[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Can't solo Brutal Onyx Hydrath?

How am I supposed to get my E when I can't solo the Brutal Onyx Hydraths for the quest? They just chain stun me with no warning and kill me every time. It's marked as a solo vanguard request so I should be able to solo them, right?

Comments

• Once they turn they generally are locked to an attack. If you have multiple movements just keep dodging in back of them. Otherwise run around them. Could always ask for help as well, usually someone will I think.
  • which class are you playing
  • As a healer main I find giants to be most annoying. Just because of the lack of block/dodge they knockdown you to no end. None that can kill a healer, just taking longer than hydtaths or nagas.
    As for hydtaths you should avoid the spinny debuff attack and you should be fine, it takes time to practice to predict this and once you get it right you will start killing them without getting hit.
  • IDK about that particular request but I know some of the lower ones you get the credit in a party even though they are marked as solo. Though it seems like the quest completion item drop is lower if you are in a group so you will have to kill more of them
  • I think completion level splits depending how many people in a party you have. If you have 2 - every other one counts; if you have 3 - every 3rd and so on.
    You could have people helping you out of party - just make sure you attack first and do more damage. So safest is to get a healer heal you and debuff bams out of party.
  • Emerose1 wrote: »
    I think completion level splits depending how many people in a party you have. If you have 2 - every other one counts; if you have 3 - every 3rd and so on.
    You could have people helping you out of party - just make sure you attack first and do more damage. So safest is to get a healer heal you and debuff bams out of party.

think it's actually that the drop rate changes so 2 in party is 50% drop rate so it can technically be more or less than every other depending on luck but basically that sounds about right from my experience 2 manning island of dawn VGs and my friend who has bad RNG luck getting it every 3 while I was getting about 3/4

• AbunaiLakshmiAbunaiLakshmi ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    With IOD BAMs Vanguard Request you take into consideration the party members. Now if its solo..then it's just 10. Group up with a person means now you supposedly can kill faster so the required amount doubles. 10 for you and 10 for your group member. Add a 3rd member and it follows the same principle as you keep adding to the group.

Basically with the IOD
    BAMS...yes you can group up for them just remember for every member in your group just keep adding 10 to kill.
  • Guess I'll just have to practice against them more, and/or try it while sober. Might help to get my ilvl up, barely at 417 now, though I was planning to hold off on investing any more feedstock etc into any character until gunner comes out so I can decide if I want to main that. Playing a warrior now so I should be able to solo BAMs, right?
  • You should. At 417 it’s doable once you learn the bosses patterns and attacks. You also have a couple of stuns to prevent them from doing the bleeding circle attack.
    It will help massively if you have your weapon with rolls like deals more damage to enraged monsters and more damage from behind, plus the back damage crystals and glyphs for your blade draw and scythe.
  • FinalFantasy7FinalFantasy7 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You can ask someone to help you doing the vanguard request. The letter E quest isn't much of a problem compared to the last letter R. Not many will be able to beat lilith's keep dungeon sadly. They should changed it to Vault of kaprima :)
  • Liliths keep normal mode would make even more sense to do as it’s the part of the current story. That said I was still able to do the hm through just instance matching, depends on how well you know it and the people you get.
    I have a feeling that both letter E and R will be easier to get than they are now, they already changed U so we’ll see.
  • Tried Lilith's keep normal mode for the first time last night and half the party was dead half the fight on the horse and I'm pretty sure I was the only one who hadn't been in there before yet I had the fewest deaths
  • The issue is that the game doesn’t prepare you for the difficulty spike between the 355 dungeons and 410. Up until then you get everything super easy - avatar weapons and quick levelling where everything dies too quickly. Same is with the 355 dungeons, you can go in blind and clear them.
    410 ones require you or at least someone in your party to know what they’re doing. Learning the essential mechanics becomes very important as you cannot facetank and auto attack to win anymore.
    I’m not even talking about 417s as you should attempt those unless you’re fully comfortable with the 410s.
  • elixir66 wrote: »
    Tried Lilith's keep normal mode for the first time last night and half the party was dead half the fight on the horse and I'm pretty sure I was the only one who hadn't been in there before yet I had the fewest deaths

Yeah, Pyrepelt tends to wipe a lot of parties. I've cleared LKNM several times on both my warrior and reaper but it's still just a matter of luck every time I go in there whether or not the party will make it past the first boss. More often than not someone will fail mechanics and we wipe a few times on first boss before disbanding. Groups that clear the first boss generally clear the dungeon though.