here after maintenance. Have the IMS queues recovered, or are they still on the dead side?
This discussion has been closed.