[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Can you pls stop write caps/not caps??its hard to read.
  • There is a surprising population drop off since they introduced the XIGNCODE rootkit.

Check it out, http://steamcharts.com/app/323370#1m
    Its an interesting graph to look at, you can even scale it back to compare it to early 2018, the current population has never been this low.

Basically from looking on the weekends, you can see at best 100 people less, but at worst as much as 500+ people less. And keep in mind, they have recently released new gear and content yet lost people. Also keep in mind, some people used to run a couple instances of the game at once, so the number may be less if that is taken into consideration.

Pre XIGNCODE rootkit
    Sunday May 27th, peak of 2916 people
    Saturday June 2nd, peak of 3169 people
    Sunday June 3rd, peak of 3219 people
    Post XIGNCODE rootkit
    Saturday June 9th, peak of 2799 people
    Sunday June 10, peak of 2799 people
    Saturday June 16, peak of 2381 people

And you have to realize, this is just steam stats, and does not include the people who don't use steam. The people who just use the launcher are likely more computer savvy and cautious about their PCs and don't trust any DRM scam like steam, let alone XIGNCODE and would have an even larger drop out rate.

Impossible to know though if equal amounts run the game outside steam or within, but even if the number is 50% less, that is still probably around 100-200 people non steam people lost.

As the word spreads though, more will leave. This game had a fairly steady population, its too bad they decided to scare off the loyal hardcore remaining fans of the game. TERA is tiny in size compared to Blueholes PUBG, so this aggression against TERA's small and fragile player base its just mind boggling to me. Its a death blow.
  • miskaymiskay ✭✭
    Sadly nothing we can do to change things,we play or walk away,i'm done.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    And we who left also will not benefit from people who left.
  • edited June 2018
    There is a surprising population drop off since they introduced the XIGNCODE rootkit.

Honestly, if you look on the same report at the same one-month period in 2017, you'll see the same pattern of a drop-off in June. As the summer months hit, TERA's population drops (presumably because people are done school and/or are enjoying the summer). I'm not saying that nobody left the game because of this, of course -- we see some of them in this very thread -- but you can't use these statistics and draw that kind of conclusion. Based on years past, you'll continue to see lower numbers during the summer months, with traffic picking up again in September.

Again, this is not trying to justify or excuse the use of this ineffective tool.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    If XIGNCODE is causing BSOD's then it is clearly doing something it should not be doing... end of story. Whether it is malicious intent or just incompetent design is totally irrelevant.

Concurred. Yet, it seems that EME/BHS has to know why. I feel like a waste of my time! Server-side Protection is so much better though!

I know it's tough to move on, but sometimes, that is the best thing to do. I was playing Tera 7 days a week for over 10 hours each day. Legions would take me a minimum of 4 hours alone. My kid's have accounts to, and my daughter was still playing on her account. My kids started over 3 years ago, and I started daily playing about a year and a half ago. It's really tough to stop something abruptly like we had to do, but eventually, you'll feel better and will move onto other games or activities. It will be OK.
  • There is a surprising population drop off since they introduced the XIGNCODE rootkit.

Honestly, if you look on the same report at the same one-month period in 2017, you'll see the same pattern of a drop-off in June. As the summer months hit, TERA's population drops (presumably because people are done school and/or are enjoying the summer). I'm not saying that nobody left the game because of this, of course -- we see some of them in this very thread -- but you can't use these statistics and draw that kind of conclusion. Based on years past, you'll continue to see lower numbers during the summer months, with traffic picking up again in September.

Again, this is not trying to justify or excuse the use of this ineffective tool.

Ya the summer may be to blame, hard to exactly know since we did get a slight population boost from Male brawler... i'm not fully convinced at looking at previous summers because of big class releases that happened each May of the year.

Valkyrie was released in April 2017.

In May 2016 the Ninja was released.

Then before that, the gunner in may 2015

And in May 2014, the Reaper (also level 65 level cap increase).

You see the pattern. Late spring class release, burst in pop size for May, then rapid population drop again near end of may or early June.
    All the data is tricky to be 100% sure on so i guess we won't know for sure until september or october to compare those numbers.... those big class releases each year really throw off the numbers.
  • I've stopped logging in since XIGN.
  • I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.
  • I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.
    I realize you're "done" after what happened, but the most useful thing so that there's documented evidence of this problem happening (and exactly what caused it) would be if you could submit your diagnostic details to EME in a ticket, including your XIGNCODE log. Regardless of whether it results in them removing the tool or not, these bugs should be fixed.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.
    I realize you're "done" after what happened, but the most useful thing so that there's documented evidence of this problem happening (and exactly what caused it) would be if you could submit your diagnostic details to EME in a ticket, including your XIGNCODE log. Regardless of whether it results in them removing the tool or not, these bugs should be fixed.

There's a certain irony to be found here, proposing they should help out a company that in turn refuses to properly communicate with us about this whole issue. I mean, sonic has written about this several times. If EME would be interested in fixing this stuff, they could've simply asked for details themselves.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a surprising population drop off since they introduced the XIGNCODE rootkit.

Its an interesting graph to look at, you can even scale it back to compare it to early 2018, the current population has never been this low.

Basically from looking on the weekends, you can see at best 100 people less, but at worst as much as 500+ people less. And keep in mind, they have recently released new gear and content yet lost people. Also keep in mind, some people used to run a couple instances of the game at once, so the number may be less if that is taken into consideration.

Pre XIGNCODE rootkit
    Post XIGNCODE rootkit

And you have to realize, this is just steam stats, and does not include the people who don't use steam. The people who just use the launcher are likely more computer savvy and cautious about their PCs and don't trust any DRM scam like steam, let alone XIGNCODE and would have an even larger drop out rate.

Impossible to know though if equal amounts run the game outside steam or within, but even if the number is 50% less, that is still probably around 100-200 people non steam people lost.

As the word spreads though, more will leave. This game had a fairly steady population, its too bad they decided to scare off the loyal hardcore remaining fans of the game. TERA is tiny in size compared to Blueholes PUBG, so this aggression against TERA's small and fragile player base its just mind boggling to me. Its a death blow.

why pop increased in march and april ? :3
  • vkobe wrote: »

Pre XIGNCODE rootkit
    Post XIGNCODE rootkit

why pop increased in march and april ? :3

My guess would be the male brawler class release which i think was mid March 2018. Then in April the Apex release which was an even bigger bit deal. It let slayer, warrior, berserker, priest, mystic and lancer do a quest to unlock powerful extra skills and 5 extra talent points.

Those two events, like any class release or big content release causes a return of players... which is a bit of proof that they lost players, even after releasing new gear and content, showing XIGNCODE has killed off a portion of the loyal base.

And its steam stats, people also run the game independent of steam, so the numbers could be double that.
  • TomRipley wrote: »
    I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.

There's a certain irony to be found here, proposing they should help out a company that in turn refuses to properly communicate with us about this whole issue. I mean, sonic has written about this several times. If EME would be interested in fixing this stuff, they could've simply asked for details themselves.

Who gives two [filtered] about the company. Help other people that could similarly see something bad happen to their SSD.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »

Who gives two [filtered] about the company. Help other people that could similarly see something bad happen to their SSD.

Not possible to patch xigncode in a way that stops it from damaging older SSD's without also patching out it's ability to cause blue screens, which couldn't possibly make it less effective than the 0% success rate it already has, but would stop it from ostensibly detecting certain hooks.
This discussion has been closed.