[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

XIGNCODE3 was taken on for a number of reasons. One of those being cheaters and malignant hackers. Our version is custom built for us and is a work in progress, and we're trying to improve it.

Please know we're working on an FAQ for those that may have issues with XIGNCODE3. If you're having issues, please write in a ticket or if you want to bypass us, write directly to Wellbia!

first why deploy a work in progress thing forward to consumers? it doesn't work that way and allows for exploits or serious things such as hacking and computer issues(as such some have reported their SSD died)

second,its a rootkit,it shouldn't hide itself or install itself into drives nor scan everything in the computer

third,there is not a single positive point towards it,why trust them

nothing against you kit,i know you're not at fault here I'm mostly angry and confused about why they choose this route instead of something far more secure
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Custom version? Wtf is that? Can we have an explanation? You're owning OUR computers with you weird buggy soft and you don't say what it does!!
  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

XIGNCODE3 was taken on for a number of reasons. One of those being cheaters and malignant hackers. Our version is custom built for us and is a work in progress, and we're trying to improve it.

Please know we're working on an FAQ for those that may have issues with XIGNCODE3. If you're having issues, please write in a ticket or if you want to bypass us, write directly to Wellbia!

Lots of people ARE bypassing you, just not in the way you intended. After hundreds of posts and days of players voicing their concerns all you'll be doing is writing some FAQ that will somehow magically solve all the problems YOU created in the first place? What a joke.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Custom version? Wtf is that? Can we have an explanation? You're owning OUR computers with you weird buggy soft and you don't say what it does!!

It just means there's a custom list of programs it blocks... unfortunately, xigncode's capabilities do not extend to the cheats currently used on tera.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    This is our assumptions. Thanks for explanation and I really want details from EME.
  • Their game, their rules. Xigncode or not, it's my own fault that I can't/don't want to play the game. Solution? Find something else to do. Though TERA withdrawal has not been the easiest to get through.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can improve it by removing it all together. it's far more trouble than it's worth.you've actually increased the amount of hackers, and decreased the already shaky trust your customers have in you. you messed up. own it and remove it. Pretty much EVERY person that I've spoken too about it that's still playing has just outright bypassed it. No one wants it. It's useless, worthless and we don't trust it or you.

All you've done is make innocent players on OS's other than windows unable to play, you've actually killed one of my SSD's and I had to get a new one to reinstall Tera after I got a BSOD during the Xigncode3 load up on patch day That rendered that drive completely unreadable.. Absolutely ZERO of the hackers have been stopped in anyway shape or form. You've further slowed down the game for many people, including myself. I've lost an average of 5 to 10 fps depending on location. The game crashes more now giving me much more memory errors. You've done nothing but hinder your players ability to play and not solved virtually any of the problems you set out to do.

You failed hard. I've put up with a lot of BS from you guys since launch day 6 years ago because I really enjoyed playing this game. but slowly over time you and BHS keep taking out what was fun about the game. Now it's like you desperately want your player base to leave. I see absolutely no reason to give you any of my money. And I see I'm not the only one upset with you about this. Instead of this stupid back door malware you should actually have GMs in game again like you used to do, respond when people report them for once. but we all know how this is going to go. you'll stay quiet, ride it out and watch more people leave. You'll say and do nothing but cram more [filtered], more loot boxes, more repetitive dungeons, more content removals, more ignoring optimization and more ignoring your customers down our throats. Sooner or later, there won't be any left.

You should be focused on making this game playable, and WORTH playing. You should be optimizing it. You should be fixing YEARS old glitches, you should be offering good deals for your players based upon what they actually WANT to by, rather than RNG walling every tiny thing. Not forcing malware on us and pretending we're the problem. 6 years ago you promised not to be this cash grabby, untrustable, korean grindfest, sludgefest. And at first you were telling the truth, but over time you devolved in to something worse than EA entertainment.

What a huge disappointment you've been.

+10000

@KitTeaCup

Could you please forward this to the higher ups? This is exactly how the majority of long time players feel.

Also, sorry that you came on to Tera at this time. They probably didn't prepare you for this.
  • PeorthPeorth ✭✭
    what he said.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am hesitant to write a ticket to EME until the FAQ comes out, just in case all my questions are answered. So, a few quick responses while I wait for the FAQ to come out:

1: If XIGNCODE3 were to tell you exactly what information it collected, it would be even easier to circumvent. If it cold be denied admin access, same thing. In order to report detected activities, it must send information out. Therefore, by its nature, it is a program that has free reign to do "something" with our information, and all we can do is hope that "something" is not harmful. As far as I can tell, no amount of work on the program will change that.

