The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

PC Strongbox event, when?

1235»

Answers

• HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    give us a strongbox event for gold and silver talens. dont tell us there wont be another strongbox jackpot because like costumes , accessories or mounts that were said to NEVER return to tera..they came back, more then once.
    here's the thing, tera players are used to the rotation of certain events and we plan for them, buying keys months in advance, using emporium credits , all to stock up for the next jakcpot.
    SO if eme really isnt planning on doing another event like that they should notify us DURING the last event.

btw a day or two ago there was nothing but keys in the "(non)deal of the day" , so whats that about ?
    at the moment strongboxes are not worth opening, for anyone, regardless of how much they claim to be improved.
    im sure eme makes a fortune during a strongbox event, to not do another would be dumb.

• BOBBYYYYBOBBYYYY ✭✭
    They never said it on the forums so its not "official" right? 5 pages on forums and they still keep ignoring. can you guys grows some and take some heat
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    They never said it on the forums so its not "official" right?

Saying it on Discord is no less official than here (it's the Official EME Discord after all), though of course it's important to note exactly what was said: that they have no intention of scheduling anymore jackpot events. If, at some point in the future, all the staff change again and new people come in that decide they do want to do it, it could happen. But betting on that is certainly a big gamble; you're waiting indefinitely for something that may never change.
  • Don't put it directly on broker! Sell them to me directly instead! Kamizuma can frick off with snatching those for cheap instantly.:P
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope @SingleBear is pulling our leg. It's a really huge disappointment that strongbox events are no more if what he said is true. Even though the event could be said as a p2w event, its still a fun event, and feeds the addiction of gamblers, but it still is joyous to them too, because of this supposed fact, keys are worthless now and strongbox events were temporary band aids to problems such as lacking materials in the economy, but band aids that lasted a good amount of time.
  • In my honest opinion, I don't think it'll be going away all together, but maybe they'll change an aspect of it. I'd say keep buying cheap strongbox keys on the broker (considering the market price will start going down once more and more people hear about the ongoing rumour of no more strongbox key events) and stock up on keys. Even if an event happens in a month, 6 months or 1 year from now, at least you'll have a huge supply ;)
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    We need another event so that the price on talents drop in price. It is getting way too expensive for newer players to even gear.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    Run 2 star dungeons every day. New players don't buy them. They run KC rg and SF and haven't so big trouble with golden talents. At least those whom I spoke to. They both have no gold and need for that. I have plenty of niewbies in guild and didn't hear any single whine from them. All complains from those who are too high to run two stars and do something to get result and talents. Imo you're just either lazy or another bunch of whales who comes only to run endgame.
    Don't mask your own wish to have golden talents into wish to help new players.

P.s. I still can agree we need more ways or better amounts of silver talents in dungeons.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited June 30
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    We need another event so that the price on talents drop in price. It is getting way too expensive for newer players to even gear.
    Run 2 star dungeons every day. New players don't buy them. They run KC rg and SF and haven't so big trouble with golden talents. At least those whom I spoke to. They both have no gold and need for that. I have plenty of niewbies in guild and didn't hear any single whine from them. All complains from those who are too high to run two stars and do something to get result and talents. Imo you're just either lazy or another bunch of whales who comes only to run endgame.
    Don't mask your own wish to have golden talents into wish to help new players.

P.s. I still can agree we need more ways or better amounts of silver talents in dungeons.

Both of these viewpoints have their merits really although it is important to differentiate between two related issues here:

1) Lack of ingame methods for silver talents which pretty much everyone agrees is a huge issue.

2) Lack of gold talents driving prices up. Some argue this is not such huge issue as they are more farmable. They are but it is so mind numbingly boring that most the time I see new players try this route they get burned out and leave. The problem for new players is that they desperately need talents for their gear to upgrade it also so to do this ultra grind farm on several characters a day to get ALL their needed talents this way. I have seen many try and end up burning out at the early frostmetal/stormcry stage.

I do think that almost all players actually benefit from cheaper talent prices, except those who have hoards of them from previous events.

Anyway that is my experience which is why I cant imagine why EME would want to change strongbox events which previously helped alleviate these issues which are currently driving off newer players, and also causing massive frustration among current players also.
1235»