XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• Hi everyone,

XIGNCODE3 was taken on for a number of reasons. One of those being cheaters and malignant hackers. Our version is custom built for us and is a work in progress, and we're trying to improve it.

Please know we're working on an FAQ for those that may have issues with XIGNCODE3. If you're having issues, please write in a ticket or if you want to bypass us, write directly to Wellbia!
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

XIGNCODE3 was taken on for a number of reasons. One of those being cheaters and malignant hackers. Our version is custom built for us and is a work in progress, and we're trying to improve it.

Please know we're working on an FAQ for those that may have issues with XIGNCODE3. If you're having issues, please write in a ticket or if you want to bypass us, write directly to Wellbia!

Hey KTC, not to be a debby downer, but several people have mentioned they have emailed Wellbia since the update, and still haven't heard back. It's also able to be found around the internet that they are notorious for not replying, as some of these users have mentioned previously.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

nice joke!

just shows how connected you are to the game thank you very much
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sounds like it would have made sense for EME to have beta tested xigncode on a new server before rolling it out to the others. Likely wouldn't have avoided all the problems, though.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    Hi everyone,

Hi KitTeaCup,

what are the reasons?
    Obviously, it's not preventing any cheats, since the forums and your official discord offer plenty of advice for bypassing it. Others report that it doesn't stop ini changes, dps meters and so on. So what exactly is it detecting?

Also, in which ways does xigncode impact performance? My PC was barely able to handle Tera so far, any more "stress" would kill it for me.

Also, what exactly is xigncode accessing? What goes into the reports sent?

And why didn't you respond up until now and still don't go into details?
    Shouldn't you instead be up front and calm us with your confidence in xigncode instead of extended radio silence?

Other than that I think people before my have mentioned it already: contacting Wellbia only yields bot answers of little help.

And what about Linux and Mac users? They seem to be shut out of Tera completely as of now.

PS I do like how you've snuck in "bypass" in your post. I admit I chuckled. ;)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »
    And what about Linux and Mac users? They seem to be shut out of Tera completely as of now.

I also want to know about the stance from EME about Linux and Mac users. By far most of them are the ones who need to bypass Xigncode to be able to run TERA.

I know TERA is not officially supported for those OS but several people don't like Microsoft software performance and its cost.
  • XersesXerses ✭✭✭✭
    XIGNCODE3 bypass

I see what you did there
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

il made the game more laggy XD
  • you can improve it by removing it all together. it's far more trouble than it's worth.you've actually increased the amount of hackers, and decreased the already shaky trust your customers have in you. you messed up. own it and remove it. Pretty much EVERY person that I've spoken too about it that's still playing has just plan bypassed it. No one wants it. It's useless, worthless and we don't trust it or you.

All you've done is make innocent players on OS's other than windows unable to play, you've actually killed one of my SSD's and I had to get a new one to reinstall Tera after I got a BSOD during the Xigncode3 load up on patch day That rendered that drive completely unreadable.. Absolutely ZERO of the hackers have been stopped in anyway shape or form. You've further slowed down the game for many people, including myself. I've lost an average of 5 to 10 fps depending on location. The game crashes more now giving me much more memory errors. You've done nothing but hinder your players ability to play and not solved virtually any of the problems you set out to do.

You failed hard. I've put up with a lot of BS from you guys since launch day 6 years ago because I really enjoyed playing this game. but slowly over time you and BHS keep taking out what was fun about the game. Now it's like you desperately want your player base to leave. I see absolutely no reason to give you any of my money. And I see I'm not the only one upset with you about this. Instead of this stupid back door malware you should actually have GMs in game again like you used to do, respond when people report them for once. but we all know how this is going to go. you'll stay quiet, ride it out and watch more people leave. You'll say and do nothing but cram more [filtered], more loot boxes, more repetitive dungeons, more content removals, more ignoring optimization and more ignoring your customers. Sooner or later, there won't be any left.

What a huge disappointment you've been.

Cases like this illustrate why I believe adding xingcode to a game with an established player base is problematic. Too much potential to cause problems since the player base is not self selected to not have problems with xingcode. The exception may be if the established player base is overwhelmingly asking for xingcode to be added.

@sonic101mk2
    Out of curiosity, did you try to re-partition the trashed drive. It could be that the partition table got damaged.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    Well, there is your response. Are you all happy now? They are working on a list of FAQ, which will solve everything.

I do love how they wanna pass the buck though. Forward your issues to Wellbia, because we really don't give a damn. Nice touch and so thoughtful.
  • [ Cropped for length ]
    I first want to say bravo. You've expressed my thoughts on this whole spiel better than I ever could.

Secondly, I want to chime in and say as another SSD user, it's your reports in the forum of XIGNCODE3 causing drive failure that has me completely terrified to even have the game installed on my system. The slimmest chance of a drive being bricked is a chance too much, and I'm sure there are others that would share my sentiments here. At the end of the day, my computer, which I use for many other important things like work, is not worth losing over a video game.

I've always been against hackers and cheaters, but I feel XIGNCODE3 is too much of a liability. EME, I urge you to please reconsider your options. I really don't want to resort to cheating just to play this game again, and I've been a loyal player for years!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah like wellbia is going to respond back to us or listen
This discussion has been closed.