2: Even assuming that XIGNCODE3/Wellbia has no intention of abusing the innate access of the program, installing XIGNCODE3 is essentially installing a wooden back door to a steel vault of information. Even if I trusted Wellbia not to abuse that door (which I honestly don't), it's still a security risk.

3: I work on a university-issued machine, and actually cannot install XIGNCODE3 on my machine, as the university-mandated anti-malware blocks it. Even if it could be installed, giving a largely unknown program admin access to this machine is questionable at best.

4: I have no evidence that Wellbia is a trustworthy company. Everything I have seen about Wellbia has described it as "shady", "worse than useless", "incompetent", or "unprofessional and uninformative." I would address my concerns to Wellbia, but after reading their translated ToS, it is made very clear that nobody at Wellbia speaks fluent english.

As a closer (see what i did there?) I will add that I am very happy to hear from EME on this topic, even if I think the response is long overdue. While I don't necessarily expect a direct response to these issues, hopefully whoever is working on the FAQ will see and address a few of them.

I feel bad for KTC...joins the company, looks forward to meeting and interacting with the community...and then this garbage happens. Yeesh.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Ummmm... Those gold seller bots are still around. Now we installed something useless in the process.
  • sonic101mk2sonic101mk2 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    MistyTera wrote: »
    @sonic101mk2
    Out of curiosity, did you try to re-partition the trashed drive. It could be that the partition table got damaged.

I did take a look through a usb bootable of partition magic and tried to reformat it but it wouldn't detect by windows once i logged in with a new SSD. The old SSD that got trashed was only 4 months old. I'd post system logs but the trashed drive was the one that held both the game and windows, fresh install. Reluctant to try loading the game again.

Before my old SSd got trashed the only thing that'd change was installing the patch, it took nearly 14 minutes for the game to boot up to the point of the Xigncode graphic showing in the bottom right of the screen, xigncode made it half way through it's on load bar and I got a BSOD that complained of a memory error of some kind and auto reset seconds later. I was greeted with a "no boot drive detected" message. The windows usb stick wouldn't even detect it when i tried to reformat. Not a happy person.

I'm running an i7 2600k, a gtx 780, windows 10 64 bit with most recent updates. if that helps any. 32 gbs dd3 ram.

• Here's the latest update that's going to be added to the upcoming FAQ.

Players that play on college networks may be facing issues due to the firewalls. More details to come, but it's been notified to Wellbia.

Wellbia is aware of this issue and is working on a solution (ETA TBD) but this is an example of players collaborating with us and Wellbia to improve the experience. Yay teamwork!

I'll make sure to keep letting everyone know what's coming up, and how this type of feedback is the answer! :)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the latest update that's going to be added to the upcoming FAQ.

Players that play on college networks may be facing issues due to the firewalls. More details to come, but it's been notified to Wellbia.

Wellbia is aware of this issue and is working on a solution (ETA TBD) but this is an example of players collaborating with us and Wellbia to improve the experience. Yay teamwork!

I'll make sure to keep letting everyone know what's coming up, and how this type of feedback is the answer! :)

While is good that there is work being done, the main issue persist: XIGNCODE is more malicious to the users than to hackers and cheaters. Would be nice if we knew with transparency if our PCs are safe, and i mean, personal information and such.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the latest update that's going to be added to the upcoming FAQ.

It's a good thing that you're attempting to eventually allow more legitimate players to play tera, however.. you've done nothing to address the fact that xigncode is simply not capable of detecting the cheats currently being used on tera. No matter what configuration it uses, the program is not designed for that purpose. It's not something collaboration with wellbia can fix, because their program isn't capable of it, even if it wasn't bypassed before it was released..
    Basically your post just confirms the fears many people have voiced that xigncode is only capable of stopping legitimate players from playing tera, and does not stop any cheaters. in any game it's ever been in. at all.

I for one would appreciate an explanation of why you added a tool that has no purpose other than stopping legitimate players from logging in and worsens performance for those who can still log in.
  • 4MWWPH9LXE4MWWPH9LXE ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    they should plug it out while its still in alpha stage cus this ain't final product

even tho i don't support it in any possible way i gotta contribute somehow(cus at this point i don't think i can make them change their minds so i pass it up to those who can articulate better arguments)

This discussion has been closed.