[PC] We will be entering into server maintenance on 8/22 at 6am PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• I dont get it. Some of u are literally admitting that u guys been using malicious third party programs.
    U said xigncode didnt do anything against the malicious programs, and yet some of u already succumbed.
    Unable to access the game, game crashing, blue screen of death, etc.

I just logged in today. No bots in velika. Did my 16 dailies vg quest.
    Laggy as usual. Same ol' same ol'.

Back in the days where BnS were using gameguard, people were complaining about the anti-cheat software because normal players were having trouble logging in because their logins were put on queue. Meanwhile the pvp arena were filled to the brim with bots, and bot trains can be seen in practically in every other dungeon instances. Their complaint at that time were legit.

But here, in Tera forum? What do u mean that u can bypass xigncode and still use exploit cheat engine and whatnot? What the F that supposed to mean??
    :scream:
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    But here, in Tera forum? What do u mean that u can bypass xigncode and still use exploit cheat engine and whatnot? What the F that supposed to mean??
    I would think what they are trying to say is xigncode isn't doing crap to stop cheating and 3rd party software in the game. they are also saying that they have to use 3rd party software to bypass xigncode and xigncode isn't picking that up either.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in today. No bots in velika.

Which server is this? Here on CH, the amount of bots DOUBLED, as if they're doing it just to spite the recent measures.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    RandomElin wrote: »
    I finally registered with TERA EU. I think I'll wait to see what happens with the maintenance tomorrow to decide if I will migrate to TERA EU, though.

I think EU TERA Gameforge knows what's up! And they reported XIGNCODE as potentially harmful/malware, since XIGNCODE'S kernel mode driver's installation isn't communicated properly, and it's clearly going out of scope for an anti-cheating tool.

GF_Employee_on_Xigncode.PNG

The data law and other problems with XIGNCODE, hmmm, they know what's UP! That makes sense! Since Gameforge knows, why doesn't Enmasse realize the problems with XIGNCODE?

Gameforge has used Xigncode3, just not for Tera [yet]. Person you're quoting I believe is just a forum moderator, and not someone with any real authority. It's also not illegal in regards to European laws, because again, Gameforge uses it as well as other European publishers.

Even though I know it's a hobby of yours, you should still avoid spreading false information.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    I give it a few more days until this gets passed by and ppl will move on to another issue to complain about.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    I give it a few more days until this gets passed by and ppl will move on to another issue to complain about.

Seems to me like that is exactly what EME (or maybe BHS) is hoping for.

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, it seems like the employees may have been told not to discuss Xigncode3 at all. They talked about it for a few days, then suddenly went dead silent. Even the ones who seemed willing to discuss have just completely ignored any mention of Xigncode3.

For example, KitTeaCup said, when closing the previous discussion thread, “…if you want to have a productive conversation about the situation at hand, I and my teammates are happy to talk…”

Here we are, several days later, and there have been posts from EME employees involving pretty much every player concern except this one.

Which begs the question, @KitTeaCup, you said you and your teammates would be happy to talk, so where are you?

As far as I'm concerned, it is rather difficult to have a productive conversation with a wall.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

Seems to me like that is exactly what EME (or maybe BHS) is hoping for.

Yeah, that's very likely what's going to happen. I mean, after all, all the staff has to do is nothing, which is a fairly easy task.

So we have a program we can't be sure how it'll impact our system or running of the game, unless we try it ourselves. Apparently the latest patch was about fixing some xigncode issues, but due to lack of communication, we don't know which ones. I've even joined their discord to check if there's any further info, since Sean mentioned he's more active over there, but nada.

So personally, all I can go by is experiences described by other users. And according to that, my potato most likely won't get along with xigncode at all. I'm not even sure how to properly remove it should I try out by myself if Tera still runs for me. Again, would have to rely on what other users write, and that's contradictory info at best.

So all in all, it's better be safe than sorry for me.

I'm really very disappointed in the total radio silence from staff.
    There's no info on fixes, no info on issues. At the very least, Linux and Mac users should have gotten a heads up whether or not they can hope to ever be able to play the game again.
  • edited June 2018
    Ever read the poem "First They Came" by Martin Niemöller?

That is not something i should EVER be reminded about when discussing a game.

Edit: In retrospect, I should clarify. I am comparing the playerbase to the narrator. There are other, more offensive ways that my comment could be taken. I'm simply saying that far, far too many people just think "I'm not on mac or linux, and I'm not having computor problems, so its not MY problem".
  • In the least, xigncode is very bad PR for TERA NA. I think I saw discussion on reddit that TERA NA basically had half their player base go up in smoke over this. Even if not true, it is not good for TERA NA that that is the impression some people have. I believe I even saw one reddit comment referring to TERA NA's status as being on life support.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

Or a lot of players have taken it upon themselves to "fix" the issue.
  • Kinoshi wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

Or a lot of players have taken it upon themselves to "fix" the issue.

More people "cheating", less people playing. Really seems like one of those "what could possibly go wrong" scenarios doesn't it.
  • Xerses wrote: »
    been almost a week now without any responses from eme so I guess that is their way of saying it is our way or no way, get over it.

On a better note, can not wait to play Anthem, Spider-man, Red Dead 2, and a list full of other good games coming out soon. Kingdom Hearts 3 hype, TLOU 2, Days Gone, Skull and Bones(shits on Sea of Thieves), Ghost of Tsushima, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed(which does not look interesting at all but will play just for the name) Gears 5, Halo Infinite. There are so many great games coming and best of all none of them are tied to EME or BHS

Could be their way of saying "our way or no way" without actually saying it. What I mean is, maybe they still want to leave their options in regard to xigncode open. If, in response to the uproar about it that occurred when it became apparent that xigncode was breaking the game experience for many players, they outright said that they would not remove it, they would be boxing themselves in more in regard to xigncode. However, even it they remove it now, I fear the damage has already been done. There is no reason to believe that players who moved to an xigncode-free TERA server or even a different MMO are going to come flocking back if EME removes xigncode.
  • RandomElin wrote: »

What I mean is, maybe they still want to leave their options in regard to xigncode open. If, in response to the uproar about it that occurred when it became apparent that xigncode was breaking the game experience for many players, they outright said that they would not remove it, they would be boxing themselves in more in regard to xigncode.

Even something like "We are aware of the issues surrounding Xigncode3, and we are investigating our options. We will keep you updated on further plans involving Xigncode3" would go a long way, at least for me.
  • RandomElin wrote: »

What I mean is, maybe they still want to leave their options in regard to xigncode open. If, in response to the uproar about it that occurred when it became apparent that xigncode was breaking the game experience for many players, they outright said that they would not remove it, they would be boxing themselves in more in regard to xigncode.

Even something like "We are aware of the issues surrounding Xigncode3, and we are investigating our options. We will keep you updated on further plans involving Xigncode3" would go a long way, at least for me.

I agree with you. Something like that may have convinced me to put off uninstalling TERA NA for longer. At this point, I no longer have it installed.
This discussion has been closed.