[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• Enmasse you re going to do SOMETHING about the fking FPS drops or not?
    Please, say a fkin word about it, i dont want to lose more time if not.
    Unfortunately, for this particular issue, all the other regions got the same bug K-TERA had. It should be fixed in the next patch. Not by any means saying that makes up for all the other issues at all.

The really stupid part is, XIGNCODE is a fundamentally flawed concept.
    The only realistic way to combat client side cheating is to do it at the hardware level like a video game console and have everything run in a white list only mode.
    The only problem with this argument (although not entirely wrong) is that it's kind of like saying "multiplayer PC gaming is a fundamentally flawed concept." Maybe it's not wrong, but...
  • narkfestmojonarkfestmojo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The really stupid part is, XIGNCODE is a fundamentally flawed concept.
    The only realistic way to combat client side cheating is to do it at the hardware level like a video game console and have everything run in a white list only mode.
    The only problem with this argument (although not entirely wrong) is that it's kind of like saying "multiplayer PC gaming is a fundamentally flawed concept." Maybe it's not wrong, but...

not really... I explained this in another post
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/246321#Comment_246321

I would like to add to this that I respect other players and value my own experience of the game enough not to cheat.
    This might sound like bragging, but I am pretty sure that I am not abnormal at all. The people who derive satisfaction from beating others in PVP with cheats and breezing through HM content instead of challenging themselves. Those people lack a social conscience & any sort of personal pride and are fortunately abnormal enough not to be a serious concern.

until now...

By making XIGNCODE the enemy they have removed a barrier that would otherwise prevent people from cheating... themselves.
  • edited June 2018
    Had a rather interesting exchange with support over this,pointed out that they should have really tested xingcode properly ironed out its kinks etc before forcing it on people......until a certain GM got involved and basically said 'dont like it....leave xingcode will not be removed anytime soon oh and we can also delete all data regards to your account'................
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    cRAPPYGame wrote: »
    until a certain GM got involved and basically said 'dont like it....leave xingcode will not be removed anytime soon oh and we can also delete all data regards to your account'................

Jeez, if being told they'd rather keep their anti cheat than playerbase, leaving might actually be just about the right choice. :astonished:
  • yeah leaving is an option lots of good games coming anyway
  • best part is they care bout the player base and how theyll take the game
  • MissKoMissKo
    edited June 2018
    [snip] until a certain GM got involved and basically said 'dont like it....leave xingcode will not be removed anytime soon oh and we can also delete all data regards to your account'................

Would it be too much to ask for proof of this exchange? Normally, I'd say it's unlikely an EME employee would threaten a player like this, but with how they've been acting as of late... Yikes, if true.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

A support employee is diferent than a GM stand for.

I thought you will quote Seandynamite, CobaltDragon or KitTeaCup.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Xerses wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

A support employee is diferent than a GM stand for.

I thought you will quote Seandynamite, CobaltDragon or KitTeaCup.

I think we're missing the bigger point here. It doesn't matter if it was a GM or support. They're both representatives of EME. In your day to day business whether you work for yourself or you work for another company you'd never tell a customer to get lost which is essentially what was said in the quoted link. Then they go one step further and offer to delete your data. That sounds a bit rational and I wonder what exactly was said to them in the first place for them to respond that aggressively. Regardless, with that response from EME it's very obvious they want to kill Tera off now.

You will be surprised how phone support from many bussiness do an awful work (they don't even care the phone call is being recorded and yes I have sent complains and people have been fired). They practically give you that treatment or even worst, not that I am justifying them they surely need to get with better responses but there is only a few things someone can do in those cases so it is up to the customer to chose what to do.
  • MissKoMissKo
    edited June 2018

Okay, so, it wasn't a threat, but instead an offer to remove the data in case you were concerned about your privacy. Big difference.

But, hey, we have an official stance on XIGNCODE3 from someone on staff now. I just wish one of the GMs would have just come out and publicly said, "Hey, this is the option we're going with and we're going to stick to it! XIGNCODE3 will not be removed." instead of us finding out this way, though. :/

All we can do now is hope that they fix up XIGNCODE well enough that people like me can return feeling content. As I said before in the forums, I'm terrified of having my computer bricked as there's someone else who has had this issue running on an SSD. If they can figure out how to make it play nice for us SSD users, and make it so there's not a crazy strain on us, I'll gladly return to the game. But, here we are, still receiving nothing but silence to our questions and having to find out important information from screenshots posted by players. :s Yikes.

I don't want to say it, but you dropped the ball here, EME.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    MissKo wrote: »

Okay, so, it wasn't a threat, but instead an offer to remove the data in case you were concerned about your privacy. Big difference.

But, hey, we have an official stance on XIGNCODE3 from someone on staff now. I just wish one of the GMs would have just come out and publicly said, "Hey, this is the option we're going with and we're going to stick to it! XIGNCODE3 will not be removed." instead of us finding out this way, though. :/

All we can do now is hope that they fix up XIGNCODE well enough that people like me can return feeling content. As I said before in the forums, I'm terrified of having my computer bricked as there's someone else who has had this issue running on an SSD. If they can figure out how to make it play nice for us SSD users, and make it so there's not a crazy strain on us, I'll gladly return to the game. But, here we are, still receiving nothing but silence to our questions and having to find out important information from screenshots posted by players. :s Yikes.

I don't want to say it, but you dropped the ball here, EME.

This. To sit there and spin it as a threat is going too far. It was simply an offer of a solution. They weren't telling anyone if they don't like it, then leave. They do still have their standards, of which, the aforementioned spun comment would be violating it.
  • edited June 2018
    MissKo wrote: »
    All we can do now is hope that they fix up XIGNCODE well enough that people like me can return feeling content. As I said before in the forums, I'm terrified of having my computer bricked as there's someone else who has had this issue running on an SSD. If they can figure out how to make it play nice for us SSD users, and make it so there's not a crazy strain on us, I'll gladly return to the game.

I'm not very sure how anyone can reassure you that an extremely uncommon event is unlikely to happen. I mean, many people could tell you that they've played games with XIGNCODE on their SSDs for years now and never had any problem (whether it's a good/useful program notwithstanding). The same program was also installed on tens of millions of computers with PUBG last year, and there wasn't an epidemic of dying SSDs by any means. Even in the case we have here, if a simple file scan of the SSD was enough to brick the drive, chances are there was already something very wrong anyway, and anything else (like an anti-virus scanner, anti-malware scanner, or even just accessing files) could have broken it in the same way. This program isn't any more "straining" than anything else that would scan recently accessed files on your computer.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say or imply that you should be okay with the software or like it, for reasons discussed ad nauseum in this thread. But if you're literally waiting for a "fix" that reassures you that it won't brick your computer... there's already nothing about it that makes it particularly likely to do so in the first place. I don't expect there'll be any fix or change that makes it less likely to do what it's already very unlikely to do.

(And yeah, aside, the nature of that support reply suggests very strongly the message it was replying to, which probably suggested that they have no legal right to make people install the software, which they do. When you start bringing up legality, you can expect a reply that reinforces the legality of the situation. It's not some sort of threat.)
This discussion has been closed.